It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Year Old Boy Gets Zapped Trying To Steal McCain Sign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nine Year Old Boy Gets Zapped Trying To Steal McCain Sign

www.miamiherald.com

CHAPEL HILL - After Shawn Turschak saw two sets of McCain-Palin signs disappear from his yard within hours of being planted, he took steps to protect the latest pair.

On Monday, he ran wires from his house and hooked the signs into a power source for an electric pet fence. Then he mounted a surveillance camera in a nearby tree and wired it to a digital recorder.

Tuesday afternoon, the camera saw this:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fayobserver.com
wizbangblog.com

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
...Link With Video

What kind of parent would defend his kid for stealing?

Must be a different world we are living in.
My Dad, and most of yours, would probably tell me I deserved what I got.

I know people are getting involved in politics at a much younger age, but this kid should be preparing for Halloween or something, not going out and stealing signs.

What's next, keying cars perhaps?

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The kid got what he deserved! Its not like a taser or anything, just a little bite. Serves him right.

Maybe the parent put him up to it??

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is against McCain it is ok! Just like the vandals that were shot for destroying private property in the name of the Mesiah Obama.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
When parents make excuses for their children's actions, they are really making excuses for their own bad parenting. I would have gotten an ass whooping for stealing anything. I am glad that I will be dead before this young man's generation gets their chance to lead the country.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ahaha that is hilarious.

That kid deserved what he got, and his idiot father should be arrested because he was most likely the one who put the little crook up to it.

Of course they will demonize this man for protecting his own property, as usual per the liberal media. The kid would have never gotten shocked if he hadn't been trespassing and commiting a crime on his neighbors property.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's completely wrong to interfere in another person's right to express themself. I don't agree with electrifying signs but hopefully a story like this will make that unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Rocker Frampton fuming over stolen Obama signs
hosted.ap.org...

Maybe Peter Frampton should do what this guy did? He's already said he was going to put up a video camera. Now he just needs a little voltage.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is what happens when our parents and teachers trash talk politicaly around children that should not be privy to the propaganda. Kid got what he deserved for trying to switch the signs, but his parents and teachers are the real culprits!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why not electrify your signs? If it's not your dont touch it.

If that was me my father would have laughed at me for being an idiot and probably thanked the guy for teaching me a lesson. Politics never would have come up. He would have assumed I was being stupid and pulling some Halloween type prank or something like that.

Stupid kid got what was coming to him and is lucky the owner didnt think something more was going on and shot him.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hillarious, I agree with the people who were actually raised properly here. My parents would have laughed at me and then grounded me at least for such actions regardless of the politics behind it. I'm glad someone posted a link with a video at least we know what the miscreant looks like, now I just wish we could see his parents so we can know who the horrible parents who are raising this heathen are.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good. He got what he deserved. Plain and simply. Don't want to get a nice shock? DON'T take what isn't yours. Its actually a pretty simple concept.

I rather he teach the kid a lesson then video tape the thing and bring up the 9 year old on charges of theft and tresspassing. Seems like everyone runs straight to the law these days, regardless of how serious it is. I'm glad this guy used his head and decided this incident could be handled without the law.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wasn't it the kids parents that got the law involved, that's what I got out of the articles? That's also why I would like to say that the kid's parents are most likely horrible people. Not only did they most likely encourage their child to engage in criminal behavior, the kid's father accosted the 13yr old daughter of the sign owner. I'd have loved to have been the deputy that responded. Only one person attempted to commit a crime and it wasn't the property owner with the sign.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The kid got exactly what he deserved,he should just feel lucky it was only a shocker fence

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Priceless!

I agree with a lot of others here about the kids father as well. If that were me when I was younger, I would have been told I got what I deserved, and then maybe a little extra "incentive" to never do it again.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have read all the articals and seen the video pertaining to this incident I can quite honestly say the owner of those signs seriously needs to consider one thing.

Ramp the power up and put the next vandal on their a$$

Wolfie

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The kid should be charged with trespassing and attempted theft.

His parents should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I'm with the others on this post who said that their parents would have laughed at them or told them they got what they deserved.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have no tolerance for vandals of any political persuasion.

Electrocuting them now saves the state from having to do it 10 years from now.

It's just good planning.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
heh heh

I saw this the other day. If it was me, I would have been given some tough love.

If it was my kid . . . I would have told him to go try again later on. You know . . . maybe he might have turned it off *fingers crossed that he left it on* and then given him some tough love

lol

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
When parents make excuses for their children's actions, they are really making excuses for their own bad parenting. I would have gotten an ass whooping for stealing anything. I am glad that I will be dead before this young man's generation gets their chance to lead the country.

After my dad picked himself up off the floor from laughing so hard, then I would have gotten my butt busted....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join