It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Events of my House The Past Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, paranormal board, we meet again!

I have been having an interesting time with my house lately and I figured I would share these recent experiences with all of you. I warn you ahead of time- this might get long, as I will cover some details that some would think to be a bit unimportant or irrelevant, but which I consider to be quite relevant. This is not the first time I have encountered things like this. Last year I was experiencing similar things around the same time of year. Here goes-

The room that I sleep in is in the basement of the house. I have my waterbed, TV, game systems, bird, swords, and a range of other things down there with me.

About a month ago, I pulled my bird out of his cage to let him fly around a bit (he is very good about not flying out of control lately) and he seemed a bit alarmed. He kept staring off into the corner of the room to the right of my bed, so much so that he wouldn't even look at me despite my silly actions to garner his attention (he was on my shoulder, by the way). He wouldnt let me bring him near that part of the room. He would just fly away in a frenzy. Eventually I got him back in his cage. I didnt really think much about this incident until later on (though I did note his odd nature at the time).

Skip ahead about a week or two later. I am lying down in bed ready to fall asleep. I had just turned the television off and rolled over. A few minutes later I opened my eyes only to see a dark shape, darker than the darkness around it, moving slightly in the air near that same corner. This was not an experience too uncommon to me so I brushed it off and went to sleep. I did not mention this to anyone.

To reassure some of you, I know what the reflections of the lights in my room and out of my room do to the shadows in my room. I know if a car is driving by, etc. etc.

A few nights after this incident, my girlfriend told me that she saw something moving in that same corner in my room. I asked her what it was she saw and she told me that it looked like 'a shapeless shadow'. This is when my attention really perked up and the paranormal investigator in me came out. Keep in mind that I had mentioned nothing previously of seeing any dark shapes.

This continues at the same pace for a few nights, when suddenly things take a little turn for the worse. One night I woke up to her wimpering and muttering, "Leave us alone..." over and over again under her breath. She said not only could she see it but it was now not just staying in this corner and was hovering very close to her above the bed (still more to the direction of that corner).

The night right after that was when it seems to have started to be able to interact with things in the room. I awoke from a dream (a dream that turned into what felt like a nightmare that woke me up almost immediately) with a sensation of dread. I could not move and I knew immediately that I was experiencing sleep paralysis. I was not really afraid of it as it has happened to me before. Then I could feel and see my blanket being pulled off of my right shoulder slowly. Finally I snapped out of it and was able to move, so I looked to see if my girlfriend had been shifting in the bed and moving the blanket. To my surprise, she had already left for work (as she works very early). I processed this in my head for a minute, and was interrupted by the feeling of someone watching. I could see nothing there in the corner, where the feeling was coming from, not even a shadow. I tossed the blanket over my head and fell asleep.

The next night my girlfriend woke me up because she had been hearing foot steps above us. She had checked several times to see if the people sleeping up there were still asleep, which they were, and would still hear foot steps as soon as she came back down.

Last night I experienced the most morbid and disturbing dream I have ever experienced in my life, for no reason. No scary movies or wicked thoughts. It was so outlandishly weird and disgusting that I am still bothered by it hours after waking up as though I had just woken up.

This is what has been happening in my house lately. Any thoughts, everyone?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It all sounds horrible

But the weirdest part is ... I feel as if I've read it all before ? !

I checked the date on your post several times as I was reading it

then, when I'd read to approx. the middle of your post, I wondered if you were recapping earlier events before coming to the latest situation .. which would have explained why it all sounded so familiar.

But then I reached the conclusion of your post and realised your entire post was of current events

So I'm mystified as to why it all sounds so familiar

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am sure there have been similar experiences posted here before. Also, there are a few details I didn't mention-

The day after the night the blanket was being pulled off of me, I pulled my bird out of his cage only to find that he was eyeing that one corner of the room again. This time the bird was very docile, but concerned with something over there.

Also, a few days prior I noticed that a shirt was on the ground that my girlfriend had worn over a week ago and left on the floor towards that part of the room. I had thrown it into the clothes pile. Well, on this day, after I put the bird back, I noticed that the shirt had somehow gotten back to almost the same spot it was in (maybe a couple inches off), though neither her or I had worn it since (it is one of my shirts that she sleeps in sometimes).

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Last year I was experiencing similar things around the same time of year.

Sounds like it could be an anniversary haunting, that type of haunting sometimes occurs when the date of said entity's death rolls around. You should look into the history of your home it's possible someone may have died around this time in the house

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am the said girlfriend referred to in these occurrences. I'd like to add that I've had separate experiences in the recent years of this kind of activity in my own home.

I moved to a new house about six years ago, and I noticed some strange goings-on the first night I stayed there. The 'thing' that I saw was similar in form to the 'thing' that has been lingering around GreyFoxSolid's room; "a dark shape, darker than the darkness around it." It would move across my ceiling, down the walls, onto my floor, nearing my bed. This happened quite often, and I would wake up with scratches on my forearms. I bite my nails, so there's no way I could have done this to myself. After some time, I stopped seeing the shadow and waking up with the marks. I simply forgot about it over time.

Either this entity is following me, or my boyfriend has a shadow problem of his own. Maybe our two problems have joined forces?

I'm at his house most nights, and he's already gone over the occurrences as of late. There was also an incident last night where we were settling in for bed. I was at the end of the bed putting some stuff in my bookbag, and he was lying down. We both heard a loud beep and had no idea where it came form. I suggested that it might be his EMF detector. He told me it was turned off. I thought the noise had come from his direction. He thought it came from mine. We were a little freaked, but went to bed and watched Ghostbusters II. It seemed appropriate for the current situation.

After the movie ended, I could not find sleep. For the past week, including last night, I've been having a difficult time sleeping. Either I'm waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares, or I'm being visited by the shapeless shadow in my boyfriend's room. Even the nights I've spent in my own bed have been troublesome. I've seen nothing odd, but I've been waking up with scratches again, some appearing on my chest.

I think Rocco21 may be right. We should probably look into the history of the house and see if we can find any answers for this.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The problem is that it is kind of difficult to look at the history of deaths in your house. I have found out that the wife of the previous owner probably died somewhere in the vicinity of august of '86.

But we must keep in mind that this kind of thing was happening to me last year when I was staying at my ex's place. So it is not specific to my house that I know of, unless it is just that she has a problem there separately.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lorehorrible

I think Rocco21 may be right. We should probably look into the history of the house and see if we can find any answers for this.

Just a pleasant reminder to check out the land history and not just the house history. Restless sprints can be tied to the land, more-so than the house.

Good luck... post any findings you discover.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Any good ideas on where to start looking into that sort of thing?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, we have a pendulum now. We asked it some questions about the entity. Apparently it's a girl and she is angry. She touched my back. We took pictures of the part of the room where the entity seems to reside most of the time. According to the pendulum, she will show up in the photographs. She was pulling the blankets off of my legs the other morning. I think she needs to calm down.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Pay attention in class!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If there was something to pay attention to, I would!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For starters, before I begin to analyze your spectral friend, I will suggest that you refrain from the use of objects like pendulums, ouija boards or engage in practices such as "automatic writing."

At the very least they are inaccurate, as a natural reaction known as "automatism" typically occurs when such devices are used. All this means is that your unconcious mind silenty feeds suggestions to your physical body that cause an event to happen (such as the ouija board marker moving, or the pendulum swinging, or something anamolous being "automatically" written).

At worst, these things can potentially invite all sorts of nasty things in. Next thing you know you'll have a roomate named Malphas.

If you wish to conduct a true paranormal investigation, as I certainly suggest you do, please do so by utilizing proper equipment. Also, it is very important that you document all findings! Even subjective evidence is better than nothing.

When you say you were used to seeing dark figures, do you mean that you've seen them for awhile? Or just that they don't really frighten you?

Also, in regards to your girlfriend's house, it is highly unlikely that the same entity is visiting you both.

Have either of you dabbled in the occult recently?

What are the usual atmospheric conditions in your area at the time they manifest?

Do you feel as if this entity is trying to cause you harm, or just get your attention?

Let me know!

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join