It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to create a Civilian National Security Force. Why???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry, all I get from that statement (couldn't see the video) was that Obama wants to encourage civilians to be involved in maintaining the security of the nation and the people.

I think people are again distorting things to force their own agenda. Things are easily taken out of context, and warped and twisted to suit something they want to use to scare people.

Ultimately, you don't know until it happens. Then do something about it.

I'd still choose Obama and hope for change, than choose McCain and know that nothing is going to change.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Sorry, all I get from that statement (couldn't see the video) was that Obama wants to encourage civilians to be involved in maintaining the security of the nation and the people.

We already have the power to secure our states, through our police forces, which are locally and statewide controlled. The Posse Comitatus Act strictly limits the powers of the federal government to use the military to enforce civilian peace, for very good reason!

One of the first things Hitler did was to create his own "civilian security force".

There is no need nor desire for a Civilian National Security Force. No sane, legal need.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Ignore the fear!? Is ignorance really bliss? Have you even thought about the ramifications if this is what it appears to be?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Couple of things

Civilian Security Force - Do a search on this term and see what comes up

Most of it is militia based, in war torn countries and dictatorships

Just as powerful and just as strong as the military? US military is the strongest in the world, so he wants to match that power with civilians?

Just as well funded? So how many billions is the Military budget or is it trillions?

So "volunteers" are going to go around as well equiped and trained as the military, but they are just volunteers?

So the well funded part....

How or who will pay for this exactly, especially in this economic nightmare the US and the World is in.

You wonder why people are worried. So sure go ahead and keep your eyes shut and have that glass of milk or better yet have a coke and a smile and STFU.

This is a conspiracy site is it not?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

Nice user name, you nailed it. Just like the Wiemar Republic. Nailed it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I know a way to do this without raising taxes or the governement spending ANY new money.

Put the guns in the hands of the people!! No new taxes. Money into the economy. Give the power to the people who will protect their kids and their own communities.

But of course that kind of puts a BIG wrench into Obama's take over plan.

(If this kind of post has already been posted, sorry. I didn't read all the pages.)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Here's the link in it's entirety...www.youtube.com...

I'd challenge anyone to listen to it. It's not frightening when heard in its original context as opposed to what certain members of the media would like to distribute.
Does it scare me? No, because I know the context in which it was spoken- unlike so many others- apparently. I would challenge you to do the same.

It is from a Call to Service speech given on July 2, 2008 on Colorado Springs, Co. This link is mid way through, but I would recommend listening to the entire 26 minutes.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

THANKS for the post!

After reading through campaign policy papers and transcripts on this subject the following is evident...The reference to a civilian national security force was stated by Obama: even if the paragraph was edited out of transcripts printed by certain papers. The context was clearly one of listing proposals, including something specific (CNSF), and not merely using broad language to summarize prior proposals. The language of the paragraph bears little relationship to the specifics of detailed campaign proposals re: Universal Voluntary Public Service (where the breadth of the programs and funding/incentives proposed by the campaign suggest a broad-based move to employ supporters of the new regime in the role of organizing in groups that will be run by Obama cadres). The strategy is similar to his Public Allies initiative in 1992. See www.ibdeditorials.com...

It is curious, in light of his statements on foreign policy, to see the Obama camp advocating to expand the number of persons under arms in the military and national guard. A campaign document also challenged why:”We do not have a single combat brigade at home in reserve, ready for an unexpected crisis. Our National Guard and Reserves have only half the equipment levels they need, hampering their ability to respond to crises, foreign and domestic.” Even so, his description of the CNSF draws a distinction with the “military.” The rest of the statement could include his proposed “Homeland Security Corps” of emergency first-responders, but his references to the CNSF being “just as powerful” and as well-funded as the “military” indicate that the vague proposal is for something far broader in scope - and, as yet, lacking in specifics.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I didn't hear about this until the day after the election, when a friend of mine showed up at my door so angry that he hadn't slept during the previous night. That Wednesday also broke a few records for gun sales around here; Obama wants the Gestapo in America, and from the looks of it, more than a few people are getting ready to fight.
When I was in line at Wal-Mart two days ago, everyone, including the cashier, was talking about civil war and the civillian army plan. Everyone in this line also happened to be buying ammunition, which can be interpreted as a bad sign.
If I'm to judge the future based on current events, this is going to get ugly. Maybe not right away, but before the next four years are up. And as for myself, I'm just going to be sure that my family and I are ready if things get as bad as they appear.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.eyeblast.tv...

Pretty good info here.

From the source:

"If anyone really believes that 18 year old college students with three months of kinda-bull#ty "civilian defense sleepaway camp" are going to be shoring up the levies the next time the Mississippi overflows its banks, I've got a collapsed bridge to sell you. What they're going to be doing is what they're always doing -- showing up late and getting in the way, smoking pot and trying to get laid."

Maybe this guy is what Obama has in mind. He's just looking for some change. And some hands to cut off.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The FACT that BO wants to create a

'National Sercurity Force

Is simply scary

Anyone who has viewed history can see that this is not good...

A civil sercurity force...

This is not a new idea, in Nazi Germany, this was active... It was called the SA

It was the ruthless apendiage of Hitlers master plan...

I can only hope that Obama is a benine entity, and not someone who is going to further the demise of the American spirete.

This idea of the

"National Sercurity Force, is very scary indeed.

In my years at ATS, no subject, or idea that a prominete policial figure har presented, scares me more then this...

A civilain National sercurity force

What is this....

if you are to look at historical evidence of this,..

In recent terms, this is Saddams Repubican Guard... Chavezs Guard, Castros Guard...

This kind of talk is not something to dismiss

Even if you are the most enthustiactic Obama Supporter, you have to see that this is insane...

Even in ANCIENT historical archives... This is seen

Is the Days of the Roman Empire, there was an elite sercurity force.

The Pretorians...

This simple guard is the equlivent of the SA of Nazi Germany, and behind the ideals of this Obama 'Civil Serciruty Force'

This is not something that we want in this country

This is the evil that we feared still existed...

We, As the United Stated of America, A Constitutional Republic, are on the verge of something that will be remembered in history for thousands of years...

The evidence is in front of us, and yet people are so programed thru the media-programing, that they cannot even use their oen minds anymore

We are in an age, not of reason, but of emotional reasoning, which is inherenly unsound...

We are in an age which period of history can compare...

What will happen, its not up to me, but to a few people in high posistions...

We are in the Darkest of Days in the American/Western world.

Now, more then ever, we must be on our highest guard...

This idea of an Obama National Sercurity force is very scary..

And anyone that does not reconginse that needs their head checked

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

You bring up other examples: Cuba and Venezuela. No doubt this is where Obama is getting his ideas from.

We must all of us watch these developments carefully. And do what we can if our worst fears are being realized.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Obama doesn't get his Ideals from Hugo Chavez or the Castros

Chavez and Castro get their ideals from the same place as Obama.

From a teacher/philisoipher from many years ago...

Bill Ayers also has been in Cuba, where he worked with the Guard of Cuba, in the 'Vinciramos Bergiade' a Volutener military group in Cuba.

And, Chavez/Venezula owned companies made the electronic voting machines

www.youtube.com...

Heres the radio interview. Its 4 parts. about 10 mins each, its the only media outlet to talk about ANYthing.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I listened to the entire interview. That guy "Jose" was very knowledgeable, imo. I encourage everybody to listen to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The people of this country need to understand that their country is being taking over by very powerful men/women. When people start realizing this in the mass's, we will see a revolution. A revolution that will dwarf the last one. To win this revolution, we will need a coup of highly reconized officers of this country. The most important of these people are the generals. A revolution, including part of our armed forces would be most effective. Large numbers of people with weapons, strategically put in place, and armed forces helping takover vital parts of this country. Can you say Jericho?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Jamiethegreat]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We are talking about this as perplexing and scary not because it is about a group helping out after a disater or aiding other nations. I see it as questionable because this is a group not under military control or scrutiny but a "private army" under who, Obama, Selected Democrats? To enforce what again, our National Security? I thought that was a job for the military. Just how can you increase numbers of enlisted military as he stated and better outfit/equip them by cutting military spending. Now at the same time create this private police force which is just as well funded and equipped? Please explain? Try not to use the word Hope.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

YUP.

All the easier to make certain that every living serf and slave under his thumb obeys his Draconion edicts and commands . . . particularly in terms of

--giving their hard earned incomes and property to those too gifted at losing and sucking up at the public trough . . .

--make certain that the gestapo of the global government has sufficient manpower to haul folks off to the new death camps and to

--make certain that there's plenty of manpower to help reduce the global population to 200 million by insuring that every patriotic American has an early chance to be terminated by such an army of hypnotized children, supplicants, worshippers of the new Pied Piper.

. . . on and on it goes . . .

[edit on 22/1/2009 by BO XIAN]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I believe this is what you're referring to jsobecky.

For Stimulus, Is Obama Mulling Creating a New Conservation Corps?

Which looks very similar to F.D.R.'s brain-child from 1933.

Civilian Conservation Corps

TKZ, I don't know what happened to you. You disappeared.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Think this is obamas way around a draft?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join