It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Sun is Cold And Inhabited With Life.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
reply to post by ngchunter

I won't go into great detail about my opinion about the REAL mechanics of why some of these things occur, but in a nutshell it has to do with resonance state transference.

Let's just say it happens.

F
[edit on 21-1-2009 by golemina]

Looking at your posts thats the problem YOU dont go into any detail your science teacher wasn't Kent Hovind by any chance.
You dodge answering any questions if you really think what you think why dont we all have a whip round to see if we can get you there it'll be a one way trip but I would like to see you and any others who believe this BS to be the first to visit the cold sun.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Anybody that believes that the Sun is burning at 5,000 to 10,000 degrees at the surface and 15,000,000 at the core has to be an absolute fool.

Anybody with more than half a brain could figure out the Sun would have burnt itself out in about 10 minutes if it was mostly hydrogen.

The reason why NASA doesn't send a probe to the Sun to see how hot it is, is because they know the Sun is not hot.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Anybody with more than half a brain could figure out the Sun would have burnt itself out in about 10 minutes if it was mostly hydrogen.

Let's see you run the numbers and quantify the rate of fusion needed for a 10 minute burnout... And then see how that's even possible.

The reason why NASA doesn't send a probe to the Sun to see how hot it is, is because they know the Sun is not hot.

Confirmation bias. They know it's hot and any probe sent would be destroyed, wasting money and time.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what the size of the mass is, if you are burning every atom at 15,000,000 degrees, it will all go quickly. Show me anything, and I mean "anything" that won't vaporize instantly at 15,000,000 degrees.

NASA won't send one a probe to the Sun because they don't want dto prove to everyone that Sun is cool. A very cheap probe could be sent on its way to the Sun, but they will never do it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Vaporize? Atoms do not vaporize. Nor do nuclear particles. You are talking about chemistry. There is no chemistry going on in the core of the sun.

The sun is a nuclear furnace. In the core of the sun, ionized hydrogen and deuterium fuse into isotopes of helium and produce energy. Those helium isotopes fuse and produce heavier helium isotopes and more hydrogen. Those heavier isotopes produce yet heavier atoms and still more energy. It's self sustaining to a point but the sun will eventually run out of its nuclear fuel in a few billion years.

cass.ucsd.edu...

[edit on 3/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

The sun doesnt work like a fire its not burning anything. Its a fusion reaction in the core hydrogen is being fused together to become helium and this leaves extra protons neutrons and electrons then The positron will collide with an electron and annihilate each other, releasing two gamma rays, which are high-energy photons. If i remeber correctly there is also 2 nuclear reactions that occur in the sun but they dont produce as much energy. fusion is the most efficient conversion of mass to energy we know of at least for now.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Anybody that believes that the Sun is burning at 5,000 to 10,000 degrees at the surface and 15,000,000 at the core has to be an absolute fool.

As stated by others the Sun doesn't burn like you think think of it as a controlled nuclear bomb would you stand next to one of those going off to see if its cool (who's the fool)
Also if i only have half a brain I would still have one more half than you.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what the size of the mass is, if you are burning every atom at 15,000,000 degrees, it will all go quickly.

LOL, as has been pointed out, there aren't chemical reactions going on, these are individual atoms in a superheated plasma.

Show me anything, and I mean "anything" that won't vaporize instantly at 15,000,000 degrees.

To vaporize = to turn into a gas. The Sun IS gas. Superheated gas, to be exact.

NASA won't send one a probe to the Sun because they don't want dto prove to everyone that Sun is cool. A very cheap probe could be sent on its way to the Sun, but they will never do it.

Very cheap huh, let's see you pay for it then? All it takes is a quick look at the peak of the sun's spectrum to see that it's very hot. Why would NASA waste money on a suicide probe just to prove qualitatively what's already been proven quantitatively? Your expectations and assumptions do not match reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When will it turn blue, I'm sick of waiting, lots of calm, peace, go around the universe, no need to eat meat.
Those that took the red pill don't know what their missing.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Disclaimer.

I've just noticed this thread isn't new. Still... I will U2U a few that replied to this thread.

First of all, I thought the sun was mostly green.

Second, It looks like stuff from the sun actually falls or gets pulled inside sun spots.

Here they give an explanation:

The new view inside sunspots, provided by a spacecraft called the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), shows a previously unseen process that seems to resolve this puzzle. Plasma in the middle of a sunspot zooms toward the center of the Sun at 3,000 mph, creating a siphon of sorts that reigns in the magnetic fields.
Magnetic fields in sunspots are known to prevent the heat that's generated deep within the Sun from rising to the surface. So the plasma in a sunspot is cooler than plasma on the surrounding surface of the Sun. Since the sunspot plasma is cooler, it is heavier, and it plunges downward.
"That draws the surrounding plasma and magnetic field inward toward the sunspot's center," Kosovichev told SPACE.com. "The concentrated field promotes further cooling and sinking flow and draws in still more material. This sets up a self-maintaining cycle of material circulation."
The process is somewhat analogous to a hurricane.
A warm ocean heats air near the surface, which rises, pulling surface air inward from outside a hurricane. The inward rushing air forces more air to rise near the center of the storm, and a cycle is created that cannot be broken until the storm moves over cooler water or land.

Source.

This would explain the colder surface temperatures. The next discovery explains how the sun's corona gets so hot.

There has been a new discovery what is now suggested to cause the enormous temperature difference between the sun's surface and its corona.
Read all about it here:Mysterious Solar Ripples Detected
This one is about the same subject: Sun's magenetic secrets reveiled.

They are also talking about sending a car sized probe to the sun.

NASA is developing an ambitious new mission to plunge a car-sized probe directly into the sun's atmosphere, boldly going where no spacecraft has gone before.
The spacecraft, called Solar Probe Plus, is slated to launch no later than 2018, NASA announced Thursday.

To bad it has to take so long.

NASA Aims to Plunge Car-Sized Probe Into the Sun

The temperature inside the sun is phenomenal, but it was agreed that temperatures are effected by pressure.
The more pressure the hotter it gets. Right ?
Inside the sun there should be a tremendous pressure pushing from above. Does this not explain the heat ?

The sun's interior works are causing the sun spots as heat is prevented to reach the surface. The same process also sucks up surface material inside.

I do not fully understand how it is possible to loose the amount of heat that is necessary to explain the surface temperatures tho
An explanation will be appreciated ?

I do understand that pressure causes the extreme heat. The sun's core is said to be only 2 % of the entire sun's volume. Yet the mass of this 2 % is almost half of the sun's total mass.

Is it enough pressure to reach the intense heat ?

I'm just an innocent bystander, but lately with the new discoveries and all. The MS explanation is starting to make a lot of sense. Just know that I'm not in any way educated on the subject beyond following as much as news that available on the web.

Kind regards

~ Sinter

edit on 9/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: Grammar difficulties. *Kuch*

edit on 9/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: To add disclaimer

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is about as stupid as the hollow earth theory... claiming that the sun is cold is absurd, I really wonder what went on in your head when you decided to make this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

The OP and the counter part of ngchunter have not visit the site for more then a year.

The hollow earth is real you know.

edit on 9/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: To Add

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i too see this is a old thread but,
the sun is hot, damn hot.
so damn hot, that a little orange dude burst into flames.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a joke i once heard about Soviet space exploration.

In order to show the Americans that soviet space exploration was by no means inferior to NASA, a team of experts from across the soviet union were rallied for their expert advice. After many hours of heated debate, it was decided that the Soviet Union would be the first country to ever send a man to... the Sun. Genius!

And how would they avoid being roasted into nothingness before ever reaching their objective. Well, to combat the intense rays of energy beaming from the Sun, it was agreed that the safest time to leave would be at night time - when the Sun is coolest

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The eye of sauron, the sun is shifting. It will colapse or I don't know shift to something else.
The bonds will be broken, we get a break from big brother. God is on our side, for the little guy.

When it does, run, free
get rid of the red locator beacon so they don';t know where you are.
Yes again, it seems, not this time either.

edit on 12-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You can't apply the gas stoich law (PV=nRT) to a non gas subject -.-

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

I was applying it to a gas subject; our atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

I was applying it to a gas subject; our atmosphere.

No, of course not!!!

Our atmosphere is a solid. Our polymagnetomorphlologenetic fields allow us to pass through it without resistance! For some unknown reason all science is wrong and I don't have a single shred of evidence to prove it, therefore, my theory is correct.

On a more serious note, this thread is hilarious, I laughed out loud so many times reading the OP, it's just so damn ridiculous. Good job debunking BS>...

edit on 14/9/2010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/9/2010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Awesome im so glad this was posted on here. I was researching this just the other day here
www.luisprada.com... also, about the Sun being Cold not Hot, and it makes so much sense. Isn't it nice to know that the Earth is no longer Flat either?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Radioactivity and heat are two different things. Cold fusion is another thing to consider. These things can often be confused by the average person. I also believe that NASA does lie and hide information. when the close up pic of the face on Mars was released, it was upside down. Richard Hoagland says they definitely lie to the public.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join