It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinley Park UFO - Calling all the UFO debunker's out - Debunk this one!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by LordThumbs
Dan aykroyd is a certified field investigator for mufon,

How does one become "Certified" in the field of UFOlogy?

If you wanna be certified, I know photoshop really well

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

By reciting the MUFON pledge (and paying a few bucks)?

Only members of MUFON, Inc. can become certified Field Investigators. Certification can be obtained by purchasing the 'Field Investigator's Manual' and completing the comprehensive study program.

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We live in Frankfort, IL, perhaps a 10 minute ride from Tinley Park. As for debunkers - well, the old flares on balloons excuse is so worn out its laughable.

While I can't speak for all, folks around here are normal, hard-working people, not known for running amok with their imaginations. The plane patterns are predictable and well recognized and not likely to be mistaken for a UFO.

While the skies are busy, planes are high enough - we are about 50 or more miles from O'Hare and planes follow predictable landing patterns. As for flares and balloons - I'm still laughing about that idea.

Debunkers are just that - people with closed minds that are not open to even possibility of something strange in the skies and should probably be rated on the same level as those who believe the world is flat.

This also brings to mind the lights over Phoenix. I grew up spending the summers in Phoenix and know South Mountain well - and that too was debunked and of course the old flare/balloon excuses were made there as well.

At least a more creative explanation is warranted by now since balloons have been the explanation since 1947! I guess debunkers are so afraid of having their reality challenged they will put forth the most absurd explanation so they don't have to have look at anything outside their tight, perfect little world.

I've lived out here for 22 years - no weird military craft, no low flying commercial planes, occasional helecoptors that make lots of noise and some local planes which can be clearly seen for what they are. These people clearly saw something. I'm watching the show again, and it seems to me they saw something - only sorry I missed it.

Until I do, I will at least keep an open mind. And if I never see anything at all, I will at least keep an open mind. The old adage applies - the mind is like a parachute. It only works when its open!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Hi LordThumbs,

Your question about them being defective is valid, on one occasion it was a little too windy when an astronomer friend of mine and myself let one off. The wind caught it and turned it over causing the flame to catch the paper and give off smoke, the whole thing did not catch fire however, it righted itself and was took out to sea. A helicopter went past it and it looked like the helicopter was about to be abducted!

When my UFO Fleet got into the newspapers I realised just how easy it was to be fooled even if you are a proffesional observer; if I had seen them while in my observatory, my faith would have temporarily been shaken!

Lights in the sky are just that, I'm afraid I require a bit more evidence having created very believable UFO flaps myself!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well the video itself is what it is . Its a video of an unexplained object or objects, visible due to its/thier giving off light at three points. You cant debunk that, or deny it. Its factual.
However, once you get past that , it becomes quite tricky . For instance, we cant even be absolutely certain wether or not the object , is one object , or three in formation.
We cannot tell if these objects/object are/is being sentiently controled, if it has a solid or permeable surface, of what material it might be made. We have simlpy too little information at this point , to make any certain judgement other than "We dont know, what the hell that was" .
We can say a bunch of things that it isnt . Its not a plane, that much is obvious because the video contains a segment where a plane passes through the shot . Its not a flock of birds, and its not three dirigibles.
It might concievabley be a group of flares of some nature but to be honest it didnt look like that to me , and my dad used to test those for a living , like five miles from my house, so I have a bit of expirience of that sort of thing.
IF it is a large (1,500 foot) object in the sky , then wow. In that case , lets have some radar images from the night and time index in question, lets have the captain and co pilot of the plane that passed the shot , explain any interesting moments in the cockpit , for instance "HOLY MOTHER OF FRANKENSTIEN GET THE HELL TO STARBOARD !!!" or something like that... did they see it ? Did radar, and national defense systems pick NOTHING up ? Are there any other sightings of the same craft at the same time , from different ends of town?
You would have thought that THOUSANDS of people would see something like that , and more than just a few would think to film it .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is just my opinion.

They showed videos of similar lights from around world happening around the same time. I though that was interesting but not for the reasons you may think.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that there is international groups of well organized hoaxers. I think they may plan events like this for many reasons.

Maybe they think its funny, maybe as art, maybe they are just bored, or maybe its a compeition of some sort. Prehaps competing to make more complex forms and shapes, and or to get the most news coverage. You could easliy build a rig of some sort if you had a little money and a lot of time.

What makes me come to this conclusion?

Well, I'm sure we are all familiar with the huge amount of CROP CIRCLES that sprung up int the UK in the last 20 years. In the beginning there was all sort of speculation on what they were.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by LordThumbs
Dan aykroyd is a certified field investigator for mufon,

How does one become "Certified" in the field of UFOlogy?

If you wanna be certified, I know photoshop really well

oops did i say certified,

i ment to say he is highly invovled, cause we all know there is no actual field of study that certifies you as a UFOLOGIST. *sigh* sheesh,

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I met Sam nice human being he is.

He has devoted a lot of time and used many experts in the field and I guess you would have to see and hear his presentation yourself to know this is a very interesting incident.

There are so many truths right here at ATS about aliens and ufo's but between the skeptics and the hoaxers, THE REAL STUFF IS IGNORED.

I know I chuckle when someone writes, why would they come several million miles just to........... well, they don't have to come several hundred million miles they are HERE people....in mass.

But what do I know

[edit on 26-11-2008 by observe50]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Tinley park sighting is very similar to one I had on February 16, 1995, at 9:30 pm. I lived in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio, Lyndhurst. A local county airport is several miles to the east and we are very familar with the sounds of jets and prop planes on their approach. Cleveland Hopkins airport to the west also shares approach space above our home, although planes there are at least out at 5000 feet or more. As I watched TV, I heard the familiar roar of a jet. The roar got louder and louder and then seemed to envelope the home. Alarmed, I looked out a window facing west. At 40 degrees I saw three strobing star like light in the shape of an elongated traingle. When the base lights blinked, the high light was out and visa versa. I opened the window and the roaring sound was coming from the direction of the lights. There was a gray overcast sky that night but I could not make out any shape or outline, even through binoculars. My wife also observed the lights. They were stationary and at arms length spand eight inches from one light to the other. I didn't have a video camera or film loaded in my still camera, and frankly I could not take my eyes off of it. It began to move extremely slow to the west as I watched, which was a total of ten minutes. Just before I lost sight of it behind the roof tops, it rotated slightly to the right. I called all the local airports and none of them had anything on radar. I called the FAA the next day with my report. They said another man called from Huron Ohio, due west of me, to report a terrific roaring jet or aircraft of somekind had shattered his windows. I reported this on the NUFROC site and discovered that on the same night, Michigan residents on a line west of me also saw strobbing lights, there were two reports I think. The brilliance of the strobs was like aircraft quality, but the roar was nearly deafening. No reports made it to the papers, no doubt due to the cold weather with no one out or looking up.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I happen to believe in extraterrestrial life and other planets that support it. I also tend to believe that we're being visited by some sort of craft either extraterrestrial or perhaps even our own descendants far in the future who've learned how to reverse the dimension of Time. THus, I'm not here as a debunker or skeptic.

A couple of practical questions that have nagged at me:

1. What would be the purpose of lights on extraterrestrial craft? Earth craft have them for purposes of safety, identification, and due to mandated regulations. But for extraterrestrials what would the purpose be?

2. Have any UFO investrigators been able to refine the pixellation of UFO photographs or videos, such as the Tinley Park lights, to a degree that has allowed for sharper images and identification of just what is being seen? Any results, if so?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The History Channel usually has such good content, but this UFO Hunters thing is absurd. I'm sure there's nothing that I can say that hasn't been said in this thread, but I'm not about to read the whole "yes it's true" and "no it's not" exchange.

The video of those lights is very interesting, but clearly the "UFO Hunters" don't want to debunk these sightings. On the contrary, they are trying to play it up in order to get you hooked and watching more.

Their "science" is absurd. They actually tried to estimate the size and distance of the "object(s)" by reference of some helicopter, but nobody knows the relative distance of the objects. Heck, they don't even know which is really in front of which. They have NO CLUE about the size or distance of the object, ONLY the angle in the sky. Did you see the one guy (Ted, maybe?) take his hands and say something like "Oh, it's about this far apart, and therefore it has to be like 1500 feet in size?" That's absolutely ridiculous. If you buy his estimate based on NOTHING, then you are just itching to believe!

It also seems like all of the observations were from one direction (west), so they can't accurately triangulate the location (therefore distance) of the object. Why not find people from each direction who saw the lights so they could get a better distance/direction? If they had 200 witnesses but none were more than 10 degrees in the sky, then that would say to me that the object was VERY low in the sky (relatively). Did they look into that?

Also, no mention of plotting the lights as they went throught the sky. Did it tumble or just spin? They could easily plot those and do a fast time lapse. Then you would see the object flying through the sky.

So some pilot doesn't want to be laughed at and picked on because he saw some unknown lights? That is perfectly understandable. Pilots never want to see flaky, so of course they would worry for their job. That is NOT evidence.

Oh, and their "test" flight? Absurd. Get MythBusters out there, and they'll build something that's really close to what was seen.

And the idea that the government would cover up evidence of UFOs is silly. Civil servants are just as interested in the truth as any of us... and the government isn't good enough at keeping secrets. The theories of government conspiracy give the government way WAY too much credit.

The bottom line is that if the UFO Hunters DID explain this phenomenon, then they would pretty much chase away their loyal audience of crazies.

Happy UFO hunting! Also, please keep an eye out for the Easter Bunny. The History Channel is now HISTORY for me!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

IMdb.com

Even the former leader of your United States of America, James Earl Carter Jr., thought he saw a UFO once... But it's been proven he only saw the planet Venus. Venus was at its peak brilliance last night. You probably thought you saw something up in the sky other than Venus, but I assure you, it was Venus. Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two-dimensional retinal images into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. Yet you somehow brazenly declare seeing is believing? Your scientific illiteracy makes me shudder, and I wouldn't flaunt your ignorance by telling anyone that you saw anything last night other than the planet Venus. Some alien encounters are hoaxes perpetrated by your government to manipulate the public. Some of these hoaxes are intentionally revealed to manipulate the truth-seekers who become discredited if they disclose the deliberately absurd deception. You're feeling very sleepy, very... relaxed.

IMdb.com

[Mod Edit : link and ex tags]

[edit on 26/12/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
More info on the August/October sightings.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join