It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Warcraft Time Warp: a.k.a Where did my life go?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When I read this thread, the first thing that popped into my head was a famous quote from Mr. Albert Einstein:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

As long as you are satisfied and happy with your life overall, nothing is wrong with it.

I love gaming. As long as you can make it fit into your life rather than consume it, who could complain? It is far better than television in terms of entertainment value. Gaming, at least, keeps the mind sharp.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Lol, I'm not going to. Just a momentary lapse in judgment.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Researchers at London’s Hammersmith Hospital found that playing video games floods the player’s brain with dopamine, a mood-regulating hormone that induces pleasurable feelings. The scientists likened this hit of dopamine to that observed following intravenous injections of amphetamine or methylphenidate, a drug used to treat ADHD. In fact, children awaiting major surgery who were allowed to play video games before the procedure required less anesthesia to put them under and less pain medicine afterward. So it’s reasonable to ask, “Can a person overdose on electronic games?”

Playstation Nation: Protect Your Child from Video Game Addiction
The most popular video games are intentionally designed to ensure addictive appeal, and it works. One out of five kids becomes addicted to computer and video games, which are becoming increasingly more violent and are linked to violent and self-destructive behavior. The video industry continues to raise its revenue projections (expected to reach $33 billion by 2008) with the creation of newer, more advanced, and more addictive games, putting more children at risk. It can steal their time and interests by submitting their brains to a pleasurable chemical reaction similar to an amphetamine drug injection. Spurred on by the patterns of addiction they saw developing in their own son, Olivia and Kurt Bruner arm other parents with hard facts about addiction and share personal stories of video game addicts to help parents identify the warning signs in their own children.

Activision's November 30th press release is titled "Gamers Prepare for a New Religion ...". They claim that their software "will convert gamers to a new religion" set in a "richly animated medieval land" where players "embark on an epic journey across an enemy infested continent.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Barack Obama, flush with cash and ramping up his advertising in the final weeks before the November 4 election, is making U.S. political history by placing the first presidential campaign ads in online video games.

The Democratic Illinois senator is using the Internet ads, featured in 18 games through Microsoft Corp's Xbox Live service,

www.reuters.com...

This is pretty ludicrous, but it's too funny to ignore: this YouTube posters swears he hears "World of Warcraft" and "give us your money" hidden in the whispers swirling around the Spirit Healer while dead (there is one NSFW word in the video, if that rubs you the wrong way). Personally, while I do hear it, it's a little too off to be taken seriously. And of course we all know that subliminal messages don't work anyway. But still, if you're the type to go for a good conspiracy theory, it is in there -- maybe the reason Blizzard has the top MMO ever made isn't because it's a great game, but because they're transmitting messages to your brain!

www.wowinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Funny, I just unplugged the Wii and the other video game in my house. Both of them love sports and play outside but they always had to play video games as well. They have been away from the games for about 2 weeks and I have noticed a huge change. BTW cable was cut off also..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join