It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporters in PA: "Bomb Obama" "Never vote for black"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
you are kidding me right. we have posted video after video of rally after rally... you find some comments on some website... hahahahahah ok you win. lol

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I believe both sides do it. It's just the matter of prevalency, which one is worse. It's like comparing China and the US, both sides have problem with human rights issue, but which one is worse.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok guys, please let's not let this thread disintegrate as well.
The OP is neither about Obama or McCain, and it is not about Obama rallies.

I'm trying to have a discussion on whether the people in these videos represent a much greater segment of the population than we might have originally thought.

Please help me stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

So its just fine and dandy if the Obama supporters do it online? If you actually believe that, then honestly, I would have no response to that. Hate is hate, regardless of where its displayed.

Both sides are equally guilty of this inflammatory crap, it needs to stop, and the sooner both sides realize it and reign in the problem, the better.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

So its just fine and dandy if the Obama supporters do it online? If you actually believe that, then honestly, I would have no response to that. Hate is hate, regardless of where its displayed.

Both sides are equally guilty of this inflammatory crap, it needs to stop, and the sooner both sides realize it and reign in the problem, the better.

Online has no face. It has no personality to it. For all you know each of the comments was posted by the same person. WE dont know. But when we see a video, we do see the people. We see the countless amount of people who chant hate speech and call for a mans death on camera.

Sorry you cant seem to see the difference.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well I find this interesting as Pottsville is where I was born and raised, so I know the area and the people well. There is definitely a racist element to things in the area, as the video shows, though I wouldn't say that it's near as rampant as said video might suggest. Nor would I say that the McCain supporters were the only one's being disruptive or idiotic. I definitely saw that from both sides. But the Obama supporters did tend to be at least a little more well behaved.
The one thing I can guarantee you will set these people off is any hint of messing with gun rights. This area is very, very pro firearms. I think that has more to do with the anger and vileness shown than any other reason.

Now I wasn't there for the McCain rally myself (nor do I support any of the major party candidates), I was only there for my son's football game that was going on across the street. So my exposure to the whole event was just having to walk by these people on the way to the game (a special thanks to you Sen. McCain for adding a good six blocks to my walk as parking was horrendous and the weather sort of nasty to boot).

I'd just like to say that if you judged the whole area by what you saw on that video, you'd be wrong. Idiots exist everywhere, and we certainly have our share; but most aren't like that. It's just an unfortunate sampling of the least sophisticated and most simple minded examples, all gathered in one place so they can egg each other on.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Words hurt, and the thing is most of these words that these people repeat over and over in the hate filled messages were sowed by the republican candidates over and over, namely Sarah Palin unfortunately, notice whatever they say in this video is possibly every headline of a blog for the right wing republican party and these people repeatedly recite the one liners and racist messages that can be found enterwined in the slick stump speeches on the campaign trail, the power of suggestion to weak minds cannot be measured, especially when you play on fears.

If these people carry on like this next week win or lose and the months to follow what will become of the United States? this man has not done anything to anyone on a personal level, and there is a deep seeded personal hatred that is enhanced by racist thinking individuals that for the most part are completely ignorant, unable to reason and are more than like highly uneducated and unable to comprehend facts in an intelligent manner.

The McCain Campaign should be ashamed to have unleashed what it cannot undo, for one using the contemporary modern term terrorist in the wake of 911 knowing full well what a completely different dynamic and context that word holds in these times, it conjurs up negative emotions instantly when even uttered and when used cleverly to link the candidate to an activist/terrorist from the 60's and 70's knowing that it would instantly malign Obama's character and when planted in this context onto weak minds this easily places him in the same bucket by proxy as if he personally associated with Osama Bin laden and the 911 terrorist for the ignorant that cannot think for themselves and process facts.

It has now been forever etched not rightfully so but to islamic fundamentalists, hi jackers and middle easterners, some of these people protesting were in their pre adolescent years when 911 happened, terrorist has no other word association than a muslim for them, when Palin used terrorist in conjunction with the Ayers connections, this word association plays on the deeply embedded symbolism, post 911 of radical islamic fundamentalists, then to lace Obama's middle name in the mix is just a caustic cocktail of racial stereotyping that have been used in the news media since 911 and since the Iraq war started.

Say what you want but when Mr. Lewis said the the McPalin campaign was playing with fire and sowing the seeds of hate he was dead on.

I do not know what will become of America in the wake of this nonsense and the complete ignorance of people on both sides of the issues that are polarized simply on race, stereotypes and making up their minds based on complete lies and cleverly twisted facts put out there in sound bites.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
But folks, do you think that we have been mistaken in thinking this sort of bigotry is symptomatic of a small group of "bad apples?"

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
These folks are Americans. Racist, apparently not so bright, willing to pridefully espouse their ignorance and hatred in front of thier own children, but Americans all the same.

I hope someday soon these people figure out what that means...all of us descended from immigrants who fled intolerance and opression, different cultures and races of the world gathering together to form the greatest nation on earth.

Our diversity is our greatest strength and when it is championed we are at our very strongest, we innovate and adapt, we are a light to the world.

Intolerance weakens us as a nation. It is a cancer spread from parent to child. It undermines the very premise of America. It is just that simple.

Abraham Lincoln was our first Republican president and as a first order of business he abolished slavery. He gave his life for that cause.

These people in the video need to reconsider what makes a Patriot, what their immigrant ancestors fought and died for and what the Republican party should stand for. Abe Lincoln is spinning in his grave.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Agreed.

I always see these videos in the light that they are only a Republican issue, and they aren't. This type of hate is on both sides equally. As the poster above me mentioned, I've seen some pretty terrible things on Democrat boards and in videos of Obama supporters as well.

Trying to make this seem like all McCain supporters are this ignorant is wrong.

We could do the same for Obama rallies, but we won't.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't.

I still have faith in the American people.

There will always be radicals and idiots. That will never change.

The majority of Americans are good, hard working people. I'll always believe that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
But folks, do you think that we have been mistaken in thinking this sort of bigotry is symptomatic of a small group of "bad apples?"

Not really. Even if you have 1% of the population exhibiting this type of thought, that's 3 million of these idiots. That's a tiny fraction of the overall population, but in real terms, still an awful lot of people.

Who knows what the actual percentage is, but even if its very small, there are enough of them that you're bound to run across them quite often in a campaign with so much media exposure.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ok nyk, let us for a second concede everything you say is correct.
What do you think of THIS particular group of people?
Do you think they represent a significant portion of society?
Do you agree with this post www.abovetopsecret.com... on the subject?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
michelle stirrs up a very lot of racism and so does barry; more than the mcamnesty crowd
plus he isn't black but who knows for sure; the finisher gets to be the mystery guy

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This happens on both sides. And, it is nothing new. We are just hearing more about it during this election.

Does this group of people at this rally represent the Republican party as a whole? No. Does it represent a small, but vocal, part of the Republican party? Maybe, maybe not.

Does it represent some of the worst of society as a whole? Yes.

Whether people like to admit it or not, there are still racists in this country. There are still bigots in this country. There are still radicals in this country. And, there are a whole helluva lot of ignorant, stupid, idiot people in this country.

And, guess what? They are members of both parties. This isn't exclusive to one party.

Things like this are getting traction now because of who is running. A black man is running for President, so, of course, some people are going to focus on the racist comments of the idiots who show up at these rallies. And, sometimes, those people will have cameras and video cameras. And, the idiots and ignorants will be exposed....

But, that should not reflect on the party whose rally they attend, nor should it be used to cast generalizations on Republicans or Democrats as a whole.

We have crazies on both sides. We always have and we always will. But, that in no way way means that mainstream Republicans or Democrats should be tainted by the crazies in their party.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No I don't. I believe these small groups are exactly that, small groups.

You can't tell me that both parties don't have groups of extremists who act in direct opposition to the rest of their peers. These people are crazies, I won't argue that, but I don't this says anything about the party as a whole, or Americans as a whole.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

That maybe true enough, but we don't get to see such hate filled footage from the democratic rallies. And I am sure it is not for a lack of cameras.

Listen, we all know that McCain and especially Palin, in their desperation to catch up, have both been guilty of pandering to those with these extreme viewpoints. This was not the case 4 and 8 years go.

And there also seems to be a split within the Republican party between those who wish to be the party of rural/small town/real America with Palin as their figurehead, and the other side of the (Reagan) Republican party which finds the whole thing shameful and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You may not see it on film at rallies, but you can sure see it on the internet. It's there....hell, some of it is here.

There is a divide in the party, but the divide isn't between Republicans. It is between Republicans and conservatives.

And, I don't think the crazies on that tape are either. I think they are just ignorant people, looking for attention, who are spouting off at the mouth. They don't represent the party....they are just idiots.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Agreed.

This does not reflect on the party itself. These are just idiots as skeptic1 said. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even registered. (although they probably are)

I also agree that the split is indeed between Republicans and Conservatives. The Republican party is nothing more than a bunch of liberals in disguise these days.

Check my signature for a good quote on that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

You may not see it on film at rallies, but you can sure see it on the internet. It's there....hell, some of it is here.

I will have to take your word for it because I haven't seen or read anywhere anyone calling for McCain's assassination. Elections seem to bring out the worse in people so I'm sure there is extreme rethoric from both sides but calling for someone's death?

There is a divide in the party, but the divide isn't between Republicans. It is between Republicans and conservatives.

How do you think this is going to play out after the elections?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join