It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: How the Government studied the paranormal for use in war on terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Revealed: How the Government studied the paranormal for use in war on terror

www.dailyrecord.co.uk

SECRET documents have revealed the MoD have been studying the paranormal and other unexplained scientific phenomenon for use in the war against terror.

The newly released files show that just after 9/11, the Ministry of Defence conducted a research project into psychics - with the possibility they could be used to locate terrorist cells.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well I must say that th government having this type of experiment and if it actually successful, is a huge breach in our privacy. This also feeds mind control paranoia. The government is starting this research or has been studying this in order to find terrorists, but is that really what they are looking for?

www.dailyrecord.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
With regard to using psychics etc: I can see benefits of using remote viewing and anything other ability to help. I am okay with it, so long as the individual who possesses the ability or abilities 'wants' to help. My concern however is being 'sought out' and then 'forced' to help.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

No kidding. I'm afraid that technology is going to catch up with some of us, and it's going to be like the Inquisition all over again as it dawns on the public that telepathy is real. Scapegoat hell ensues.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Been there done that.

DIA messed around with remote viewing a long time ago. Spectacular results, but somewhat impractical, it was supposedly shut down.

Project Stargate

[edit on 30-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I hope that governments playing this kind of mind game are good at pawn chess, i.e., able to think several moves ahead.

If you think I have dangerous mind powers and can bend others to my will.....do you really want to invite me into your top secret lair?

So, is it your idea to give me total super clearance? Are you sure? Maybe I just put that idea in your head . . . .

You let psychics works as your behind-the-scenes agents, and pretty soon the psychics will be running your government. Wait a minute, what if that's already happened?

More likely though, its just a ploy to freak out arab information gatherers working in the UK. Their society is supposedly more open to the idea of the paranormal, and thus might be freaked out at the idea of the Europeans using powers of the djinn against them. US marines have used "invisible suit" propaganda to convince insurgents that there are unseen US soldiers in their midst....

Psy-ops at work. But not psionics.

all the best.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

It's not though. Both the Soviet Union and the U.S. had programs (see link above) for psychic espionage. It is not inconceivable that they have once again been revived in light or recent events.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Gotta luv it when you hear "supposedly shutdown". I don't believe for one minute that anything has been shutdown. If it works, it will be used. Unofficial, perhaps more like it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Ha! It lives on in several milieus. There is the Web psyop use that lobs RV in with the Illuminati, 2012, New World Order, and UFOs in a bid to bring the world to catharsis, one nut job at a time. There are the fringe groups that grew up in the late nineties that succumbed to cultism. There are the graduates of those late nineties programs who make big bucks "teaching" remote viewing to corporate groups! That's funny as all get out. Some groups are edging clumsily towards scientific respectability, by attempting to statistically validate the effects of remote sensing on random number generators.

But all of that falls flat as a really flat thing when compared to reaching out to someone through the um, ether, and distinctly being heard by them saying "Well hello there." Suddenly the rest of it just becomes silly and then you have to start dealing with the reality of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I agree completely. No arguement with what you say.

And just as assuredly, BOTH sides in the cold war were eager to claim successes, just to keep the rival power off balance and spending money on stuff that no-one-really-knows-what-it-is.

The UK definitely has a history of such derring-do, all the way back to WWII; like claiming that pink paint would prevent german ships from being photographed with infrared film--when it actually made them easier to spot.

All I'm saying is, the release of such recent information (true or not) is in and of itself a propaganda ploy. Not that spoonbending isn't being attempted; just that you won't read about it in the papers for at least several decades.

all the best.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

...like claiming that pink paint would prevent german ships from being photographed with infrared film--when it actually made them easier to spot.

For night operations mountbatten pink is still used by some special forces. Just thought I'd mention that since the first time I saw a spec ops jeep painted pink I thought it was some horrible joke.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it's hard to know exactly whether or not those in these projects take them seriously or use them as mindgames for the enemy. There's a funny/interesting nonfiction book called The Men Who Stare at Goats (you can preview it at google books) that takes a look at some odd psy/psi projects from a journalistic perspective.

What you say about playing on cultural views on the paranormal makes sense, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Don't mind me, I'm just part of the furniture.

Telepathy is real. The government and military know this. Hehe. Thank the precursors of the CIA for investigating "mind control" techniques of yogins. You can do it. I can do it. Everyone can do it. It doesn't even require rigorous training.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

It's not though. Both the Soviet Union and the U.S. had programs (see link above) for psychic espionage. It is not inconceivable that they have once again been revived in light or recent events.

2-3 years ago (I think) I attended a lecture on Remote Viewing given by Russell Targ, formerly of SRI (the Stanford Research institute).

This very subject came up as a question from the audience.

The Professor acknowledged that there was, indeed, a "quasi-official" effort (ie.: nothing explicit on the books) in operation, but that he was not at liberty to discuss any details.

new topics

top topics

join