It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to create a Civilian National Security Force. Why???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

You think a "voluntary" group of americans will carry out acts that our armed forces wouldn't? I'm all for conspiracy theories but that's just unrealistic paranoia.
"Excuse me, Mr. Jones... We would like you to go arrest those soldiers who refuse to carry out our illegal order to imprison your wife and child...
By the way, while your doing that please round up all your neighbors weapons illegally for us."

Never in a billion years would that happen...
"Y'all" need to chill...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

I believe if they were brainwashed into thinking what they are doing is right you could see this very thing happen. One thing I have learned about this election is that our species is indeed a gullible breed. Just look at how we fight over these two candidates when about 75% of the supporters haven't the foggiest idea why they are supporting them. We have a local forum in my town and I have not had one single poster on it tell me one of Obama's policies. When asked why they support him and will vote for him the answer is always "I don't have to answer to you" or "you're just a racist". So, I can totally see this happening if that is indeed the intentions of it.

Think about it. How many Obama supporters do you know or have seen post on ATS that would be more than happy to round up or hurt McCain supporters and vice verse. I get verbally assaulted everyday for trying to point out the man's ideas to these people and never once get a rational response. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of the people that post on our local forum have the intelligence of a slug.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

I hate to admit it but you could actually be right.
Look at all the people who refuse to even look at any evidence that 911 was BS.
They are so blinded by what they think is patriotism, that they will defend a war based on lies without question, because Feurer Bush tells them it makes them patriots.
I stand corrected, very good point.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

And that's what scares me.That it's a possibility. It isn't who wins and becomes president. It's what we have and will become from us being so divided. I see families and friends ready to turn on each other and have watched people have to be broken up before their "discussions" turned violent. We as a nation are ready to hurt each other over two candidates for president and both will screw us the first chance they get. What is wrong with us?

Getting people to follow along if this CNSF gets put in place will be the easy part. One only need look at some of the dumb asses through out our history. Jim Jones found people foolish enough to drink the kool-aid. Those people that killed themselves because their cult leader said that they would transverse to the mother ship but they had to leave their human form or some crap. Look at Waco and the fools that followed David Koresh(sp.?)

Getting civilians to round up their friends and neighbors will not be that hard to do. You just have to give them the right reason to do it. Call them terrorist or unpatriotic or tell them that the people do not want to see America become great again. You will find people foolish enough I guarantee you that.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I will not vote for Obama but I viewed the vid and what I think he was referring to was a Diplomatic corp. It's still a tax and spend idea, trying to buy off the enemies and that won't work, never has.

Roper

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have never seen a wimpier lot of suggestions. You guys are sitting here speculating about what Obama's plans are (without checking them out, of course) and you've come up with the idea that he's going to use illegal aliens to man this force and take over the country!

I've never said or implied this before but loosen the screws on your tin hats, you guys!! Eat something! Exercise and get some sun! That manufactured, self-inflicted fear you're creating is going to do you more harm than good.

I would hate to be living under a cloud of fear and suspicion like you apparently are. Take a break - take care of yourselves... drink some milk or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What I really like is his, "Are they really that stupid?", look at the end. Hard to believe that anybody with an independent ability to make decisions can't see him for what he is. Why?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is true. They have not named one fact. The closest thing to a "fact" was them naming an act put in to place during the Clinton Administration that some writer equated to Nazi Germany. However, the act basically gave scholarships to kids who did community service, and as we can all see, Nazi Germany did not take over America.

That was the closest thing to anything that made sense on this thread... and as you can see, it didn't make any sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And when you cannot justify his Civilian National Security Force, you resort to ad hominem attacks.

Sad, really.:shk:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

How can someone justify something that no one knows what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

Hi, there, Pizzaguy! Germany was in a horrible depression when Hitler began the Third Reich. People were desparate, hungery and unemployed.

A perfect climate to suggest the final solution.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Now if only Hitler was here to try.

Kind of a key component missing...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by jsobecky

How can someone justify something that no one knows what it is.

By that same thought how can those that say this is nothing say that if no one knows what it is?

What does security force mean to you? It means exactly what it says to me. And we already have a civilian security force. It's called the militia and the patriot that will fight for his and her country from invading forces.

Just as powerful,just as strong and as well funded as our military?? Just who are we civilians going to be securing ourselves against in our own country?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Those making the claim must support it with facts. I have not said anything about what he was talking about.

You think there is something to it? Find out. Go look for facts to support your claims. That's the way arguments work.

Otherwise, perhaps he could be talking about using aliens to defend our country. Has just as much backing as everything else said on this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have never seen a wimpier lot of suggestions. You guys are sitting here speculating about what Obama's plans are

Umm... thats what we do here on ATS, we speculate...

As for the rest of your post, Take your snide remarks and insults elsewhere...

I'm not saying he is definitely going to do ANYTHING.
I'm "speculating" about what COULD happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Speak for yourself. The theme is "Deny Ignorance", not "Speculate Wildly".

Even some of the most out-there conspiracy theorists on this site at least try to provide backing for their claims.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's if/when he's assasinated in office and total rampage breaks out in every city they can have more support and gain control over the fall of civilization as we know it.

All the while telling people it's for a better, faster response to any terrorist attacks on US soil.

Actually I have no idea why but it's the best I could come up with.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For those of you expecting change with Obama: www.youtube.com...
For those of you that believe taxes won't be raised,with Mcain OR Obama
Get your head out of the sand!

[edit on 2-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

One thing I have learned about this election is that our species is indeed a gullible breed. Just look at how we fight over these two candidates when about 75% of the supporters haven't the foggiest idea why they are supporting them.

Once again it is a normal human instinct, the survival of the tribe.

The drives which cause the human to gather into groups and sub-groups are instinctive, the product of millions of years of evolution. Human instincts have never been uniform, and many instincts are selfish in nature

www.onelife.com...

A tenet of intellectual elitist ideology (from Marxist roots) is that it is not the horse which pulls the wagon, it is the wagon which abuses the horse by requiring its labor, in spite of the horse being the active element and the wagon the passive.

I thought this was interesting,

The tribe that had to make do with a trickle of water out of a spring was jealous of the neighboring tribe that had a lake. There was always that competition over foraging territory. The tribes became militantly isolated.

That is a tribal occupation. Man is a tribal animal. He is born that way. It will be another million years before it could possibly be bred out of him. A good tribal man thinks that his tribe is the only one.

Then what happens when we are no longer tribal?

Hmmm a million years,? it will never happen.

Just trying to understand why we are, what we are, that is where my head is at.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Those making the claim must support it with facts. I have not said anything about what he was talking about.

You think there is something to it? Find out. Go look for facts to support your claims. That's the way arguments work.

Otherwise, perhaps he could be talking about using aliens to defend our country. Has just as much backing as everything else said on this thread.

I'll have to wait until I'm not so tired to do the research. But, to be honest with you, I'm not sure I even care anymore. If something is going to happen just let it happen and let's get it over with.

I'm not trying to make unfounded claims. I'm only thinking of what a civilian national SECURITY FORCE would be used for. Maybe like BH said my screws are too tight but I don't see anything good coming from a agency with a name like that.

Oh well. Only time will tell.

Peace and goodnight.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Good for you. My best buddy's name was Johnny Avila when I was a kid.

Don't even go there with your lame attempt at painting me resentful of illegal aliens.

I wasn't trying to. I was trying to make sense as to why you even brought up the topic of illegal aliens into this discussion. You implied that this group of people could and would be used by our government to round up detractors. I just tried to paint a picture about how illogical that rationale is.

Then tell them to stay home and fix their own country. And don't tell them to jump in front of the line of people who have been following the laws and waiting in line for citizenship.

This is a bad misunderstanding of the current US Naturalization Laws. Currently the wait to even be considered for a green card is three years. This wait almost never shortens, and indeed it only grows longer annually because of the number seeking lawful immigration and the lack of resources to handle this number.

If you finally become considered for naturalization, you are normally turned away unless you already have a trade or skill and experience. Even then, you are expected to already have a job waiting for you if you are given a green card. If not, too bad, you're long wait was for nothing and you are turned back to Mexico.

The only way to be considered for lawful immigration is if you have a lawful spouse living within US borders or you are chosen as a part of the USIS 'Immigration Lottery'.

I wouldn't put up with it. Tell them to fix it. Don't bring that crap into our country. Guess what? Not every illegal is a hard-working nice guy. Some of those druggies are here also.

This is just an ignorant and bigoted statement, and I shouldn't even waste my time with it. There's just a better part of me who wants to try and persuade one's thinking away from such beliefs if at all possible.

First of all, I understand there is a mix of the good and the bad when it comes to illegal immigrants. Guess what though? There are a higher number of legal 'druggies' already living within the US. And for some this way of life is all they have ever known, thanks to the CIA, the War on Drugs, and the subsequent massive, politically funded Drug Cartels running Mexico from behind the scenes.

Telling them to go fix this problem is the same as telling us to go up to the Bush White House and tell them to withdraw from all war theaters. It hasn't worked in the past, and it won't work in the future. Do you think they honestly haven't tried to fix the problems of their home country? Or do you think their first resort was just to hightail it North and forget about their friends and relatives who can't or refuse to move to America?

Let me explain...

This is more flawed reasoning, and the two subjects aren't to be handled as one. Immigration reform and unemployment crises aren't one in the same. Just because we have an immigration problem doesn't mean we put the blame of unemployment on them. Its like how parents get mad at video game makers for creating violent games. Who's fault was it that the game got into their child's hands in the first place?

Either way I'm done with this thread, this has obviously devolved into a debate over topics that don't even pertain to subject matter at hand. This is just another 'alarmist' thread spouting fear and ignorance over a number of issues, some of which we understand, some of which we don't.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about what Obama's plan could mean. Its just aggravating when the first notions that appear in this thread try to tie such ideals to Nazism or Authoritarianism and label them as truth. Its equally frustrating when people go off on a tangent about other issues entirely and try to somehow reason them together as one.

If you feel obligated feel free to post your retort to this post, just keep in mind I won't waste any more of my time in this topic.

Namaste

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join