It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army developing 'synthetic telepathy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Army developing 'synthetic telepathy'

www.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. Army is developing a technology known as synthetic telepathy that would allow someone to create email or voice mail and send it by thought alone. The concept is based on reading electrical activity in the brain using an electroencephalograph, or EEG.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is this a good idea? Soon enough the government will be able to target the masses and who knows what they will tell us. the army using this technic only makes everyone realize how real and how capable we are to reaching this kind of communication. But is this really a good idea for our government to get ahold of?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This would be an OUTSTANDING tool for situational awareness for soldiers! I listened to an audiobook recently, "Old Mans War" by John Scalzi. In his book there are "brain pals" (trademark)
put into every soldier which sound fairly similar. Any time you can increase communication efficiency and accuracy, it's a good thing. Transmitting info directly, brain to brain, has to cut out a lot of misinterpuration. Wow, I should have thought of a word to use that I could spell!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I guess it does have the potential of growing into something more sinister, but I bet in practical battle situations it could be a lifesaver (not for the enemy obviously...).

You can't really stop this sort of tech coming about, it's just the direction we're headed in. More likely that not there will downsides.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
With funding from the army, lots of new technologies have made it into mainstream. And if this one doesn't benefit the war machine, it could be used to help the disabled in many ways. Lets hope it does.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From the Sourced link...

The Army grant to researchers at University of California, Irvine, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Maryland has two objectives. The first is to compose a message using, as D'Zmura puts it, "that little voice in your head."
My Emphasis

While I have been harping on this technology being used on unwitting people in illegal experimentation, the proof that it is a viable Black Ops is all over the place. The only question now is how do we vette all of the TI reports?

The attacker cannot be seen or identified, the attack cannot be stopped, and the psychological damage is enormous. But there is no physical damage, not one single mark is left on the body and there is absolutely no proof that any crime or any violation ever took place! Everything that “happens” to the victim happens inside the victim’s head. What physical evidence is there to give the police? Without physical evidence, how can one photograph the “crime scene” or fingerprint the stalker? There are no footprints leading to or from the scene. Indeed, there is no physical scene at all, and no evidence that an attack ever took place.

Synthetic Telepathy

I have seen an increasing amount of threads on this topic here and elsewhere; this topic is slowly picking up steam. Perhaps soon this will graduate to relevant social issue...as the potential for abuse and the anti-privacy implications (not to mention the socially unacceptable behavior that is provoked by such intrusion) is relevant for all people...not just the supposed schizophrenics and tinfoilers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

greetings, this technology has the potential for both good and bad. the good ,in my opinion is that putting a sensitive monitor in the doorway to a business will give an alarm if a person is aiming to rob the place. But the bad is tht the same technology could be used for a form of mind control, so lets hope that the advertising people don't get hold of this. thanks for an enlightening post. singed quekinat.

top topics

join