It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should You Flag Your Own Thread?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
Isn't that the same as 'blowing your own trumpet ' ?

If you own a trumpet... why would you not blow it?

And isn't it said, with good reason, that 'self praise is worthless .. is no praise at all' ?

Starring your own thread would be self praise... Flagging it is promoting your work... like advertising a book for sale. If no one knows you wrote a book, who will buy it.? Do authors not do book signings to promote their work?

If the book has merit once its read, then many 'flags' will make it a best seller.

Many times like with the elections and the BG/GFL a thread you write gets no notice simply because people are busy on other topics at the time... and with the daily number of new threads about some events (BG/GFL swamped the board with around 100 and we are still feeling the after shaocks) tends to push a thread out of sight very quickly...

I save the flag as a good 'bump' tool when something gets missed the first time around...

Shouldn't your thread be able to stand of its own merit ?

Most certainly
but people have to find it first

I like being able to look at myself in the mirror without cringing in embarrassment and shame

May I suggest if you feel the need to cringe in embarrassment and shame that you seriously reconsider what you post?

The whole purpose of writing a thread is to get your point heard. If you feel you need to hide, then perhaps starting the thread was not a wise choice

Besides you only get ONE flag, like you only get ONE vote... so maybe I will write my name in that 'other' spot on the Ballot

[edit on 2-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon 2012

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I never flag my own threads. I let my fellow members decide the merit or importance of my threads.

If I post it, it goes without saying that I think it's important.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm proud to say that I never flagged this rubbish.

[to those who did, my thanks...you pat my back, I pat yours!]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join