It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Man Flu'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is more for laughs than anything else. I have suffered this malady twice this year, with the girlfriend rolling her eyes; even laughing at my plight. Anyone else out there have a similar experience? I'm real tough until I get a sore throat, then it's couch time and whining until the better half brings me a popsicle. I have a sneaking suspicion that any guy will grin and bear a broken arm, but turns into a sissy when they get a cough.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That is exactly what I told my husband. LOL If he has the sniffles or a cough then he acts like he is close to death. Yet I can work through it and still function and look after everybody else. When everyone else is alright again, then it is my turn to go down. However not the same way as he does. I still have to function around the house and go to work.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Like they say, Ginger did everything Fred did, but in high heels.

And Pioneer women were the tough ones. They did everything the men did, but wearing 10lbs of petticoats and a whale bone corset.

Ah-ha!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yhea I got it as we speak, knew I shouldn't of been kissing Raustin!
And it is defiantly MAN flu, if a bird got this particular strain I wouldn't hold out much hope for her recovery
- of course I am naturally immune to H5N1 due to the fact I am a bloke.

I'm here with the fire right up, wearing all my sweat shirts and a fleece - doped up, got a chicken ready to go in the oven with roast tattys and loads of greens. Just wish I had a bottle of whiskey

Good thing is I only work agency assignments at the moment, so I don't work if I don't wanna (between real jobs yet again!)... Bad thing is if I don't work I don't get paid!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't get sick very often but when I do I use the curative powers of daytime TV to get well . If my wife asks how I'm feeling and I say anything other than I'm fine, she calls me a big wimp. So what are you supposed to do. You're sick. I don't want to go to work and infect the rest of the office. So, I stay home and get verbally abused by my better half if I tell the truth.

So, my approach now is to not tell her how I feel. When asked I reply.."Just fine" That can be pretty funny if you're in the bathroom puking your guts out.

I broke a bone recently. My wife was surprised when I didn't whine about it. She actually asked me about it. I told her that I was tired of the abuse that she'd given me in the past so the only thing that will ever pass my lips is that I feel fine because any truthful answer just gets me verbal abuse.

Most likely my last words before I die will be "I just fine....what's that bright light?"

top topics

join