It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Supporters in PA: "Bomb Obama" "Never vote for black"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
More of the same:

(POTTSVILLE, PA)—In what has become a regular occurrence, dozens of supporters of Senator John McCain shouted racist and hate-filled speech at about 100 demonstrators yesterday in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.

One of the McCain supporters was caught on video shouting “Bomb Obama!” repeatedly. When asked what he meant, he said “Get rid of him. I've had a number of people in the... when he gets in the White House..."

He then formed a gun with his hand and made a shooting sound.

The incident was reported immediately to Pottsville Police Captain Richard Wojciechowsky, who said it did not sound serious.

The video later was shown to the Secret Service.

salon.com

I know we have discussed this before, but it seems to me that the closer we get to this election, the scarier these people and their statements get.

We are slowly but surely moving away from the realm of the "few extreme bad apples" into what seems to be a much greater constituency of Americans who share this hatred and racism that any of us would wish to admit.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
the vid wont work , so ill reserve judgment till i see it

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
the vid wont work , so ill reserve judgment till i see it

It's working for me, there is a copy of it on the "salon" link I provided in the OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I saw the video last night - it's pretty much Americans at their worst.

Did they mention that these horrible people just-so-happen to think it's a good idea to vote for McCain? Funny how ignorance and stupidity go hand-in-hand.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

i went to the link and it just pauses at 2 seconds, i fast forward and then i hear no sound

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

double post

[edit on 29-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Always good to see the children being indocrinated young. Nothing like mommy and daddy's prejudices and ignorance to bind one to the everyday occurances of the "two-party" system.

Someone needs to sit in one of those trees with a bullhorn and speak the truth to these people.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I found another link to the same footage.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yeah...it's disturbing. A few of them are saying absolutely ridiculous things.....what i want to know is....why is music being played over the Obama audio?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i really dont know why the vid wont work for me. it just pauses at 2 seconds

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I do love an enthusiastic group who can express themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here's this great speaker in Pennsylvania AFL-CIO united steelworkers speech.
gotta watch this about not voting because he is black:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It is this kind of things that make me think that America (at least for some people) is all about the supremacy of the white people and culture. very sad.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Like I said in the OP, it is becoming painfully obvious that this is a much greater cultural issue that we first thought. It's almost like McCain and Palin rallies have become a vehicle for some kind of national bigoted catharsis that seems to be gaining momentum.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I disagree that they are getting more extreme.

I think that what is happening is that the more moderate supporters have abandon ship. Only the extremists are left on board, and the more apparent this becomes the fewer and more extreme are left.

They are not a movement, they are the dregs left behind.

This will could destroy the Republican Party permanently. It may become the party of racist extremists, and fade into obscurity. It is no longer worthy of the backing of the Rich. I don't mean this on some virtue scale. There is nothing virtuous about it and never was. It was a tool of control and power. The tool is broken and ineffectual, not worthy in the sense of dollars put in vs the control received.

Watch for the rich guys to fund an alternative of another name. I hope people are smart enough to challenge that subterfuge with a couple of genuine alternatives, and drive it back to hell from whence it will come.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ok i had to use internet explorer apparently. firefox sucks sometimes...

anyways, the video is sick, but not shocking anymore.. the fact that people will claim they want to kill a potential president and not vote for him cause hes black is just dumbfounding.

we wont hear much retort to this cept maybe for... oh obama rallies are just as bad.

NO THEY ARE NOT. DONT LISTEN OT THE LIES

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

SD, This will go well in my expose to be released after the election on the subject. I think we are well served to understand our neighbors. This type of bo-log-na is redundantly sad.

CJ

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The Obama supporters there put the lie to that line of reasoning. They were polite.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

The problem is that the Republican party seems itself to be torn over these issues.
There are those who want Palin to be the next figurehead of the party who covet these people and those like them who are at least smart enough not to talk in front of a camera.
Like you say, this is a real problem, this part of the party is being championed by Hannity, Limbaugh, Corsi etc...

[edit on 10/30/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

we wont hear much retort to this cept maybe for... oh obama rallies are just as bad.

NO THEY ARE NOT. DONT LISTEN OT THE LIES

Nah, those Obama supporters are just sweet little angels. Nothing offensive here (Note: I've decided to delete their actual quotes; you can figure it out).

Link

Do you really want me to go digging through posts at Democratic Underground?

Republicans are the only one who engage in this crap? Puh-leez. There are bad apples on both sides. You found a group in these videos. Congratulations. There are probably a million more on BOTH sides.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by vor78]

[edit on 30-10-2008 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join