It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has lost their job here on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My job of 3.5 years ended last Friday. I wasn't too happy with who I was working for though, and it's the push I needed to find something more fulfilling.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My hours have been cut along with 16 others.I probably will not have a job at all soon.I used to get overtime when i wanted it.I am calling in a few minutes to have my internet and phone service canceled.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The only reason 16 of us are having our hours cut is because of what department we work in.It has nothing to do with our experience or quyalifications.The only product selling well is mosaic tile and we just happen not to be involved in that part of the business.I monitored the quality in the other part of the factory.It was a difficult position because management wants to package inferior quality and send it out the door.Before they cut hours,I knew something was up when they were suddenly less worried about numbers and more about quality.They would shut down to make adjustments for long periods of time.It was not long ago that I was being told to put the inferior quality stuff on the bottom of the pallet._The stuff I said should be thrown away.there was never a way for me to keep both the customer and management happy so i would simply throw some away when no one was looking.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by ethann]

[edit on 31-10-2008 by ethann]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

They feel entitled to riches, and unquestioning freedom to conduct their businesses as they want to; with no obligation to anyone other than those legally bound to profit from the enterprise.

The thing of it is that most rich folk have never felt a pang of hunger, nor have they bolted straight up in the middle of the night from a fitful sleep to wonder in the dark for the next few hours how they're going to feed the kids the next day, nor have they sat at the kitchen table with their spouses trying to balance a budget on one income because the other just got 'downsized' or 'outsourced'.

So, they clip along in their zippity doo dah lives without really knowing how it feels, nor will they ever really care because the thought will probably never cross their minds.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I thought it would be interesting to ask the members here on ATS how many have lost their jobs recently due to our ailing economy. Also, who they will vote for next week and how it relates to them.

Not only have I not lost my job, but I got a promotion and sizeable raise on wednesday. I'm still undecided for tuesday, although I'm 90% sure my vote won't go to Obama. I'm torn between a McCain vote (really an anti-Obama vote) or voting third party. I live in PA which is pretty likely to go for Obama so I'm thinking my vote doesn't even really matter.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think the company i work for will die off,The weakest will die.What I hate is that people like me have no input.It has always been that way every place i worked.I have even been told at one company how they value your input,but not once would they spend a few minutes to even talk with me.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not yet - but once Obama gets in and cuts all that defense and future combat systems spending ... we will definately be out of work.

Then again - we may not even have a country left when he gets done disarming us. So being jobless may be the least of our problems.

I agree completely. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Star for you~

so let me get this striaght...obama has said that one of his major jobs growth iniatitives is to give a 3k tax break to any corporation that hires an amercian worker....and according to you "we will definately be out of work???? and he is going to disarm us?? so what he has said for months and months and the amount of prominant republicans coming out and saying they agree with his leadership capabilities...this is all wrong to you and everybody is lying, and only you know the "real truth"?????

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I was terminated as of monday. Along with all the rest of the company drivers. The company is now hiring owner operators and leasing their trucks to non-company personel. They eliminate the need to pay for our insurance and our pention plan is now in the toilet. I had just under 5 years in the company so I am not vested in this plan now. Between the high Diesel costs and and the rise in insurance costs as well as the high corporate taxes in this state this saves the bottom line for the company lots of mulah. 12 of us are out of work.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well I officially retired back in 04
I owned my own business and sold it outright... glad I did too...

When I retired I had 22 employees. I was bought out by a larger company who had 207 including my own. they in turn were bought out in 06 by an even larger company taking the employees to just over two thousand... that company went bankrupt last month and now none of those folks have a job...

yes in retrospect I consider myself damn lucky!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join