It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever met a "soulless" person?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Does anybody here have anecdotes of meeting a "soulless" person?

What was this person like, and what did they do to be considered soulless? How were they different than the normal person?

I am curious, because I have a pet theory that Lecterish type of people are not truly "soulless." I think that good and bad are both part of the soul, and a soulless person woudl be more blank, than expressedly evil.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
you'd probably have to be a vegetable to be literally soulless.

generally speaking though, we describe those who lack any kind of empathy, sympathy, mercy, consideration etc for others as, 'soulless'.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A truly apathetic person would be the closest to soulless, but maybe you should define what it is to have a soul first..

Anton Chigurh (played by Javier Bardem) - the antagonist in "No country for old men" - was pretty soulless.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by juveous]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Anton Chigurh was the

antagonist*

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread awhile ago about a guy who lived on a farm and had a strange friend who he thought was an alien and/or just very weird? Sorry I couldn't find the link. But, the way that person talked about that guy was very odd....the blankness, the lack of emotion. I'm just saying that your question reminded me of the thread. I've never known anyone to be souless (maybe my ex--lol).

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

I seem to remember that. Wasn't it a hoax though?

I think apathetic would be more like it... because I think the truly sociopathic and narcisistic enjoy what they do, and it takes a soul to feel pleasure.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think a soulless person would also have to be a sociopath. A sociopath is a person who knows the difference between right and wrong but just doesn't give a sh_t (the basic definition). Does this definition remind you of anyone you know?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

Ooh, a couple of people come to mind...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think that good and bad are both part of the soul, and a soulless person woudl be more blank, than expressedly evil.

Well according to your comment, and my own view as well, being soulless would prevent an individual from being either good or bad...

Their existence would be mundane at best...I'd rather live 1 hour in chaos than a lifetime of dull...

So, how are they different..? A soulless person would 'apparently' drift through life aimlessly with no motivation...someone with soul would seem to find motivation in being either altruistic or malicious...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have never met a souless person, at least I don't think I have. But Hillary Clinton met Putin and she reported she looked in his eyes and he has no soul.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Very probably we have different ideas about what constitutes 'soullessness'

nevertheless, I'll contribute my bit:

Male, mid-40s, divorced, lived with his aged mother. In the house also lived other of the mother's adult children with their partners.

The house itself (imo) had a depressing, unsettling atmosphere, despite that those who lived in it were reasonably active, vocal, etc.

The male in question (imo) had what could best be described as a 'dark' sort of area around him no matter whether he was indoors or out.

He claimed he was a lay Baptist minister. He carried a Bible everywhere and opened it constantly, bidding people to read this or that section.

The family had originally been Roman Catholic. The lay Baptist had succeeded (he claimed) in converting all except his elderly mother to the Baptist faith.

After attempting to rape a young female visitor to the house, during which she fought and succeeded in escaping him, he threatened her and warned that if she told anyone, he would hurt people close to her.

He revealed that he visited a psychiatric institution several times a week in his claimed capacity of lay Baptist minister, and claimed he had gained such a position of trust that he was able to take young, attractive and emotionally vulnerable patients on day trips and other excursions. He claimed he had repeatedly raped many of these girls. Those who dared accuse him had not been believed by the institution's staff.

The young female visitor to his mother's home (the girl he'd attempted to rape) told her boyfriend and brother, who went to the house to confront him and possibly to administer physical deterent.

The lay Baptist minister fell on his knees and claimed 'the Debil' was responsible for his actions. He claimed the Debil always attacked those who were closest to God. Then he began a sermon about how the Debil had attempted to tempt Jesus in the wilderness.

The two men intent on avenging the girl's honour apologised to the rapist and departed without laying a finger on him.

The rapist was very dark, but a 'dead' dark and imo qualifies as 'soulless', not merely by his actions, but by the fact no light escaped him. Dead, dark eyes and a dark atmosphere which hovered around him.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Anybody on meth is souless. You can even look into their eyes and see it, there is nothing there after a short while of using the crap. Edit to add: And then there is Casey Anthony........

[edit on 31-10-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I meet tons of soulless people all the time. In fact, anyone who works for a living.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Richard Leonard Kuklinski

Best example I have ever seen

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
^^ Great example.

The only two that spring to mind are - the Ice Man (picutred above) and a guy that I went through Recruit School with - his favourite job was working as the cattle killer at an abbatoir his exact words were "That was pretty cool, using the rod".

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Wanna meet a soulless person?

Send me a return ticket to wherever it is you live, and set up the meeting at a time and place convenient to you. I'll arrange for you to be met by a soulless person: me.

Alternatively, you could just look in the mirror. You're a soulless person, too.

The soul doesn't exist. It's fiction, just like the Bible, the Bhagavad-Gita and the Koran.

new topics

top topics

join