It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shemsu Hor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Shawn,

In going back to look at this matter I am finding it to be pretty much Enochian based language and beliefs.

Here is an exerpt from the following link

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The country we know today as Iran might not at first seem the most likely source for angels, but it is a fact that the exiled Jews were heavily exposed to its religious faiths after the Persian king Cyrus the Great took Babylon in 539 BC. These included not only Zoroastrianism, after the prophet Zoroaster or Zarathustra, but also the much older religion of the Magi, the elite priestly caste of Media in north-west Iran. They believed in a whole pantheon of supernatural beings called ahuras, or ‘shining ones’, and daevas - ahuras who had fallen from grace because of their corruption of mankind.

Visage Like A Viper

Yet aside from this still very fragmentary treatise, other Enochian texts have surfaced among the Dead Sea Scrolls which in my opinion are just as important. One of these is the Testament of Amram.

Amram was the father of the lawgiver Moses, although any biblical time-frame to this story is irrelevant. What is much more significant is the appearance of the two Watchers who appear to him in a dream-vision as he rests in his bed, for as the heavily reconstructed text reads:

[I saw Watchers] in my vision, the dream-vision. Two (men) were fighting over me, saying... and holding a great contest over me. I asked them, ‘Who are you, that you are thus empo[wered over me?’ They answered me, ‘We have been empowered and rule over all mankind.’

They said to me, ‘Which of us do yo[u choose to rule (you)?’ I raised my eyes and looked.] [One] of them was terrifying in his appearance, [like a serpent, [his] cloak many-coloured yet very dark... [And I looked again], and... in his appearance, his visage like a viper, and [wearing...] [exceedingly, and all his eyes...].
The text identifies this last Watcher as Belial, the Prince of Darkness and King of Evil, while his companion is revealed as Michael, the Prince of Light, who is also named as Melchizedek, the King of Righteousness. It is, however, Belial’s frightful appearance that took my attention, for he is seen as terrifying to look upon and like a ‘serpent’, the very synonym so often used when describing both the Watchers and the Nephilim.

If the textual fragment had ended here, then I would not have known why this synonym had been used by the Jewish scribe in question. Fortunately, however, the text goes on to say that the Watcher possessed a visage, or face, "like a viper". Since he also wears a cloak "many-coloured yet very dark", I had also to presume that he was anthropomorphic, in other words he possessed human form.

And there appeared to me two men very tall, such as I have never seen on earth. And their faces shone like the sun, and their eyes were like burning lamps; and fire came forth from their lips. Their dress had the appearance of feathers:... [purple], their wings were brighter than gold; their hands whiter than snow. They stood at the head of my bed and called me by my name.

Going back to this reignites an old spark for me as well.

It is good to slow down and assimilate sometimes.

Another correction will be the name of the book by Andrew Collins, it is actually called, From the Ashes of Angels.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It seems to all tie together in many different resources.

Here is something not so biblically based.

www.antiqillum.org...

Kenneth Grant, in ALEISTER CROWLEY AND THE HIDDEN GOD, pays lip service to the Yezidi. He urges that the Peacock Angel is identical to the Hawk of Gold, which is a symbol of Ra Hoor Khuit, the Horus of the Two Horizons. This very well could be a correct identification, or syncretization, since we find in Horus, or in some of the Horus divinities, an identification with Nergal. In Grant's glossary to the above mentioned work

Been awhile since I looked at the Brethren of the Gift. The link is Qadosh interpretation.
I noticed in the previous post in the quoted text they mentioned the cloak as wearing "all his eyes" which brought to mind the legend of Melek Taus, Peacock Angel which is referenced above.

"The phonetic similarity between Cutha and KUTU and Cthonic, as well as Cthuhlu, is striking. Judging by a Sumerian grammar at hand, the word KUTULU or CUTHALU (Lovecraft's CTHUHLU Sumerianized) would mean 'The Man of KUTU' (Cutha); The Man of the Underworld; Satan or Shaitan, as he is known to the Yezidis (whom Crowley considered to be the remnants of the Sumerian tradition)." -- Necronomicon, Intro, Section on Sumeria, p. xix.

Could be. But as we found in Sitchin's writings, the word KUTU also means the Bright Uplands, i.e., the Gold Country where the Red Dirt is. Red Dirt is Arali. So either KUTULU Points to Oil, or he points to Gold. Either way, rather than being a pain god, in a painful pose, as Lovecraft depicts him, he is a most powerful shaman - warrior - chieftain, and a very ancient ancestor deity. Imagine using the Temples to the Underworld to contact the oil spirits. .

Gold is tying in. What kind of a wild chase am I on now???

Notice in this passage, "In the company of Bright Angels." That could imply what the name Yezidi refers to. The Yezidi from what we gather, are an angelic cultus, the Angels being the Nephilim that we run into in the Book of Enoch. "We have survived on tops of mountains and beneath the feet of mountains" -- consider that the mountainous regions in Northern Iraq / Southern Turkey / North-Eastern Syria / Armenia, N. W. Iran, would facilitate such a statement. Indeed the first post-diluvial cultures in the region were cave communities such as that of Shanidar cave. The Barda-Balka culture goes back 120,000 years. The earliest strata of the Shanidar culture, also goes back that far. But, when the famous Deluge of History took place, circa 10,973 B. C. E., (rather than the 10,500 B. C. E. of the Hancock / Bauval crowd) Shanidar was still going. We recommend the work, Ancient Iraq, by Georges Roux. We have been informed that some of the finds in that place included burials of goats' heads with vulture wings, and that the early priests / shamans of the area wore vulture wings as a part of their uniform, and that this was to signify the appearance of the Nephilim, or the Angels. Did our Nephilim have wings, or does it signify that they flew?

At any rate, the tops of mountains and beneath the feet of mountains gives us evidence of Yezidi culture, for there are shrines at the feet of mountains, in some of the Yezidi centres. Now are these people the followers of the Ancient Ones? If so, then is that so bad? Isn't it true, after all, that traditional family values, the perpetuation of lost, but fundamental truths, are to be considered as virtues by the people who condemn us and our kin for practicing Magick, Witchcraft, and the perpetuation of the oldest belief (and practice) system the world, and for that matter, the solar system, has ever known? Is it so bad to tap the primeval power that resides in the tectonic plates, in the gas-belts, in the atmosphere, in the vast reserves of oil and minerals that exist in and about our planet? Not as consumer goods to exploit and monopolize, mind you, but as vehicles of force, capable of performing a greater Magick than merely burning a wish scrawled on a piece of paper and given to the Priestess or Priest of the coven?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
from a dream i had years ago that i thought was a past life of mine, in it i had feathers and have been thinking about it a lot lately.

i know it's obviously not the accepted kind of evidence, but it is to me, very much so in fact.

thanks

I would like to hear a bit about your dream if/when you feel like sharing.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Im always interested in dreams...if you do care to share, I would love to hear it as well.

LV

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I found another interesting link.

The first would have been that of the Neteru or during the Zep Tepi or ) and who reigned for 13900 years. Semi-divine beings succeeded them (as other texts, like the Papyrus of Tulli, designate them as

The Shemsu Hor could be (according to what wrote, in 1894, the celebrated egyptologist Gaston Maspéro) those who had set up the Sphinx, employing all their knowledge to accomplish this task. Hieroglyphs, amongst the most ancient that are at our disposition, already discuss about the Shemsu Hor.

I like the confirmation that they are written in the Hieroglyphs.

Curiously, we were equally mentioning in that manner the Biblical Elohim; they had not been, according to certain modern translations of the Bible, nothing more than one of these beings? Whatever it might be, the Egyptians say that the Shemsu Hor had known metallurgy (divined metal at that era) which was being presented to them by Horus, himself.

Shemsu Hor dabbling in metallurgy, as was cain, and so was one of the Angels in Enocian tradition, Shemyasa, or Shemesh..........The relationship between shemsu and shem esh isn't lost on me either.

And do keep in mind the symbol for Shemesh was a five pointed star and found often in a

ncient artifacts, still used in grand style today!

According to Manethon, the latter ruled for 300 years over Egypt, furthermore, the Shemsu Hor were sometimes described as beings with a leonine aspect .

In fact, one had been sometimes employing the name of Tepi-Aui (derived from which signifies ) to designate them. His hieroglyphic symbol is a lion whose body, claws and head are perfectly recognizable. Could the Sphinx be a monument in memory of the Shemsu Hor’s passage on Earth?

The legends relative to these are numerous and varied. They make a complete allusion to an indeterminate period during which Horus would have installed himself near the Nile, would have chased away the inhabitants who were finding themselves there, and instilled an order which must have been perpetuating itself during the dynastic epoque of the pharaohs. In as much, one attributed extraordinary astronomical knowledge to the Shemsu Hor.

edit to say:

Just when I was pondering what to add to the external link the post decided to post itself, I touched nothing~~~~ hahaha!

I can refrain from commentry, but I am obligated to post the link.

www.indo.net.id...

I need to include this.

According to paroles, its because of a that the tragedy arrived. Until now, most historians who are inclined towards this document think that the star cited in the tale had been a meteorite.

Probably because there existed not a concrete term, at that time, to define a meteorite or maybe because they were really thinking that this object had been truly a , the scribe opted for the word to designate this singular manifestation of the gods. Curiously, the two ultimate ideograms represent a star with five branches and a solar disc, are those utilized in hieroglyphic writing to designate a word belonging to a semantic field of astronomical knowledge.

On the other hand, there is something which does not tally with this hypothesis: its incoherent for Egyptian tradition that an object of such nature could have succeeded in its attempt to towards the omnipotent God Ra, supposed to be represented by the radiating serpent

I would love for others to add some more thoughts! It keeps me motivated.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A poster by the name of Shawn B. expressed an interest in the idea of Gold being the flesh of the gods. I was led back to an old thread regarding the meaning if Amen and I found a couple of references, one is an image of Shemsu hor and one refers to the Gold as the metal of which the Gods are made.

Thou art beloved for thy words, [Which are] the satisfaction of the gods. Thou art the King of heaven, thou didst make the stars.

Thou art beloved for thy words, [Which are] the satisfaction of the gods. Thou art the King of heaven, thou didst make the stars. Thou art the tcham metal (gold) of the gods (i.e., the gold out of which the gods are made). p. 37

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/UR

Her-Semsu, or Horus the Aged.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I have spent some time reading this entire thread, and I must say I have enjoyed it.

Is it awful for me to say I have read just about everything new, and decided to look at some of the older threads until something else pops up?

I consider this a nugget, and while some have been less than accepting of what you presented, it somehow resonates with me at the moment.

You put what you found "out there" in your quest for knowledge, doing a lot of research, and I find that admirable.

For me this thread is, sort of syncronistic. I have tried to find out about a lot of this, myself.

Oddly, I find there is somebody or something trying to tell me something.

When I was growing up in the suburbs of Chicago, we took field trips quite often to the Field Museum in Chicago. I once was so fascinated while in 3rd grade, that I stayed in the Egyptian part of the Museum while the rest of my class loaded on the bus, causing my teacher to panic and send out the troops looking for me. I have also spent hours on end in the Native American exhibit at the museum. I love that place!

Even before that age, I used to tell my Mom that I was going to be an archeologist when I grew up. A dream I never fullfilled.

I end up in the oddest places at times that I think are telling me something.

I moved to Phoenix, just in time for the Phoenix lights, and after living there for some years I moved to Louisiana, and my main residence is in a small town called Mt. Hermon. Imagine my chills one day when I googled that town name for grins, and found out about the history of Mt. Hermon.

Since July, I have been traveling around the country and am currently living in a small town just outside of Cahokia, Illinois. The place that has the largest concentration of man made pyramids in the U.S.

I have had opportunity, when the weather is good, to go exploring. Did you know there is a Woodhenge, here?

For some reason, I end up in the places I have, and with your research, even if I don't agree with all of it, I do believe I am supposed to be getting some sort of message.

edit to add:

I love books, and had an odd situation recently. I have been anting to read a book called "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," for some time. I went to a Goodwill store recently, where I search for books, and neatly piled on top of a row, were three books, that are awesome. One being the one I mentioned. The others are titled, "The Genesis Prayer," written by a mathmetician, and a book called "Ishmael."

It's like somebody or something left them in a neat pile to find, all three of them, for me!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Thank you for taking the time to read the thread.

It turned into a compilation of many ideas. I found the thread to be a place to throw together much of what I was able to find and was hoping to draw from others somewhat of a synopsis.

Your comments were genuine and heartfelt. I think it is awesome that you found the three books you were looking for, and cheap, too! Simply magical, indeed.

If you find any literature in your looking about to bring here please do!

LeoVirgo sent me a good link I will find and post up that relates, as well!

Have a great day!

IA

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was getting around to posting that link and got lost reading *smiles* imagine that....

So anyways, I thought the following link was interesting

en.wikipedia.org...-4

*There are many references to the Shashu of Canaan being of large stature and of Indo European appearance. Papyrus Anastasi I says they were four of five cubits (7 feet tall). References to the Nephilim refer to them as the sons of god. Og the king of Bashan and the last of the Rephaim had a bed nine cubits in length and four cubits in width. "In the fourteenth year Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him came and subdued the Rephaim in Ashterothkarnaim, the Zuzim in Ham, the Emim in Shavehkiriathaim" (Genesis 14:5 RSV)The Emim were reputadly tall as the Anakim who lived in the south near Hebron. There are references to Goliath of the Phillistines and Samson which make them out to be giants. Shasu of Yahweh is a term that appears in Egyptian inscriptions of the 18th and 19th Dynasties (c. 1540-1190 B.C.). One, found at Amarah or Amrah in Upper Nubia, dates to the reign of Seti I (c. 1300 B.C.). An earlier inscription, probably from the reign of Amenhotep III (c. 1400 B.C.) was found at the Temple of Amun in Soleb, Sudan. Early identifications of this name were cautious, as Siegfried H. Horn stated, "Whether one of the Edomite tribal names bearing the name Yahweh (t3 š3sw yhw) implies that Edomites were followers of the god Yahweh or whether the name of the tribe has only a curious coincidence with the name of the Israelite god is still undecided."*

I feel that root words carry from language to language so I found this interesting that the Shashu were a tall people, fair skinned ect...nothing saying that Shashu and Shemsu Hor are one in the same, but mabey we can see a people carrying over from a former people.

Then I found this other read, Ive yet to look into the Author and the sources the Author uses, but the Shemsu Hor are mentioned several times in it....

www.scribd.com...

It is kinda of a long read but was interesting that it related the Shemsu Hor with the Anunnaki.

I read somewhere that the word Shemsu originated with Babylon and their word for 'sun'.

Always interesting, always

LV

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Great addition to the thread as always, LeoVirgo!

I am back on the scene, looking for more about this mysterious peoples from Egypt.

We will see what can be found.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I got to the part where you had the first Pharaoh of Egypt buried in Ireland...and stopped reading.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I completely understand. I don't think that the pharaoh was buried in Ireland.

What I attempted to do in this thread was bring together the many writings I could find on the Shemsu Hor with the expectation that the reader could find something to either build upon or provoke thought.

I have not told a story nor am I claiming to know just who the shemsu hor are/were.

As with many older tales there is much missing from the historical record.

Perhaps you would consider going back where you left off and finishing the thread while leaving behind that which you find incredulous and see if there is anything that peaks your interest.

Thanks for posting up, anyway~!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I was always under the impression the Atlanteans were suppose to be descendants of Poseidon and not Horus. Also I don't think Atlantis will ever be pinpointed. If the stories actually true. There's too many remains already found scattered in oceans that resemble lost civilizations. Atlantis could be any of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NordicMan

Thanks for the input.

I guess what I am trying to establish or at least open for consideration a race of beings that brought knowledge and taught systems of teachings to the Egyptians.

There have been "rumors" and pictures eluding to this from many sources.

There have been elongated skulls found from thousands of years ago.

My own belief is that this race most likely "came down" to earth and left it's legacy through teachings and then went back to whence they come.

Some say they are tied to the Syrian Star system.

As always, I carry more questions than answers.

This is (as previously stated) a thread that requires group participation and the thoughts of many who have run across references to this mysterious peoples.

Please take what interests you and leave the rest behind as I have added a multitude of sources which naturally do not all project the same beliefs.

And yes, many equate sirius with aquatic sources, is it not possible that the sky, earth , and ocean cannot somehow be connected to the human experience?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Very interesting nonetheless. What do you think of Hitler's claims of Nordic's being descended from Atlanteans? As far as I know they were all debunked and based on a crack pot theory. It's still interesting that he would spend all that money to send expedition's into Tibet to try and back them up.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Personally I think he was more influenced by Mdm Blavatsky and the distortion of the Great White Superman. I believe he was attempting to create the ultimate physical vehicle for these supposed supermen to incarnate into human form.

He was used by many like thule, vril, etc.............

I remember a quote by Hitler at the end of his time when he said "I have seen these superman and they are" can't remember the end of the quote but they scared the bejezus out of him!

I also feel it is possible he was aware of a bloodline that could oppose his world domination plan hence the extermination of the many.

Let's not forget that the experiments he facilitated were and are still being used by many other countries and the elite.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
reply to

I guess what I am trying to establish or at least open for consideration a race of beings that brought knowledge and taught systems of teachings to the Egyptians.

Hi interestedalways! I've read the opening OP, and have been reading through the thread pages/posts to get an idea of what you're attempting to show. Most of the material is interesting, and alludes to many myths that appear to have some solid connection to the truth.

However, I was at a book sotre a few months back, speaking with an elder fellow who's interest was Egyptian lore. Nice guy, but he seemed almost agitated, as though seeking clues that would help him connect the links of his knowledge. So, I said, 'have you ever read "The Hathor Material," by Tom Kenyon?'

He told me no, what was it about, etc. I told him about the book, and his eyes seemed to light up a bit, and then he turned back to the old used book shelf section on Egyptology. I turned back to mine (ufo abductions, at the time). About two seconds later he exclaimed, 'Here it is!' Sure enough, he had found a new, cellophane-wrapped copy, the only one on the shelf, in a used-book store! And it was right smack in front of his face, at head level! We talked some more, he bought the book, and left.

Tom Kenyon claims that the Hathors were the ancient multidimensional race of beings who brought their spiritual teachings and knowledge to the Egyptian culture. Indeed, they claim to have come by way of the Sirius Portal, to our solar system, on request from the Melchizedek's (which group you've referred to a number of times in this thread, though not by name that I saw, just their members).

You might wish to purchase the book and further your investigation with something more current. I'm convinced after many years of studying the works of the Hathors. A slight perusal won't grant much insight: deeper study will possibly surprise, especially with some background insight on the author(s). Here's their interesting site (mods, please remove the link if it seems too commercial: that is not my intent: just content interest):
Hathor Archives

[edit on 13-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I thought the Atlantean theory at least what I remember from the discovery channel came from one of his right hand men that was a sort of mystic. I forget his name. Where did you hear this about the Supermen? I understand the fundamental concept being to breed a superior Aryan race/person/soldier. I still don't understand how such a person would become a Superman and have not heard the incarnation theory. I am interested in this because people joke with me about my Aryan/Thor looks, minus the Fabio hair and ridiculous rippage.

Let's not forget that the experiments he facilitated were and are still being used by many other countries and the elite.

I am not fully aware of this? What experiments?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hmmmm.

I got the feeling it was a possession type thing, given willingly.

Some believe their are certain characteristics tha facilitate this transformation.

I don't really know. Do some creative keyword searches and see what you get.

Even President Truman is said to have said he saw the superman and they scared him to death!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ty. I'll look into it and post anything notable

[edit on 13-2-2009 by NordicMan]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join