It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Hamas Plans Deadly Blow of 800 Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The current leaders of the terrorist organization, Hamas, have stated their new, lofty goals. The days of solitary suicide bomber are over. Their newest plan is to send at least 800 suicide bombers into Israel, and to have them detonate the bombs simultaneously. A response of this size would overwhelm the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), and cause an unbelievable shock that would dwarf the Madrid train bombings.

DEBKA File
"The lone suicide martyr method has scored great achievements, but now, as we stand at the threshold of a decisive stage, we must resort to a tactic that brings us the desired results. Ideally, we would round up 70,000 to 80,000 martyrs and have them blow themselves up simultaneously in the enemy's urban centers and so finally vanquish him. But that is not realistic. One tenth or even one hundredth part of that number should suffice to inflict a shock on a strategic scale. I therefore tell you not to hurry to exact revenge. We have to be sure our assault is concerted and perfectly orchestrated. Don't waste resources and manpower on small operations. No one is pushing you. Take all the time you need and then pick a date and hour that are most advantageous to our project." - Osama Hamdan

The Hamas leadership in Gaza has gone underground fearing further strikes from Israeli helicopters. In the silence, the Hamas leadership in Damascus has spoken. Khaled Mashaal is trying to assert his leadership over all of Hamas, and has given out orders addressed to Hamas soldiers in Gaza. The orders were not in an encrypted message, but broadcasted boldly over the airwaves out of Lebanon.

Evidently, the Hamas leaders in Damascus are feeling secure in Syria, and believe that they are out of harm's way. A strike of the magnitude that they are planning could change all of the rules of engagement in the Middle East. Last October Israel bombed a training camp used by Hamas, northwest of Damascus. This was in retaliation to a bombing of a restaurant that killed 19. If Hamas manages to pull off even 100 simultaneous bombings, the death toll could be in the thousands. How Israel would respond to this can only be imagined, but there would be little doubt that bombs would fall in Syria too. Israel has previously warned the leaders of Syria to control the terrorist in their country, or they would have to take matters into their own hands.

Related Articles:
Bush: Israel Has Right To Strike

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by dbates]

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
maybe even with the threat israel will attack or something? do you think they might retaliate with nukes or anything?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think 800 is a bit far fetched but I think the principle of similtaneous suicide bombers is extremly likely.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I think 800 is a bit far fetched but I think the principle of similtaneous suicide bombers is extremly likely.

Well, I think it's possible for them to pull off close to 50. If each bomber resulted in 10 deaths, which seems about average, this would be enormous. Even a number of 10 would probably cause drastic measures.

cmdrkeenkid hit on an important note. Will Israel have preemptive strikes to deal with Hamas leadership in Damascus?

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its good to see a Debka referenced story where no one has attempted to discredit the source.

I can only imagine the Israeli response to an attack of even 10% of the mentioned 800 number.

What I am curious about is seemingly after Hamas has used up its cadre of idiots, how will they or can they capitalize on it if successful - what are their resources to follow-on.

If all Hamas can do is provoke a massive retaliatory strike by Israel are they not commiting suicide as an organization?

Are they counting on war breaking out, massive palastinian uprising to finish the job?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
His first idea of 70k to 80k, thats nearly all of the Palestinians. Once they use up all their suicde-ees what are they going to do? They are outgunned by the Jews, and don;t really have a good army. All they good do is get the other Arabs after them.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looking at their attempt to recruit children as suicide bombers recently, I think there will always be a supply of people indoctrinated in the desire to kill Israeli's.

There are I think, about 3 million palastinians, so enough of asupply of crazies to draw from not to mention other jihadi's from other countries. Last year 2 British guys became suicide bombers as well..

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm certainly not saying they would readily run out of suicidal maniacs, but there is a limit.

My interest is whats the follow-on for Hamas after this initial human wave assault of bombers has caused chaos. They must have some plan in mind to capitalize on the success, if any, of the wave of bombers.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Pheonix, they may not have a plan ..... they are a corrupt, divisive and fragmented organization

The response by Israel would be horriffic I imagine. THAT would be the thing to look for.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They would have to have a class instructing a how-to...

"OK,...I'm only going to show you this once..."

But their effectiveness seems to be in the minimal organisation that seems to be required to succeed at their efforts.

I really hope this is not going to happen, as it would probubly instigate some real and serious reactions.
(another war)

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Pheonix, they may not have a plan ..... they are a corrupt, divisive and fragmented organization

The response by Israel would be horriffic I imagine. THAT would be the thing to look for.

And I would like to add to your comments on Hamas, "STUPID"
If they do such a heinous act without a plan, it would be like spittin on the bombers graves.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Regardless of what HAMAS has in store for the Israelis, the retaliation for the assasination of the HAMAS leader is going to be brutal. 8 bombers or 800....it does not matter, lives are going to be lost.

All in the name of "religion" on both sides.

Israel has poked the Hornet's nest and I pray for the innocents who are going to get caught in the cross-fire, regardless if they are Arab or Israeli.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Religion nothing... its politics pure and simple.

Religion in this case is just the tool by which the politics are played out, - its the cannon fodder motivator, has been in the past as well

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Religion nothing... its politics pure and simple.

Religion in this case is just the tool by which the politics are played out, - its the cannon fodder motivator, has been in the past as well

Religion nothing?

Israel's very exsistence is founded on religion. The suicide bombers are blowing themselves up under the belief that they will go to paradise and receive 72 virgins. Religion plays a big part.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
being neither pro israeli or pro palestinian i would suggest that Israel consider the Balfour doctrine which was created in England by global elitists to set up a jewish state right smack dab in the middle of arabs....
I think they should consider why it was created and you can bet many of them dont even know who dreamed up the ludicrous idea of jewish state in the middle of arab countries......why not give them a nice chunk of land say in the middle of texas.....lots of desert....a little oil left also.....a jewish state like this is akin to the american indians moving into downtown houston and saying well....were back and what are you going to do about...
cept the indians would only be doing it about a 120 years later instead of 2000 years later

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Israelis and the Palestinians can have each other.

Just keep the US out of it. But I guess stability in the region to keep the crude flowing trumps that.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I like the idea of 800 suicide bombers. They should gather all 800 of them up for a great big rally to prepare for all the virgins and what not.

Judging by how many of these fools blow themselves up by accident on a daily basis the whole crew would be blown sky high within an hour anyways.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think a strike of 800 would be pretty effective if you think about it.

It's pretty daunting to have to catch that many.

But this suicide bomber thing is a serious sickness. Would God really want you to blow your self up once or rather to set a bunch of bombs (while NOT dying) if he was really behind you all the way.

I think there is some serious brain damage in these people.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Theese people are not brain damaged....brain washed .....and some of them are fanatical....but you have to ask your self who is behind them...the arabs???
yes....but whos behind them....Global elite!!!!!

top topics

join