It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAND Corp urges war with superpower to grow economy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

RAND Corp urges war with superpower to grow economy

www.infowars.com

RAND urges US to start war with Russia, China, Iran, Japan, or North Korea to jump start the US economy and keep it from falling into depression during this financial crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I do not read chinese so I cannot translate the two sources at the bottom of the page. That being said if this article is accurate it is very troubling. RAND is a very highly regarded right-wing think tank with deep connections to the Pentagon and Military/Industrial Complex. If they think this is a good way to jump start the economy then we are in a heap of trouble with a new President about to be appointed/elected.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Doesn't RAND mean research and development? Anyway, I am curious. Did RAND have this or a similar urgeurge in the months leading up to 9/11, 2001?

And how does Infowars know this, anyway? I would think this would be highly classified.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Apparently the documents are at those adresses... but I can't reach them, the pages won't load...

Here

Is it the RAND website that is down or do I have a problem with my internet connection?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wonder if war does boost the economy?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why japan too? We already have bases there, and japan army is very very small compare what we have on their land atm also. So that war last what a week?
so japan is ruled out. wouldnt be big enough war for RAND

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
War with Japan? What a joke, that wouldn't Jump start anything. The JDF wouldn't make for very good enemies and the loss of Japanese technology and trade would hurt big time more than any economic 'Jump Start'.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Popped the first paragraph in the o'l online translator... and here is what it spit out:

According to the French media disclosed that, the American famous wisdom storehouse organization Rand Corporation has submitted an appraisal report to Department of Defense, appraised starts a war to pass the burden the present economic crisis the feasibility.The report believed that, rescues the city with 700,000,000,000 US dollars the effect, was very possibly inferior starts with 700,000,000,000 US dollars the war, but the war object and formerly was different to Iraq or Afghanistan, possibly was some great nation.

Almost gives ya a migraine to read it... automatic translation and such...

but at least we have a lead as far as determining how the story broke... French Media...

As painful as the translater is, I'll try and translate more and see if anything interesting pops up...

oh my online translator is
www2.worldlingo.com... Please let me know if you have a better one LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i dont doubt this at all, but i would really like to see the French news article that started this whole thing

it is interesting though that on the chinese websites they listed as sources, the main page is actually this story, which means a large mainstream chinese media website is running this story on their front page.

i have always disliked Rand corp, and this sounds exactly like the type of plan the NWO would want to hear from its top officials.

still ill be looking for the french news article unless someone else can find it first

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is only one problem with Rand's suggestion, America would get its ass wupped. Not on some foreign field but on its home turf. I'm certain that most Americans dont want to go up in a puff of smoke just for the perps who run the show.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I strongly disagree with you on that, but if i throw my 2 cents in. This would turn into a flaming thread and etc.
so, my guess be iran. But, there is a slight chance for china

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So the RAND Corp should be taken out of business, and arrested, and detained by ATF for making terrorist threats.

Only a dumb ass company would think that WAR would boost the economy. Does the RAND Corp think we have unlimited soldiers? Unlimited lives to spare? How would killing people, and risking soldiers lives boost an economy?

The RAND Corp must be on drugs. It's the only explanation I can think of.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
References:

Skelton wants RAND War Report Released Feb. 2008 (From Military.com)
Article here

Another from Defense News RAND Study Oct 16

And...from RAND themselves....this is the study itself in PDF format - (GOOGLE is your friend)
RAND Study 2008

Happy reading.

Try googling "RAND war"

RAND does not say explicitly that war fuels the economy or any such thing. They do make recommendations for cutting COSTS and reorganizing the strategy (ies) in the middle east.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

so you dont think during the great depression corporate american interest werent looking at germany seeing the rise of hitler as a good thing because if a World War broke out it would create hundreds of thousands of jobs in machine industries and food industries.

i mean just look at Standard Oil, an american company that supplied the german army with fuel crucial for them to be able to fight.

war=profit for a ton of sectors of industry.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Nice
thanks for the links

I was doing it the hard way
looking for the story in the french media lol

Shortest distance between two points appears to be google lol

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I used google to translate the Chinesse sites, only found the one article referenced here. Alot of rambling, and the only source mentioned is "French Media". I translated 3 French newspapers, and found zero mention of this anywhere.

Until I see something otherwise, this is the Chinesse being the Chinesse and Alex being Alex.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

First off they would never declare war, just some type of police action. If you declare war you can not help both sides fight each other. And if you think wars are not profitable just look at the stock market post 9/11. People made loads of money in stocks and anything related to security. Hell thousands of people got jobs checking my bags at the airport, walking around looking busy, just generally being useless. Home Land Defense has a 200 billion annual budget, prior to 9/11 there was no Home Land defense.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

First off, I don't give a crap about the past. If we keep comparing things to the past, we will never move on. It's 2008, almost 2009, it's about time war became obsolete, or a very final option.

I can't believe any one company is allowed to have such influence on the military. How could ANYONE suggest war??? Suggesting war is pretty much suggesting for people to DIE! Including your own soldiers, not just the enemy.

The economy, MONEY, and all the B.S. is NOT WORTH HUMAN LIVES.

RAND Corp must be full of heartless evil druggies, I can't believe they are requesting the death of thousands of people, for the economy, and money. Holy crap that is lower than low.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE ECONOMY WHEN EVERYONE IS DEAD??!!

The RAND Corp must be full of insane coke addicts!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There are even more reports and studies they've done on their website. Decades worth of war-watching and making studies of Human capital in the middle East (among other countries).

It's all good reading, but sorry they don't advocate war to increase North American Profits anywhere that I have seen thus far (been skimming the docus).

RAND Publications

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Strange, never heard such a group calling for all out war.... isnt this stuff meant to be kept hush hush?

RAND = RAND was set up in 1946 by the United States Army Air Forces as Project RAND

Previous members include:

Donald Rumsfeld — Chairman of Board from 1981–1986; 1995-1996 and Secretary of Defense for the United States from 1975 to 1977 and 2001 to 2006.

Condoleezza Rice — former trustee 1991–1997 and current Secretary of State for the United States (as of May 2006), former intern

Lewis "Scooter" Libby — Dick Cheney's former Chief of Staff

Henry Kissinger— US Secretary of State (1973-1977); National Security Advisor (1969-1975); Nobel Peace Prize Winner (1973)

But I mean, who are they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join