It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Rock (SNL Skit aired only once, then cut from all future reruns)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Biting The Tentacle That Feeds

The irony of broadcasting something like this on NBC is itself quite priceless.

However, it would be funnier if it wasn't true.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There's no viruses in the video, it's simply a google video. If it's acting weird, I posted a youtube link to the video as well. There's no way the person who uploaded the video could have embedded a virus, and I doubt google would want to infect your computer with anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a skit was censored by nbc, it's about the bailout bill

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow I saw that skit when it aired and well let's say i was under the influence of a salad with mushrooms and it blew me away. Such a profound moment and i've never been able to find it since that night. Thanks !!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikessong
I believe lots of things like this get cut.

There's also the skit where the Wall Street bankers say they knew about 9/11 beforehand. I doubt that one will appear in reruns. That skit aired in 2002 I believe, but I don't remember. Wish I could find a copy of that video to watch it again, but I can't even find it on the Internet.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by mikessong]

The MEDIA groups/owners do not air each others dirty laundry and all we get is the perspective that they want us to see things from

it is very similiar to being locked in a courtroom and getting to hear the the attorney's side of the testimony all day, all month, if you don't know better you may actually believe all of it, not knowing you were only hearing the defense attorney's side of the story.

As far as the bankers knowing about 9/11 skit, god i would love to find that one, anyone honest with themselves should realize the gag order they put on 42 company's regarding the astounding insider trading regarding huge % increases in bets against the airlines involved with 9/11 are a smoking gun, regardless if there is not a consensus about the details regarding how intelligence agency's combined with some legitamite terrorist (useful idiot) hijackers who were likey allowed to commit these acts (with intelligency agency proding) assistance and support.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Wow. I haven't ever seen it put so succinctly. The network was lucky that it wasn't funny otherwise they would have had a hard time justifying burying this.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
the UTUBE link worked great for me to be able to hear it.......thanks for the reposting for me that was so kewl of you

Like everyone else all I can say is it is not funny as it is so factual......thats the so called comedic irony I guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rrrichw

The vid sound works fine for me...thanks for the post rrrichw!

Never saw this vid before, so I'm glad you posted it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Great post OP.

The TV funhouse skit in the OP, I found to be pretty funny and very true. I think that the censored SNL bailout skit mentioned by another poster is very funny. It's truly shameful that NBC is attempting to censor it. SNL has had a history of being somewhat counter culture throughout its history and IMHO when it is alowed to make skits like that is when it is at its best.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ha, I saw part of this on some truth documentary, was it the Corporation? Can't remember. Made me laugh. The audience seemed to like it pretty good. I don't supposed NBC did though. Wonder why?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Written by Robert Smigel en.wikipedia.org...

Directed by J.J. Sedelmeier www.jjsedelmaier.com...

Near as i can tell they are still alive and kicking.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Uh guys, hate to break this to you, but they've aired this clip on E in reruns. I've had either Tivo or a DVR for 6 years now and I've always had SNL re-airs set to record automatically. (not too big a fan of the new shows the past few years so I only set it to record the reruns in hopes of always getting pre-2000 episodes) I absolutely, positively KNOW I've seen this TV Funhouse at least 2 or 3 times. I guarantee I didn't see it when it originally aired because I was in college at the time and didn't watch any TV aside from sports. I basically missed SNL from right around the time Dana Carvey left to 2000 because of that fact and the only way I ever could have seen this is either from Comcast OnDemand or through a re-airing on the E network.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Perhpas you might consider looking into Edward Bernaise. Chomsky and manufacturing consent - GE not only manufacture nuclear power plants but weapons as well - how would you feel if this company was BOUGHT by China ?

Americans.....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Did you ever wonder if things "go wrong" just because it's funny to watch as the conspiracy theorists gasp about it? Sneaky suspicion. And this video belongs on Sesame Street, it just sort of had that flow to it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Episodes of SNL are butchered for rebroadcast to better suit an hour timeslot to accomodate an hour and a half show. There are skits that air live and never see the light of day again all the time - Martin Lawrence monlogue anyone? It happens. If there were any big conspiracy behind this, then someone needs to explain why noone knew who Robert Smigel was really when this aired but NBC has done just fine by him since then by keeping him on SNL and Conan as well as expanding his personal exposure. His career has done nothing but grow and as stated, this skit is included on a best of DVD so it is not exactly being covered up. Check almost any episode, you find a skit that used to be in there.

If you want to worry about SNL conspiracies, go with why Norm McDonald was fired. It does not go too deep but it is better than this one.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Lucifer Rising]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This election has me very worried. So many things to consider. About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind three times since then. I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another.
I must say this drives my husband crazy. But, I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground to work with. About six months ago, I started thinking 'where did the money come from for Obama'.
I have four daughters, who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard and there were lots of student loans.
I started looking into Obama's life.
Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California . He is very open about his two years at Occidental; he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies.
'Barry' (that was the name he use all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chando and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan . During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a 'round the world' trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia , next Hyderabad in India , three weeks in Karachi , Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family.
My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? Nether neither I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they where in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York.
It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia ? It's not cheap! To say the least.
Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe.
After Columbia he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. A year. Why Chicago ? Why not New York ? He was already living in New York .
By 'chance' he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria , and a real estate developer in Chicago . Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year. Rezko was named 'Entrepreneur of the Decade' by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association'.
About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School . Do you have any id ea what tuition is for Harvard Law School ? Where did he get the money for Law School ? More student loans?
After Law school, he went back to Chicago . Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what? They represented 'Rezar' which is Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran for office in Chicago .
In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with 'seed money' for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than the asking price).
With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire, loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.
Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was
Michele Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born? Ready for this? Shiraz , Iran !

Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going crazy?
On May 10, 2008 The Times reported that Robert Malley, advisor to Obama was 'sacked' after the press found out he was having regular contacts with 'Hamas', which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran . This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq , he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will 'Take care of things'.
Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in Pakistan ? They are in charge of all those 'small' Internet campaign contribution sites for Obama. Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East ?
And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip by Obama that was made on 'This Week' with George Stephanopoulos. Obama, on talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim faith'. When questioned about that statement, 'he made a mistake”. Some mistake!
All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to
Check it -

Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie
Jarrett:

Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981;

The Washington Times -September 7, 2008;

The Times May 10, 2008.
Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own, why haven't all of our 'intelligent' members of the press been reporting this?

A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear - 'Beware of the enemy from within'!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
Did you ever wonder if things "go wrong" just because it's funny to watch as the conspiracy theorists gasp about it? Sneaky suspicion. And this video belongs on Sesame Street, it just sort of had that flow to it.

Funny you mentioned Sesame Street. Old sesame episode DVD's are sold as "adult only" moviesNew York Times-Sesame Street

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
comics at ATS?

funny

ok, i understood the half (cause i am from Austria), but i understood the symbolic.
Aliens and Goverment and (?) holding hands *lol*

Maybe there were not the right time those years ago,
now people understand this (maybe)..

Now it is the right time, so you find it and show it to us

Nia Wind

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

How did this post get past the mods???
We already know Barack Obama is a terrorist genocidal Manchurian candidate that eats babies...live babies...little live crying babies!

Back on topic Lorne Michaels is a republican...just keep that in mind!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

go and reboot and try again--my computer does that too sometimes, the sound resets itself on reboot though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join