It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be your plan of action, if zombies rise?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I know there is probly a lot of horror and sci-fi movie fans around ATS, so was wondering what would you do if and or when zombies rise?

This is puerly for fun, but try and keep your responses on topic and try to be as realistic as possible

Here goes my plan;

First secure my home and family, then load up my car with a small amount of supplies and set out on a loan trip to my nearest police station. Once there (assuming I made it lol), I would head to the armed response team area (it is the UK so police do not have guns as standard), load up on as many guns, assault rifles, shotguns etc as possible for me to carry, drop them in my car, then head back for as much ammo as possible.

Would drop all this hardware at home and load my family up. Second trip would be more safer now. For second trip get my bro to fill our other car with some basic supplies for him.

Then head for a nearby petrol station, fill up the cars, fill up some big ol oil containers I have at home (we brung them with lol). Then head for a supermarket (or two), stock up on as much food as possible (if they have an articulate on site bonus, ram that with as much food as possible and I will drive that back, my bro can A frame tow the other car back chock a block with supplies). We get stuff like peanut butter, honey, jam, rice, flour, tinned foods, meat, fish (basically anything with a few years shelf life).

Head home and get everything indoors. Then barricade up and sit it out, if it never ends, we live as long as possible on the supplies, making supply runs when needed, before deciding to try and find somewhere safe (maybe Scotland, seems the safe place in films cos the cold rofl), if the supplied run out or zombies begin to amass around our home knowing we in there alive.

Of course all the above is assuming my family is at home at the time of the happening (I really would hope for it to happen at night). Also that non of us get bitten, no zombies find a way into our home and I make it to the police station for the weapons!

Pure fantasy I know, but it would make one kick ass game do you not think? Forget turd like dead riseing etc, they need to make a free form zombie game, one where there is no objective, no missions, your only goal, survive. You can choose to help people you come across, rob them of the little supplies they have, break into homes and steal their hoarded supplies, kill them, leave them to the zombies etc. You can choose which stores to raid for supplies, what to use as a weapon, what vehicles you wish to boost. Man would be the most open ended zombie game ever!

Maybe even make it online, give everyone a home in the online city, they can choose to band together, go solo, rob from other people, share with them, have limited resources so when it gets to a point where they are low, they begin to infight for the little remaining

Look forward to reading peoples ideas

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
should zombies rise my mission will become clear to me
i shall awaken my wife from silent slumber arming not just i but her as well.
and for reasons not of my understanding there would be lots of cannibal corpse, morbid angel, dio, and iron maiden playing in the background. as for me all i have is a replica katana and some daggers (scottish dirk, german youth knife, dagger with skulls on it, ect.) and after we proceed to chop and eye-stab our way to the car we would go to the nearest gunshop, kill all the zombies there, gather a mini-14, 12 guage shotgun, model 1911 45. anything with a 20 round clip with 1000 rounds each (we have a huge trunk with large back seats), then go to the nearest grocery store, raid it for food provisions, and recruit survivors, kill zombies, kill people that try to rob me. if a person tries to rob me i will kill them, and whoever they are with. i have seen zombieland and i've read helter skelter enough times to be this barbaric. then me and my army of inglorious basterds are going to establish an outpost in a trailer park where we will proceed to mar the road with burning corpses, fires so big that gods shall notice us again.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by rockoperawriter]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Having been married to one and now living in Las Vegas which I call Raccoon City I am not to afraid of zombies.They aren't that bright and the whole being a corpse thing slows them down quit a bit

first I would secure my home then I would head to to any Lowes DIY and raid up all the supplies for siege I could get my hot little hands on, I'll be playing 16 Horsepower, you tube them they're awesome

I will run over all the zombies I see at the mall couple of times just for fun,Then I'll go next door to WalMart and get some shotguns and shells
I will meet some local non zombies looting like me and we'll knock over all the CoinStars we can find and get all the dimes we can and reload all our shotgun ammo with that. Dime in place of shot, sure guarantee that the zombie will be eradicated

me and the neighbors will all hunt zombies ,and then we'll drink whiskey around the zombie bonfire and we'll probably listen to Misfits ,and Pogues or Flogging Molly, laugh about how dumb zombies are. I'll keep in touch with ATSers and so we can keep in contact about various zombie outbreaks so we can send backup to whoever is getting overwhelmed
this will probably last quit a few months and then we will be rid of the zombies and we can return to arguing on ATS

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's easy, I'll just play a Justin Bieber CD, that should get rid of em!

That is, if he isn't infected in the first place...

If he is, I'll pull a Will Smith and board up my house I am Legend style.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
has anyone read the "Zombie Suvival Guide" by Max Brooks

it tells you everything you need to know, like full auto weapons are a big no,no, and fire is no ones friend, is away neutral.

fun read really. almost a must

cars, no,no try a bicycle.

a crow bar is your best friend.

when hold up, be as quiet as possible, always be as quiet as possible.

when moving use bikes because of deserted cars on road, and you can go cross country and you can carry a bike up a hill, and again stay quiet.

best gun for shooting zombie's in the head is the M1 carbine, the garand is a little bulky but still effective.

head's shots, decapitation, or blunt force trauma to the head are the only things that stop zombies.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by quantumdragon]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Haha!

I'd go to the seaside and find a little boat in which i'd position myself about 20 yards offshore.

I would then amuse myself by watching zombies jump into the sea in their eagerness to molest me!

But then i'd worry that the seabed was piling up with zombie bodies - creating a land bridge for them to climb over and get to me.

So then i would sail off to some island somewhere (in a 'Dawn of the Dead' style) and sip cocktails on a beach.

Oh! and i wouldnt take anyone with me - They'd just end up getting on my nerves!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

bwhahaha good one ,I changed my plan

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Yes!

That's made me think that perhaps i could be a little more considerate of a zombies feelings! Poor little zombies...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

we are to quick to judge SilverStar zombies are just like us

except they're dead and they eat brains

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Ok I've been converted.

In the event of a zombie apocalypse i will offer my brains up at the first opportunity.

If you cant beat 'em - join 'em

By the way, was this you at the recent 'Zombie Rights' convention?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fadcf2d2002e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

that's me alright ,but I've died my hair since that pic was taken

all I'm trying to say is that expect for the infected bites and the brain eating and leaving trails of rotting stinking flesh wherever they go

zombies are fun!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A good zombie plan is really no different than any S@#t Hits the Fan (shtf) scenario...

You'll need:
1. Your loved ones.
2. Food and water.
3. Weapons.
4. Someplace safe.

The particulars really depend on how the zombie plague would progress, and how much time this would give you. Living in FL, we always have hurricane supplies of food, water, batteries, lights, sterno, etc. for that, and those components would be key for any shtf scenario too.

However, my main goal would be to get to a more rural area, find a fortified location, and try to stick it out that way. For zombies, I'd be looking to either get up north to a place with lots of snow (you think they're slow normally, try in the snow or if they are frozen)...or get to an island.

Of course, if you're really concerned, there's one group that will definitely survive...crews of nuclear subs and aircraft carriers. So, if you're really concerned, go join up with them...

EDIT: and yes, I've read the Zombie Survival Guide (and own it, along with several other Zombie survival/tactics books...they are good reads, and the advice is still applicable to any shtf scenario)....

The Zombie MMORPG idea is pretty intriguing too, but of course, you'd see similar online game tactics emerge (guilds, etc.) just as you would in real life (groups of survivors), and soon, these guilds would hold the real power in such a game.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
as for mmorpg a zombie game would be intriguing. my idea would be to make a first and third person perspective zombie game. same gameplay as shellshock nam 67 but it is set in a small town and you can create your own character or choose between a martial artist, mafia hitman, or an arms dealer. the goal is simple: kill all zombies

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow, the (shtf) survival tactics seem pretty good. One concern that first comes to mind is...

Food, water, solid underground lodging all are very much needed. What's also needed is, the will-power to never take a shower again! The reason for this is all the food and water in the world isn't gonna help protect you from being made as a normal human being. You can run but you can't hide. You're eventually gonna get tired, get caught off-guard and before you know it half your brains are Zombie Slushy Mush!

Only way of survival is blending in. Tear up your close, roll around in the mud, slap fireplace ash on your face, learn to speak Spanish backwards, etc. What ever it takes to be as one with the new zombie nation.

But whatever you do! Don't procreate with the zombies. Things fall off... Like your hair!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DrDazed]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hehehe you hit on exactly what i first thought of when i saw this thread - arm up and liberate a docked nuclear sub/aircraft carrier. you'd then have rediculus wepons, electricity, isolation and mobility. just park up in the north sea and make runs for foodin helicopters etc. mabey join up with any survivers on oil rigs and start civilisation anew at sea.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rule #1 - Cardio.

Here's the rest :

The Rules of Zombieland

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
has anyone read the "Zombie Suvival Guide" by Max Brooks

YES! It's a fantastic book!

And #1 on my to-do list in the event of an EVENT would be to revise it quick-smart!

Getting to somewhere isolated yet sustainable would be high priority.. I thought Iceland, but just remembered 'World War Z'.. It was the most infected place on the planet thanks to thousands having a similar idea..

..Regroup..

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
to max brooks,

thank you. every zombie thread mentions the zombie survival guide. heeheehee! i'm gonna have to read it myself

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
well you guys better take this test

good information to have in case of zombie holocaust

The Zombie Bite Test

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I live in a very low populated area, so it wouldnt be hard for me to make t somewhere. I would go to Wal Mart, for sure. Turn off the automatic doors, which are plexiglass and really hard to break, and they have guns and weapons at wal mart. And Zombies cant climb or swim, so i will just block the door with something. And there is plenty of food in there.
If there is a zombie apocolypse, it will be kill or be killed. I will hold wal mart for the only amount of people it can support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join