It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me why you ARE voting for obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by sos37
No way in hell I would ever vote for Obama or his racist wife. The only reason why I would ever be caught dead voting for the man is if I were dead or unconcious and someone had dragged my body to the voting booth and was manipulating my hands on the buttons.

I disagree with him on basically ALL of the issues except the environment.

Lol, its amusing to see the desperation. It must feel horrible for such a bitter sentiment, to know that Obama will win.

And if Obama loses, I'd love to make that line of yours part of my signature just as a constant reminder of the smugness, arrogance and ugliness that the left on this board had no problem displaying during this election. You've been one of the particularly mild ones until just recently.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What have I done, I have stayed cordial till l have been bombarded with videos of Mccain rallies. Im sick and tired of people shouting bomb Obama.. Kill him.. hes a terrorist. Has any of us on the left said anything like that about McCain? No.

Being cordial is what lost us the last two elections.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

» Political Issues » Please tell me why you ARE voting for obama?

Please focus responses on the ACTUAL topic of discussion!

There are existing threads on both Why For and Why Not For, so please post accordingly.

Any further Off-Topic posts will be removed and the member Warned.

» Political Issues » Please tell me why you ARE voting for obama?

Thank you.

[edit: to add]

There's always...
Why would you NOT vote for Obama?
... for those so inclined.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To the O.P.;

You asked a clear cut , important question and you deserve a clear cut answer.

I will not tie McCain in with Bush because it was not asked for and I am getting tired of people going off topic when a simple qustion is asked.

I would start off by stating that I did in fact vote for McCain during my states primary. At the time he was my number 1 choice. I have always admired this man and his commitment to our country.

My position started changing when he reimagined his vote on torture and did not come out and empathatically tell Bush he was wrong in no uncertain terms.

Next he started using his P.O.W. experiences to justify anything that went wrong in his campaign i.e "I remember a time when I did not have a home for 5 1/2 years" I have all the respect in the world and cannot imagine what he endured, but to me he cheapened that for political expediency.

He was also very much against the New G.I Bill and his justification for it is beyond reproach. I know that the military and the V.A. have always been the Dems favorite whipping boy but with Senators Webb and a few others to back it and not McCain I just do not understand. He also let Bush give him credit for it and never corrected that.

He also has as his number one financial advisor Phil Graham. This man is a complete idiot who even though is an economist has no idea of what the average American has to face on a daily basis. Graham I think still sits on the board of UBS, a foriegn bank who is conveniently getting a bailout from the U.S taxpayer.

McCain used to be a maverick. If he had stuck to his guns instead of running to the right he would be doing alot better than he is now. I know he had to move to the right to get the nomination of the GOP, but instead of moving back to the center after getting it he went even further to the right.

Hypocrisy. The one thing I hate more than all else and McCain is neck deep in it. I am not some niave kid. All politics are hypocrits and vise versa. My problem is that McCain says one thing in one sentence and then tries to erase it by saying something else in the next.

One other thing that bothered me awhile back. One of his main advisors told a reporter that McCain did not speak for the campaign. WTF?

Last, but definately not least, Sarah Palin.

Anyways, thanks for the question. I know that niether mine nor anyone elses answers will change your views. Just do the right thing and vote. If you do that you have done what you are supposed to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here is an eloquent article that exemplifies the appeal that Obama has to many people. It's about the future, not the past. Hope and not fear. Change and not stagnation. It's about living up to our full potential as a united society, not being divided by wedge issues and partisanship.

www.csmonitor.com...

Let me make it clear: I'm pretty conservative. I grew up in the suburbs. I voted for George H.W. Bush twice, and his son once. I was disappointed when Bill Clinton won, and disappointed he couldn't run again.

I encouraged my son to join the military. I was proud of him in Afghanistan, and happy when he came home, and angry when he was recalled because of the invasion of Iraq. I'm white, 55, I live in the South and I'm definitely going to get a bigger tax bill if Obama wins.

I am the dreaded swing voter.

So you can imagine my surprise when my wife suggested we spend a Saturday morning canvassing for Obama. I have never canvassed for any candidate. But I did, of course, what most middle-aged married men do: what I was told...

I learned in just those three hours that this election is not about what we think of as the "big things." It's not about taxes. I'm pretty sure mine are going to go up no matter who is elected. It's not about foreign policy. I think we'll figure out a way to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan no matter which party controls the White House, mostly because the people who live there don't want us there anymore.

I don't see either of the candidates as having all the answers.

I've learned that this election is about the heart of America. It's about the young people who are losing hope and the old people who have been forgotten. It's about those who have worked all their lives and never fully realized the promise of America, but see that promise for their grandchildren in Barack Obama. The poor see a chance, when they often have few. I saw hope in the eyes and faces in those doorways.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm not voting for anyone. A. Because I am not registered yet in california to vote. and B. I dont much prefer either candidate. We deserve someone much better than either of them.

But, if I could vote, it would probably be obama just because I dont like sarah palin's sluttiness. And I like Joe Biden. I would be voting more based on the vice presidents, since I dont prefer either president.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
www.hanlonsrazor.org...

This is why Obama is winning, folks. The campaign is working like this. They aren’t putting out messages with scary music warning voters that McCain will sneak into their rooms at night and steal their Social Security or showing video of Iranian children hit by bombs. They’re on the ground talking to people, getting them involved, and really promoting the “yes we can” mantra, with emphasis on the “we”.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
because I believe politics are a choose your own adventure soap opera. I think they are useless tools of slave masters over their complacent indentured servants.
Because I dont believe there is ever a difference, and at this point, Im going for whoever will cause the most chaos. Im voting for obama because people think he is a terrorist. I hope he is. Im voting for obama because so many people hate him. I want to see those people with so much hate, get so pissed, they dont know what to do with themselves, and then take a moment to look at their views, and realize how ridiculous they are being. with hope.
I am voting for obama because I hear he will be assassinated. I am voting for obama because he is supposedly the antichrist. I hope he is. I am voting for obama, because I think its funny. Im voting for obama, because I live in AZ and I think McCain has done a terrible job, regardless that i think its all a slave game. Im voting for obama because he is black. Maybe that will help quiet some of the racism around here, maybe it will fuel it, either way, I see the end result the same. realization.

If I could be convinced that politics could help anyone, I would take this situation seriously, but I cannot see how having leaders creating sided opinions does anything at all except cause divide and conquer.

I do believe we could have some sort of functioning system, but it would not be biased, it would take into account the entire picture at all times in every decision. It would not have laws other than do unto others. It would just be the common sense of the people.

If we think we need politics or governments, thats a sad statement on our part, it says that we cannot think for ourselves or conduct ourselves peacefully without them. I KNOW we can. Governments and their politics, commit crimes in order to create laws which in turn create more crime, not just because things are now illegal, but because you have put restraint on the human experience, and it is simple nature to test and or defy supposed boundaries.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I found this topic searching why would someone vote for obama.
Before the election. and during in retrospect.

The reason's ats user's gave us is basically this.

Mcain was to much like bush. and to old
Do i half to remind you obama Did not stop or suspend the patriot act..since he was in office.
He is bush jr. at this point lol

Health care...
Where is the change?
He has put federal tax's ON.....
All tobacco
carbon tax
Tax on cow hog cow fart's.. true but funny
alot more..he is over taxing the American people.

Change was the other reason yall gave.
The Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act
edlabor.house.gov...

Calling Americans to Serve at a Critical Time America is facing unprecedented challenges – the economy, health care, energy, schools in need of improvement and more. With our public needs intensifying in this recession, there’s no better time to support and energize community service and volunteerism to help our country get through this economic crisis, restore confidence and prepare our nation for the future. President Obama has called on Congress to create new opportunities for Americans to build a stronger country by helping students perform better in school, prepare Americans for green and innovative 21st century jobs, rebuild cities in times of disaster, improve communities and much, much more. This legislation, passed by the Committee by a vote of 34-3 on March 11, 2009, answers his call. It will launch a new era of service that will give Americans of all ages an opportunity to invest through service in our nation’s recovery.

This is Wrong and Well speechless ....But i know dang good and well this is unamerican.

Economy
One guy said he liked his economy tactic's...I bet he is kicking himself in the butt right now.
800 billion borrowed ...Us taxpayer's pay the bill...They was allowed 24 hours to read the bill lol
Filled with earmark's or pork...He swore he hated soooooooooooo bad remember.
Bailed out Aig ..They gave him over 100k in contribution's...
Then they gave there Ceo's That bankrupted them Big juicy bonus's ..WITH OUR MONEY.....

Just saying in retrospect this thread is funny as can be.

The reason's most voted for him was indeed misleading and flat untrue.
just thought i would add to this old conversation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join