It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Sun is Cold And Inhabited With Life.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
According to this researcher Luis E. Prada, sunlight is not "hot" in the sense that we feel heat from it here on Earth.
www.luisprada.com...

As proof he offers that once you leave our atmosphere, outer space exposed to direct sunlight is actually extremely cold, approximately 3 oK (-273 oC) imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The sun rays once reaching Earth create heat on matter. Behind a tree, for instance, the temperature is cooler because the sun rays do not directly interact with the morphogenetic fields of the particle matter of our bodies, but through radiation (refraction). On outer space the space station and astronauts exposed to the sun rays experience a temperature of approximately 200oC since there are no clouds that deviate or reflect the sun rays. In the dark side, when Earth is between the astronauts and the sun, the temperature is very cold, as stated above. The absence of other matter makes less of a refraction possible. www.luisprada.com...

Better would be to send a space probe to the sun and measure its temperature. The dilemma is how to measure temperature without affecting the measure by the reaction of the instrument with the sun rays. But, obviously science already has made its mind and it would seem silly to challenge the idea of a hot sun. The high photonic concentration emitted as light makes believe that this light comes from combustion when in reality comes from atomic excitation in the plasma. www.luisprada.com...

The Rosicrucian Order, AMORC, that is based on Ancient Wisdom, teaches that the sun's rays are neither hot nor cold and that it is during the interaction of the rays with a material object that heat is produced. Also that the sun's rays mixed with the magnetism of our Earth produce heat around us. This information was extracted by the author from a Rosicrucian monograph of a higher degree. www.luisprada.com...

The first body is the Sun (acting as a nucleus). Over one hundred years ago, in 1854 [sic] (2), the eminent astronomer Sir William Herschel suggested that the Sun may be inhabited and that the inhabitants may no more suffer from the intense heat than those who live in the tropical regions of Earth! He believed the Sun to be cool body, not a hot, flaming gas ball. www.luisprada.com...

And most importantly

What has been learned from space visitors about our Sun is not really anything new, but only a return to the ageless wisdom possessed by the Earth's most ancient races. These students of the long ago said that the true color of the Sun was blue, and it is interesting to note that the musical note of blue is Sol, a name for the Sun itself! www.luisprada.com...

Please follow the links for very interesting reading.

[edit on 30/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Science aside, the logic actually makes a strange kind of sense. Interesting reading there!

I'll comment more when I get through it all.

*edit daggum lack of typing skills

[edit on 10/30/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Definitely food for thought, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by deathhasnosound

On outer space the space station and astronauts exposed to the sun rays experience a temperature of approximately 200oC since there are no clouds that deviate or reflect the sun rays.

Wrong, it gets very hot in space when an object is in direct sunlight for an extended period because there is no air convection to carry away excess heat. Only radiative cooling is possible in a vacuum.

The dilemma is how to measure temperature without affecting the measure by the reaction of the instrument with the sun rays.

Easy, the sun emits radiation in a black body curve we can measure. Therefore, the wavelength of light it emits tells us its temperature.

Also that the sun's rays mixed with the magnetism of our Earth produce heat around us.

Nonsense. Why does the sunlit moon get so hot if magnetism is somehow necessary to interact with photons to produce the heat we feel (it isn't)?

the eminent astronomer Sir William Herschel suggested that the Sun may be inhabited and that the inhabitants may no more suffer from the intense heat than those who live in the tropical regions of Earth!

So what?! He was wrong. He also thought the "solarians" could peek out into space through sunspots and we could peek back. With today's telescopes and solar observatories you can easily see that there are no "solarian cities" staring back through sunspots. By the way, he also thought that the dark areas of mars were literal seas and that martians lived on a planet and in a way identical to that of humans on earth. He was a great astronomer for his time, but he was wrong about a lot.

These students of the long ago said that the true color of the Sun was blue, and it is interesting to note that the musical note of blue is Sol, a name for the Sun itself!

Peachy Pink would probably be the most accurate color, corresponding to a black body radiation of 5780 K

(removed news tags from quote)

[edit on 30/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The current accepted scientific view of the sun is that it is a giant thermonuclear reactor converting hydrogen to helium and has a surface temperature of nearly 6000 degrees celcius. I would have to say on that basis life as we know it would struggle to survive!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
The current accepted scientific view of the sun is that it is a giant thermonuclear reactor converting hydrogen to helium and has a surface temperature of nearly 6000 degrees celcius. I would have to say on that basis life as we know it would struggle to survive!

That is the entire point of the cold sun theory, the sun is COLD and the inhabitants live within the planet not on the surface.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately the core of the sun is an estimated 15 million degrees celcius.

The simple observation that light and electromagnetic particles etc etc are emitted from the sun is proof alone that some serious heat producing chemistry is taking place there.

Calling all ATS physicists and chemists please.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
so if i stand behind a tree my morphogenic fields aren't disturbed? sounds like he's describing how to stand in the shade. i don't see anything particularly groundbreaking about not standing in direct sunlight to achieve cooler temperatures.

now i think he's trying to go into further detail about the nature of the universe in regards to percieved temperature vs. what's really oging on.
this really isn't adding up to me, sounds like the "allan quartermain" of the EU theory.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Unfortunately the core of the sun is an estimated 15 million degrees celcius.
What he is saying is that what scientist believe about the sun being hot is just a theory and cannot be proven with todays technology.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I suspect that 'experts' on this matter will tell you different and no doubt have plenty of evidence. Like i said earlier the very nature of the reactions occuring on the sun, by the known laws of chemistry and physics, dictate incredible heat being produced.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I admittedly didn't try too hard to warp this stuff into something that made an ounce of sense. Go ahead and flame me if I'm "missing something", but I really don't think magnetic fields or morphowhatsits have anything to do with the apparent temperature of the sun. You're closer - you're hotter. You're farther away - you're colder. Seems like pretty standard inside-the-box criteria for radiation/heat/etc.

The part about space being very cold even in direct sunlight: Ask yourself "what is heat?" It's merely excited atoms. Space is more or less a vacuum - not a whole lot of matter between bodies, hence not much measurable "heat". That has nothing to do with the amount of radiation coming from the sun - anything exposed to it will get "excited" and heat up, again with varying effect depending on the distance.

But if we are saying that things only get "hot" because the particles comprising them get excited then you can neither use the terms "hot" nor "cold" as descriptors. At that point you're talking about degrees of particle excitement strictly, not temperature. It's silly to disconnect it like that though since when it comes down to it temperature is more or less a measurement of that excitement.

So sure, the sun isn't hot. But that's like saying the sky isn't blue. In any meaningful context they are.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.solarviews.com...

www.nineplanets.org...

Deathhasnosound.

Heres a couple of links i think you should visit. Please.

[edit on 30/10/08 by logicalview]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Heres another.

www.nso.edu...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I suspect that 'experts' on this matter will tell you different and no doubt have plenty of evidence. Like i said earlier the very nature of the reactions occuring on the sun, by the known laws of chemistry and physics, dictate incredible heat being produced.
Well at one time in our history "the experts" thought the world was flat and anyone opposed to it got burned at the stake. Are't we lucky now, we just get flamed

logical view, thanks for the links, I will check them out.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by deathhasnosound]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
You're closer - you're hotter. You're farther away - you're colder. Seems like pretty standard inside-the-box criteria for radiation/heat/etc.
Actually what happens if you climb a high mountain? You are closer to the sun and yet, the higher you climb the colder it gets.

Space is more or less a vacuum -

This is old thinking, we now know that space is far from an empty vacuum.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

True. Thankfully! Take it easy my friend.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey I have an open mind and will look at these when time permits, Its sort of like the hollow earth theory, as in there have never been reports of people going down to look at the magma but there have been reports of people going into the hollow earth and seeing another race living there etc.

How do we really know the sun is the way they have been telling us it is ?

Good post , closed minded people will reject it as nonsense .

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
Actually what happens if you climb a high mountain? You are closer to the sun and yet, the higher you climb the colder it gets.

PV=nRT
T=PV/nR
That's why moutain tops are cold. Atmospheric convection is still significant and carries all your heat away. Because atmospheric pressure is so much lower up there the air temperature drops and you give off your heat to the surrounding air. There is no air to give your heat off to in space through convection.

Conversely, your distance to the sun hasn't changed much at all. The sun is 93 million miles away, you're only a couple miles closer. That's not enough to make a measureable difference.

Space is more or less a vacuum -

This is old thinking, we now know that space is far from an empty vacuum.

It's a darn good vacuum actually and I challenge you to show me otherwise. If it weren't, satellites couldn't stay in orbit. Granted there is orbital drag, but it's nowhere near a level where you could say it wasn't "more or less a vacuum."

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

It may be a vacuum but it is not "empty space"

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

That wasn't the claim.
The claim was that it is more or less a vacuum. It is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join