It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/ORB Buenos Aires on Coast2Coast website

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Very interesting Orb video i seen on Coast to Coast and wanted to see what everyone thinks it might be ?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Solid round shape? Check
Constant direction and speed? Check

It looks like a balloon.

Would be nice to see original non-youtubed video though, because it looks like it's been filmed with a decent camera

Bring on the flamers coz I called it a balloon

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

People are only going to laugh not at the fact you call it a balloon, that was expected but at your reasons. Have you seen a balloon before?

Perfect round shape? Really? Funny because I thought very FEW balloons were perfectly round?

Constant speed? What is this? Turbo balloon? I think you will find balloons are driven by wind dear chap and wind GUSTS, they are neither constant in speed, very rarely in direction, and certainly not in altitude.

As for what it is, not idea really. Doesnt look like a bird or swamp gas and it certainly isnt a balloon or anything else wind blown otherwise its movement would be very different.

Maybe some remote control thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I won't flame you. But, did you watch the whole video, because toward the end it does seem to stop or at least slow down considerably before taking off again. It also floats sideways and not up, which may be possible for a balloon, but certainly not what I'd expect.

I don't know if it was pixelation, but when the cam zooms in real close it looks to have some sort of aura around it too.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I thought you might pop up, look, why do you think I said it would be nice to see the original footage? to have a better look maybe?

BTW
Big Round Balloon:

I wonder if it will float with helium in it?

Oh and when I say 'round' I don't mean perfectly cylindrical...just so you know.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i don't know about it being a balloon, it seems to be perfectly round and it didn't react to being near the first antenna.

wouldn't the wind be affected by the structure and cause a balloon to waiver in some way ? i didn't see any evidence that happened.

looked like the Orb was unaffected by the structure.

second antenna or structure around the 25 second mark...the orb seems to deviate or jump up ? but i can't tell if it's the camera man doing it or not ?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Science dear boy, if it was helium then it would be rising constantly. It moves in a linear sideways direction with almost stable velocity, that doesnt fit with wind. It then rises upwards with very little sidewards movement, again at a pretty constant velocity, that doesnt fit with wind.

Whatever it is would appear to be something controlled more than blown, a remote control something or, well, I guess something else, could be some kind of kite although I dont see any strings and the movements are a little odd for a kite, however kites are very popualr here in aregtnina and they come in ALL shapes and ALL sizes, some of them are pretty impressive things really.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You can hear the wind in the camera mic. Nice breeze and the thing is moving right along.

The object is moving steadily up and away.

It doesn't look perfectly spherical to me.

Unequivocal balloon.

It moves beside the tower (relative to the wind). No reason for it to encounter turbulence unless it was immediately downwind of the tower. Even then the spidery structure probably would not create much disturbance.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is the translation from the youtube page:
info: glaucoart A mysterious Biconvex Ufo of Dark Brown aspect it finishes furrowing to the air ceiling of the zone Norte and Nor/the West of the Federal Capital of Argentina. ,
This I am in first instance classified like UFO, by its strange Celestial behavior , with a very slow displacement and completely it signs without fluctuations, that is to say, but similar to something Orbital and directed.
The Phenomenon I am observed and registry at least during 4 minutes and moved towards the N/N/O 3000 to an approximated altitude of mts The inference commented here also deepened when observing the event. , not only by equipment of video, but also with Binoculars of great field and exelente optical definition. (This was not one confucion, the visual zones of influence were from I reddle, Palermo, Belgrano and possibly to Nuñez.
Watching towards the River of the Silver. That one that wants to put the image in negative, dara tells quickly, that it is of I throw the same interpretation in image (obvious inferred by those clear contours but) that the recorded Biconvex Ufos in times of the night. \

Make what you will of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, ill just disregard balloon theory right off the bat. Wind gusts, espcially in that area of Buesnos Aires which is right over the mouth of La Plata.

If anyone can go there and get a ballon to drift along in a straight line sideways at constant speed ill give them a million, as it stands I doubt anyone could even produce a video of a balloon doing it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Solid round shape? Check
Constant direction and speed? Check

It looks like a balloon.

I disagree, it looks more to me like a giant full stop or maybe the dot from an exclamation mark.

It probably escaped from the end of a sentence on a billboard or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How would you explain the light variances at the top and the bottom of the "balloon" then? There is one point in the vid. where it's zoomed in the closest and you see a flickering.

That is what I found the most interesting... otherwise I might say it looks like a balloon as well.

-anyone

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You can hear the wind in the camera mic. Nice breeze and the thing is moving right along.

The object is moving steadily up and away.

It doesn't look perfectly spherical to me.

Unequivocal balloon.

It moves beside the tower (relative to the wind). No reason for it to encounter turbulence unless it was immediately downwind of the tower. Even then the spidery structure probably would not create much disturbance.

doesn't appear to me to be moving up

and i also think the structure would make a balloon waiver or change it's actions in some way.

there would surely be some wind disturbance from the tower structure and the Orb is from what i can tell close enough to the tower to be affected by it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I disagree, it looks more to me like a giant full stop or maybe the dot from an exclamation mark.

It probably escaped from the end of a sentence on a billboard or something.

nice ! case closed thank you

just when you thought you'd heard it all

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

They dont, explanation isnt needed for ballon theory.

Anyway, anyone who has ever been there ( I have) will know its a pretty gusty place, in fact I live next to the Parana river and its almost always windy, the higher you get the windier it gets and the wind tends to gust and twist. If that was a balloon it would by bouncing around up there like...well like a balloon in the wind.

Could be a kite I guess although it seems to go very high, but they do fly a lopt of kites over here and in all shapes and sizes, yes orb shaped ones, triangles, ovals, the works, they even do kite formation flying so im not ruling a kite out.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix

Science dear boy, if it was helium then it would be rising constantly. It moves in a linear sideways direction with almost stable velocity, that doesnt fit with wind. It then rises upwards with very little sidewards movement, again at a pretty constant velocity, that doesnt fit with wind.

Whatever it is would appear to be something controlled more than blown, a remote control something or, well, I guess something else, could be some kind of kite although I dont see any strings and the movements are a little odd for a kite, however kites are very popualr here in aregtnina and they come in ALL shapes and ALL sizes, some of them are pretty impressive things really.

Science dear boy? I hope you're not patronising me there.

Science is a wierd thing indeed, I found this youtube vid, done by a kid, he looks I dunno 10? anyway he has a round balloon and has got just enough helium in it to stay put. Of course it is still susceptible to wind.

So what if what's in the OP's video is a balloon where the helium level is low enough for it to hold a steady height? Not hard to believe no?

So all it would take is a steady wind to move it along, again it's not out of the question.

So really I think I've done my part in attempting to explain the footage as best I can.

So, dear boy, if you disagree with me, do so with an explanation of your own.

Edited to add:
I notice you think it may be a kite, most kites I've seen fly around tend to buffet in the wind and tend to hang around in a small area, you know coz it's attached to a string being held by someone/something. Unless whoever is holding the kite is running along the ground at a great pace. does that make sense?

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

But it doesnt stay put, it moves along horizontal for a while and then it goes off way upwards for no apparent reason.

To me that doesnt look like a balloon being blown by the wind, you would expect a great deal more movement, not linear direction, cross winds, looping, moving erratically, thats what balloons do in the wind.

It would have to be a huge heavy balloon to have any kind of stability in the wind and it doesnt look like a huge heavy balloon to me. Balloons are light and unpredictable, they get blown around like balloons.

Its easy for anyone to test, go outside and toss a balloon in the wind and you will see for yourself, they bob and dart and twist and float as you woukld expect a very ligth object to do in the wind.

You would need to come here and watch some of the "pro" flight fliers. They arent just regular kites and believe me what they can do with a kite is pretty amazing. Just last week I was watching a formation flying of ten INDIVIDUAL kites, tubes I think they were, flying airplain formaions, diving banking, swooping down, not a single one out of place and never a cross wire.

They really do like their kites over here and in the parks when they have a kite gathering its some pretty impressive stuff, so im sure any of those dudes out practicing could keep the illusion of a straight line.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

You might of missed my edit but what you're explaining will also effect a kite in the same way.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I added the answer, im not saying it IS a kite, but id go more for kite than I would balloon.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree. I went back and listened and heard how gusty it was and it seems that the camara vantage point is high up like the orb is so you would expect to see it jerking around if it was a balloon.

I am intrigued indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join