It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon Mobil breaks another earnings record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Exxon Mobil breaks another earnings record

www.msnbc.msn.com

HOUSTON - Exxon Mobil Corp., the world’s largest publicly traded oil company, reported income Thursday that shattered its own record for the biggest profit from operations by a U.S. corporation, earning $14.83 billion in the third quarter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh, for the love of…..Come on now, really?
In all fairness, I understand how businesses work. I know Exxon is doing what they are supposed to as a business. I know its partly my fault for buying their gas. I have to say, though, I'd feel SO much better if these companies weren't doing SO DARN WELL. Would it kill them to NOT have record profits what seems to be every quarter?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Simple supply and demand economics . . . . they have the supply so they can demand exactly whatever the hell they want us to pay to get it.

What are our alternatives in the short term?

So, we all sit by like good little Eloi munching away on our lotus leaves, waiting for the Morlocks to ring their stupid little bells for us to go line up and dutifully fill our tanks . . .

They announce their record profits and billions in earnings . . . we piss and moan for a while.

Rince - lather - repeat

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

It just makes me SO mad. I work from home, I walk to the store, I ride my bike to further places. Unfortunately, there comes a time where you just HAVE to drive. Unless you have money for something electric, you've got NO choice but to use gas.

Official definition of "monopoly" aside, this seems like a monopoly to me

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
its cool , the exxon mobil how it manipulates the american public , and loots them to oblivion

frankly, americans deserve it , because they are evil and they supported the war and genocide in Iraq , and on several other third world poor nations ...

USA is the most evil country on the planet and frankly , I hope Russia/China bleeds USA economically and causes it to collapse or become a vassal state

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
USA is the most evil country on the planet and frankly ,

Yep. That it is

I hope Russia/China bleeds USA economically

They're working on it! (China, anyway)

and causes it to collapse or become a vassal state

Vassal state? Interesting thought. I think most people would hope for "starving, third world country totally dependent on the rest of the world - the world, of course, either completely shunning the US or breaking it up into little bits so everyone has their colony.

*edit cause I can't type OR spell

[edit on 10/30/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
its cool , the exxon mobil how it manipulates the american public , and loots them to oblivion

frankly, americans deserve it , because they are evil and they supported the war and genocide in Iraq , and on several other third world poor nations ...

USA is the most evil country on the planet and frankly , I hope Russia/China bleeds USA economically and causes it to collapse or become a vassal state

Hmmmmm . . . have you thought for a moment that not all Americans support the war, the genocide in Iraq and what's been done to the people in several other third world nations.

I think the governments' interest in the 'will of the people' can be adequately noted by the recent economic 'rescue' and 'bailout' initiatives . . . those who have the power to make those high level decisions do so with the interest of a relative few in mind while a pretty good chunck of the population has not choice but to swallow hard and endure the fallout of their 'elected' representatives' decisions.

I'll wager a pretty good sum with you that if you went door to door in the US, you'd find a preponderance of regular folk who are just as sickened by the government's foreign policies as are you.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow, im an American. I dont support the war, the bailout, and i realy dont see the point in voting. I dont believe in craping on the little guy to get my way. And you people hate americans! i cant help that i was born here. if it was up to me i wauld get the first homeless person that i saw and make him the president (probably would be about the same). most people that i know dont agree with whats going on i.e. the lies and greed that are running this once great country into the ground. but we dont know what to do. i guess if about a million people went and sat in the whitehouse lawn maybe that would make a difference. but who tha hell can organize something that big? if you even tryed you would be shut down before you even got your feet off of the ground by TPTB. i dont want to see anyone mad at americans just the elite that have made america what it has become today. most of us are stuck in our everyday lives. work 40-50 frs a week and make just enough to cover the bills. i dont get it people see the rich and powerful and immediatelt turn into tarzan (swinging off tha nizzos). mess on that, mess on the crooked gov't and MESS ON THE FED!
question? what came first the car or the gas?

[edit on 30-10-2008 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Think about the record taxes the Government is reaping! You can't have record earnings without record taxes.

top topics

join