It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Flipping In West Virginia : Election Fraud Or Computer Error?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was perusing Youtube tonight for Non-Profit/Activisim videos, and came across these interesting videos and thought I would share them with ATS.

Is this a peek into the things that are about to come for our nation following the "Hanging Chad" incident here in Florida, in 2000, for West Viriginia in, 2008?

When the election is less than two weeks away, I thought it might be an interesting thought and to see what people here on this conspiracy theory website thought on this possibility.

WV Vote Flipping Testimonial : YouTube

WV Vote Flipping Caught on Tape : YouTube

Re: WVA Vote Flipping Caught on Tape : YouTube

Let's see what you think about it.

Since so many people already consider the election process "bought and paid for" via the large consortiums of the elitists who give huge campaign contributions and lobbyists who essentially go through the means of legal surrogate bribery to keep a politicians hooked via their checkbook, I figured this might be an interesting topic to start a thread on.

I know a lot of people, as a matter of fact, almost everyone I know, believe Bush stole the election in 2000, and no I did not vote for Gore.

I do not support corrupt politics in any way, shape, or form.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Personally, I feel it is voter fraud perpetrating itself as a computer glitch. This is one of the most important issues facing America today. If your vote does not count then we do not have the country we have been brought up to believe we have, a democracy/constitutional republic.

Here is the main issue I have with electronic voting. Given the frequency of "glitches", the possibility or reality for computer hacking, and the lack of a "paper trail", I feel that the downsides to electronic voting clearly outweigh any possible upsides. I am sure electronic voting is sold to election committees as a cost savings in terms of dollars and time. However, this cost saving benefit is clearly outweighed by the cost of losing our right to a fair and provable election.

Please watch the documentary "Hacking Democracy", it is currently being shown on HBO and I am sure is viewable on the internet. It clearly shows how electronic voting is infinitely fallible.

We should all make it an issue in our local communities to end electronic voting by the 2012 election. If we don't, we will forever be doomed by a system dominated by stealing elections instead of winning them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

Thanks for the comment and I agree wholeheartedly with what you said in all aspects.

Does anyone here on ATS really and truly trust the political system, let alone the politicians who whore themselves out to big interests?

Not I.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Does anyone here on ATS really and truly trust the political system, let alone the politicians who whore themselves out to big interests?

About as much as I would trust a rattlesnake that I'm poking with a stick!

I think I would add the media to the list of who not to trust.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Bottom line is this, once you have voted, you have no real way to authenticate that your vote was actually counted, especially using a computer, I see problems as many of you others might be able to identify everyday utilizing touch screen ATM machines.

I have seen where when you press an amount, say 20$ and it will pick 40$ the or the amount above where you press and it sometimes takes several presses to register your pick, this is especially true in a mall, so it is easy to imagine this type of glitch using a touch screen voting machine, even if calibrated this margin of error is unacceptable to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Bottom line is this, once you have voted, you have no real way to authenticate that your vote was actually counted, especially using a computer, I see problems as many of you others might be able to identify everyday utilizing touch screen ATM machines.

I have seen where when you press an amount, say 20$ and it will pick 40$ the or the amount above where you press and it sometimes takes several presses to register your pick, this is especially true in a mall, so it is easy to imagine this type of glitch using a touch screen voting machine, even if calibrated this margin of error is unacceptable to me.

And your post is exactly right, as a matter of fact it's dead on.

Technology is not to be trusted in events like this, especially something as important as an election, let alone the potential for voting fraud by the corrupt politicians who pay people, or at the least influence people into fixing the election to begin with.

You can take the movie "Man of the Year" as a prime example where Robin Williams character is elected because of a computer voting machine "glitch."

Would any past, present, or future politicians you know step down if they knew they were elected via a glitch? Not likely.

None have that kind of integrity.

Here's an example of that in a YouTube video.

Would McCain or Obama do it?

Not on your life.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I thank the PTB every day that my state votes by mail. I infact voted yesterday and dropped my ballot off at the library on my way home from work. Go Obama!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I thank the PTB every day that my state votes by mail. I infact voted yesterday and dropped my ballot off at the library on my way home from work. Go Obama!!!

Well, voting by mail just means they can conveiniantly lose your ballot, or not count it because it's "illegible" by playing dirty politics.

We will see what this years voting scandal has for the United States of America.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is irritating to say the least that the Government would expect its citizens to rely on what seems potentially faulty equipment for voting.

That is of course, if it's faulty, and not a pre-planned event on behalf of a certain political party.

new topics

top topics

join