It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woops: McCain Funded Rashid Khalidi

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by jibeho

“IRI’s relationship with CPRS ended in 2000, and we understand that it no longer exists.” From 1990-2000. That is ten years of support. So either stop claiming Rashid to be a terrorist or say he is and McCain supports terrorism. The guy may hate Israel but so do hundreds of millions. Israel is not pure and innocent. There is a reason that nine year old boy who is missing an arm and nearly starving to death hates them.

I am not claiming that Rashid is a terrorist. Rashid is a person of questionable character with highly suspicious connections with a variety of groups. The Israelis knew about the grants and gave no cause for concern at the time 1990's. Not everything was known about Rashid at this time. Once again the money was granted to CPRS not Rashid. McCain had no personal connection with Rashid. End of Story.

Read back through the thread that you created. Read everything. The answers are all there. Do your research next time instead of waiting for others to do it for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Democratic presidential frontrunner Sen. Barack Obama served as a paid director on the board of a nonprofit organization that granted funding to a controversial Arab group that mourns the establishment of Israel as a "catastrophe."

A question to you -- do you think that for a particular group of Arabs who happen to have formerly inhabited the Palestine, the Israeli policies were a catastrophe (without that smart @ss double quotes).

a) Yes
b) No

(Obama has also reportedly spoken at fundraisers for Palestinians living in what the United Nations terms refugee camps.)

Raising money for refugees is a bad thing?

a) Yes
b) No

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

First and foremost, those statements were quoted from the Jewish Press not me. I was trying to add some substance to this thread that has gobbled up so much effort. I am also pro Israel but I am not an expert on Israeli policy. There is certainly room for improvement in that region. Unfortunately, the pain runs very deep there. I do not have the answer.

Secondly, raising money for war refugees is certainly a noble cause.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You claim he's a terrorist, and now he's not? "Although AAAN co-founder Rashid Khalidi has at times denied working directly for the PLO, he reportedly served as director of the official PLO press agency WAFA in Beirut from 1976 to 1982, a period during which the PLO committed scores of anti-Western attacks and was labeled by the U.S. as a terror group. Khalidi's wife, Mona Khalidi, reportedly was WAFA's English translator during that period.

Khalidi also advised the Palestinian delegation to the Madrid Conference in 1991. During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a "racist" state. Critics have accused him of excusing Palestinian terrorism, a charge he denies. " andf Theodore John Kaczynski aka The Unabomber was a Harvard Undergrad and a professor in California. An Ivy League education does not give you a free pass in life. Khalidi and Obama have close ties although Obama would never call him a friend.

That is three examples, just from you, calling or comparing Rashid to a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

You claim he's a terrorist, and now he's not? "Although AAAN co-founder Rashid Khalidi has at times denied working directly for the PLO, he reportedly served as director of the official PLO press agency WAFA in Beirut from 1976 to 1982, a period during which the PLO committed scores of anti-Western attacks and was labeled by the U.S. as a terror group. Khalidi's wife, Mona Khalidi, reportedly was WAFA's English translator during that period.

Khalidi also advised the Palestinian delegation to the Madrid Conference in 1991. During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a "racist" state. Critics have accused him of excusing Palestinian terrorism, a charge he denies. " andf Theodore John Kaczynski aka The Unabomber was a Harvard Undergrad and a professor in California. An Ivy League education does not give you a free pass in life. Khalidi and Obama have close ties although Obama would never call him a friend.

That is three examples, just from you, calling or comparing Rashid to a terrorist.

Once again, either you can't read or you can't comprehend. Half of what you just posted was taken from an article in a news source that I credited and provided a link to and the other half you are taking out of context. Once again for that last time I did not call Rashid a terrorist. Get your story straight and read the facts. The only reason that you are straining your brain so hard is because he is friends with Obama.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

But he's not a terrorist. Unless you admit that McCain funded a terrorist and funds terrorism for a decade. And actually that's a main beef of mine. According to you and the others McCain, an REAL American Hero, a man who fought for this country supports terrorism. That for a decade he funded a terrorist.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

But he's not a terrorist. Unless you admit that McCain funded a terrorist and funds terrorism for a decade. And actually that's a main beef of mine. According to you and the others McCain, an REAL American Hero, a man who fought for this country supports terrorism. That for a decade he funded a terrorist.

Maybe you should stop for 15 minutes, and look at the facts.
Here are facts, the truth, watch this video, parts of which contain factual information about Khalidi, write them down as you hear them, then do your own research to disprove that what is being said in this video is not factual.
Don't skip thru this video, don't say "Oh it's Fox News"..LISTEN and WRITE down the facts they give, then find where it is not factual.
www.citizenslim.com...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

You realize proving Rashid is a terrorist to claim that Obama pals around with terrorists means you prove McCain funded terrorism for a decade.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I last posted the video at 12:03pm..You reply 9 minutes later..The video is over 45 minutes long..Thats why you are not as informed as you could be.
Watch the video.
www.citizenslim.com...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

You realize I don't need to. Is the guy an anti Israel person? I know that. But to call him a terrorist because he hates Israel means that McCain funded a terrorist. The more you fight me on this guy being a terrorist the more you prove McCain funds terrorism. Are you really willing to cut your nose off to spite your face?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you willing to grow up, do a little homework and check out facts?
Evidently not.
www.citizenslim.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It was not McCain's own money, it was International Republican Institute monies - which McCain was chairman of.

The money went to the Center for Palestinian Research Studies, see grant 5180 . Yes Khalidi is a co-founder and trustee of the CPRS.

The International Republican Institute, funded by taxpayer and private money, is active in dozens of countries, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. The institute was created in 1983 during the Cold War and made the Arizona senator chairman of its board in January 1993. McCain has said U.S. foreign policy should promote democracy abroad.

The International Republican Institute has large programs in Russia, China, Afghanistan, Sudan, Colombia, Indonesia, Pakistan and Iraq.
source

This is a completely different ballgame than a direct contribution to a person. In fact, a Chairman of the Board rarely even deals with the decisions of where funds are allocated, there are separate committees that determine who will get funded and for what project.

The IRI gave funds to the CPRS. The spin required to change this fact into the the fallacy that McCain gave Khalidi money is enough to make any person with critical thinking skills dizzy.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why is this topic even continuing? Khalidi is in no way, shape or form a terrorist. If we're classifying people as "terrorists" simply because they provide opposition to the conventional world view, in this case, in his journalistic writings, then we can now safely ascertain that we as a society are spiraling down into total civil oblivion. We have subject ourselves to the placations of a fear inducing government. We have finally lost all control of our individuality. And now, any deviant is considered an enemy. This makes us all radicals and extremists, by the way, in the ideological sense at least.

Using the term "terrorist" so liberally will foster an unwarranted national fervor, which puts anyone that isn't a "true" American at risk, of physical violence, and public exile.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

Starred. But wait for it, as they keep posting, Rashid is a tewwawist. But not when McCain was funding him. For the ten years McCain gave him money he was an American Ally. But when he met Obama he morphed in to a ebil wittle tewwawist. I'm just trying to point out either the guy was always a terrorist, and thus McCain funded terrorism, OR, he's not a terrorist and there is no problem. And as I have stated before I fall in the guy is not a terrorist, and McCain did not fund a terrorist and Obama did not pal around with terrorists. But they keep insisting that he's a terrorist despite my best efforts. How they can say McCain, a man who nearly died for America, can sponsor a terrorist I can't tell you. I may have my problems with the guy but unlike the GOP I'm not about to call every one McCain associates and pals around with a terrorist just to take a shot.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

For the ten years McCain gave him money he was an American Ally.

Do you have a source to cite for proof that McCain gave Khalidi money for 10 yrs? or is this just your "opinion"?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just curious here. So if your friends with someone for years, and altho strange they seemed ok, then one day the guy massacres his family or climbs a water tower with a rifle and takes out a campus somewhere, does that make you supportive of what he does? I would think that it wouldnt, unless you decided to pal around with the guy after he decided to go on a psychotic shooting spree.
I know its not exactly the same situation because McCain wasnt ever friends with the guy or personally associated, but thats kinda the analogy that comes to mind with his association. Obama clearly decided to have the man "for tea" after he decided to "freak out". Maybe that will make the lines a lil clearer for the OP.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

For the ten years McCain gave him money he was an American Ally.

Do you have a source to cite for proof that McCain gave Khalidi money for 10 yrs? or is this just your "opinion"?

“In the 1990s, IRI gave grants to the Center for Palestinian Research and Studies (CPRS) for polling in the West Bank/Gaza. The polls measured support for the peace process, for various Palestinian political groups, and for efforts to enhance governance in the West Bank/Gaza. At that time no other organization could credibly conduct polling in the West Bank/Gaza.

“We understand that Rashid Khalidi was one of the many founders of CPRS, and we understand that he was for some (unclear) amount of time a board member. IRI did not in the 1990s conduct background checks of grantees’ founders or board members. IRI did on a number of occasions vet CPRS as an organization, including, as was our custom, with the Israeli government, and we were given no cause for concern.

“We do not recall any contact between Mr. Khalidi and IRI, and there is no evidence that Mr. Khalidi benefited in any way from IRI's grants.

“Other organizations that reportedly gave funding to CPRS include the National Endowment for Democracy, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Center for International Private Enterprise, the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, the Japanese Embassy, and Germany’s Friedrich Naumann Stiftung.

“IRI’s relationship with CPRS ended in 2000, and we understand that it no longer exists.”

www.iri.org...

1990-2000 the board gave Rashid the money. McCain, the Top Dog, the Decider of the board, gave it to Rashid's group.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Actually they have stuff linked to the PLO well before 1990. "served as director of the official PLO press agency WAFA in Beirut from 1976 to 1982, a period during which the PLO committed scores of anti-Western attacks and was labeled by the U.S. as a terror group." www.jewishpress.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I were American I really wouldn't care who was "palling" around with whom. If the media provided as much impact today on our general awareness back fifty years ago or more, we would definitely be more aware today that leaders representing large political bodies have been in direct contact with our public "enemies" for as long as there has been governance. It is not something new. It is, however, something that will continue to happen, and now because of the greater degree of scrutiny exacted by the media, these meetings will occur in far greater secrecy.

And what's worse; What I can't rationally conclude, being from Canada myself, is that now each and every one of your decisions for this upcoming election will be based on either party's association with these "terrorists". Khalidi's intentions toward Israel are clear and transparent. It is one emulated by every Nationalist Arab in that region of the world. Just as the spread of Democracy is one of every Nationalist American in the West. This cultural dissonance is getting too far. Although he is not directly involved in the actions of any terrorist plot, and his administration might be funding smaller terrorist organizations; that is irrelevant and he shouldn't be labeled one. Do you see the trap that you are all falling for? You've become products of a highly politicized fear, embellished by the long established political orders of your government, and social orders of your public.

Anyway, do you want a President who can serve his country, or one (McCain) who is purely a National, whose only goal is the perpetuation of a long established political agenda? Nationalism is the basest of all human qualities, in my humble opinion; it leads to strife and interminable, internecine conflict. It takes people nowhere. If you've read your History books, you might be able to predict the likely outcome of an ideological war between West and East. It has been repeated since Cyrus the Great invaded Greece, and will continue until "All of Greece comes unto Persia, or all of Persia comes unto Greece," or similarly, if you can't make the connection, until "All of the West comes unto the East, or all the East comes unto the West."

You are all unwittedly part of a grand scheme of total proportions. In order to capture the King, one must first move the Pawns.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

Heck we would have known Reagan was working with Iran, Bush with Saddam, Clinton with Russia, Bush to Bin Laden, and that's just the presidents I've been alive through. Also, Rashid supports Obama because Obama supports his cause for getting land for his people. Palestinians were there then booted off their land. They have reason to be upset and want land back. Does it mean they want Israel wiped off the map? Not really. It just means they want land back that was stolen from them. Like how Native Americans want their land back. Or are you going to claim that Native Americans are terrorists? *This last part is not targeted at you but the ones who are claiming John McCain funded terrorism for a decade.*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join