It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berg to file Emergency Ruling with Surpreme Court

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmmm... I wonder if MSM is sitting on this information, waiting until just after he gets in office, if he does win, to release it then?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

How does what you posted conflict with what I said . . . maybe you should brush up?

I said that by being a Senator he has already attained a position that looks to Citizen status . . . while the requirements are different, this issue would already be known in his current position. Thus, if there were questions the GOP would have outed him long ago.

I did not state that the requirements were the same . . . only that both positions look to citizenship. If it was known that SENATOR Obama was not a natural citizen . . . he would never have been allowed to advance/run for president . . . as it would have been known (through the senatorial election process) what his status was.

FOR YOUR RE-READING PLEASURE

He would have to meet requirements that call citizenship into question already . . . so, it would be on record what his status was. IF he was not a natural citizen and only a senator through the "naturalization" process . . . this would be brought up, as soon as he announced his candidacy.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

It is hard to believe but no government agency actually check the birth certificate. It is left up to the party that has nominated him. It is really a bad system, but that is the way it works......Check out the article below and you will see how out of wack our system has become.

www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
I said that by being a Senator he has already attained a position that looks to Citizen status . . . while the requirements are different, this issue would already be known in his current position. Thus, if there were questions the GOP would have outed him long ago.

I did not state that the requirements were the same . . . only that both positions look to citizenship. If it was known that SENATOR Obama was not a natural citizen . . . he would never have been allowed to advance/run for president . . . as it would have been known (through the senatorial election process) what his status was.

A) We don't know that his status was initially checked when he entered Congress.
B) IF they did look into it when he entered Congress, why would they go any further than finding out if he was a citizen. They would have no need to look deeper in order to find out if Obama was a natural born citizen since that is NOT a requirement for the Senate.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No matter how many times I look at a object, then close my eyes and say that it doesn't exist . . . when I open my eyes it's still there. SO . . . keep up the semantics . . . it doesn't change the fact that this is a non-issue prodded by partisan propaganda.

I was born in Arizona and my "Birth Certificate" says it's actually a "Certificate of Birth" . . . does that mean I'm not a citizen of this country? Not every states "BC's" say and look the same . . . comprehend?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
I was born in Arizona and my "Birth Certificate" says it's actually a "Certificate of Birth" . . . does that mean I'm not a citizen of this country? Not every states "BC's" say and look the same . . . comprehend?

I guess you don't understand that those are two different documents. A 'certificate of live birth' and a 'birth certificate' are two different documents. It's like saying a States drivers license is the same as a States ID card. They might look similar but they are two different documents.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't know . . . to me, if he hasn't provided "proof" to someone or government agency that clarifies this issue. I would tend to believe this would be a major issue before he was able to advance this far, in the process.

Are you telling me that Hillary wouldn't have used this, if true? McCain/Palin camp wouldn't be harping on this at every rally? They have no problem with thinnly veiled references to him being Muslim or in line with terrorists . . . why would his citizenship be taboo?

The reason why this isn't going anywhere . . . is because there is no where to go with it. It's a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just checked my wife's birth certificate. Nowhere on that certificate is her religion listed. We have just the basics. Mother, father, sex of child, race of child, race of parents and child. It also has a raised seal that you can feel and read. Of course this is a copy that was obtained in 1972 when my wife would have been 17.
I don't see the problem. If there is nothing to hide then why won't he open up his thesis from Columbia? WHy can't we see his transcripts from Harvard. If he was truly in the top 10 of his class why wouldn't he want us to see. Hell, Bush was just a "C" student, and he let us see.
Something's not right about this.
The brownshirts are coming. How long before we see an SS formed.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You know, I have to agree with the logic.

How could he have come thus far, without having proven he was a citizen?

If that is the case, why is there no official government agency or official, willing to simply state - "I've seen it?".

When he ran for Senate, did this not come up? Someone was supposed to have certified his citizenship then, no? Who was that? Where is that person, so we can put an end to this political sideshow and get on with more mundane issues like ideology, diplomatic plans, etc.?

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The only ones that actually check the background of any candidate is the party to which he is affiliated. So the blame goes to the Democrats this time. Then again, Obama came from the most politically corrupt machine in the US of A.......Chicago. Go figure

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just wondering if you guys are confusing citizen with, being born in the US? Schwarzenegger is not eligible to be president. He is a citizen but not natural born.

Congress only requires citizenship. (I think.. I could be wrong)

I do find it hard to believe he got this far in the presidential campaign however without serious background checks. Remember recently that they were obtaining security clearances for both candidates to speed up the process of taking over the POTUS. If there were any serious flaws I would expect it to come out with that.

Of course if they did find something it would be pretty embarrassing to admit it at this point to.

Anyways, I say avoid the whole thing and vote 3rd Party

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I see all the usual suspects have come out with the ad homs, and basically making whole posts without saying anything.

Just like the Berg case, apparently, providing no evidence and ignoring already provided evidence.

In Internet terms, we call that a fail boat.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
While I agree that he should just show the documents and get it over with, the lawsuits are getting old.

One question, though. I've looked and looked, but have been unable to find any government agency that verifies the credentials of a person running for the office of President. Has anyone else??

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Bergs law suite may have merit that he has not even realized.He is so worried about citizenship.I wonder if he has given thought to when Obama was adopted by Lolo Sorento.
His name would have been legally changed to Sorento
Unless he has petioned the court for a legal name change back to Obama,he has commited FRAUD upon the people.Holding a Senate seat and running for President under an assumed name.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Are you serious? Not only is it not automatic to change names to the adoptive parents, but nowadays, most advise against it. Any adoption Obama went through would have been his mom's choice, whether or not, to change his name.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Are you positive about this? Times were different in the 60's.What would have been the point of Sorento adopting,if not to claim him as his son?He could have just as easily not adopted him and just passed him of as his son. Or introduced him as his wife's son

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Sixties or not, it would have still been his mom's decision. Unless you can provide evidence that it even was changed, you're just throwing a red herring.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Grasp a little more for straws. If you think it's true, why don't you research it? It's a little more effective than speculation.

Refer to my previous picture.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I have tried to research his adoption,alas I cannot read Indonesian.I fear that by the time I learn it,Indonesia will be the 51st state. Then they will have to learn Spanish like the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

In that case, let the course play out, and quit pretending like you have some sort of evidence that you don't. You obviously have no valid reason to believe any of what you are saying, so why spread it over a board?

There's already enough BS out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join