It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Auras?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I feel the colours.. strange or?

You should look up Synaesthesia, to quote from a web page:

What colour is the letter "A"? What does the number '1" taste of? Does listening to music, speaking or eating food produce colours, shape or texture? For most people, questions such as these will either yield a look of bewilderment or an emphatic "No!"

Synaesthesia is often described as a joining of the senses. Sensations in one modality (e.g. hearing) produce sensations in another modality (e.g. colour) as well as it's own. Synaesthetic experiences are often driven by symbolic rather than sensory representations, such as letters, numbers and words. It is also often experienced in the absence of external sensory input, such as one's "inner speech".

www.brighton-breezy.co.uk...

Incredibly fascinating, it's led me to believe that our senses, are so much more than we curently percieve them to be.

To people who can see auras,

Can you see them around other objects or only people?

Have you ever tried to see the Aura of a tree, or plant?

Have you ever looked for an aura in metal, or plastic?

I would love to see auras and I'm going to start to learn soon, just need to find the right way for me, but I hope some of you could answer these questions for me

Thanks,

EMM

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Your on the right track. The 6th chakra picks up the energy in the Aura and translates it into mental images. What people would call the imagination. I see them as kind of an overlaid onto what I see with my eyes. You seem like a sensitive individual and with a little work could easily see Aura's. One thing that interferes with reading other peoples aura is the fact that what we read in others gets activated in use and sometimes we would rather not look at ourselves. If this is the case then we shut down and it is very difficult to see or read the auras of others. Reading people's auras in a great way to speed up your own growth process as blockages in ones own space are hard to find and release unless they are acitive. One has to develop the ability to be aware of the ones own blockages and release them quickly in order to become proficient at reading other peoples auras. Reading Auras is a great healing technique for self and others.S&S

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
so just reading someone's aura actually makes a difference? makes sense i suppose you can't just do it w/o understanding it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And if I hold my breath for as long as I can, I see stars and stuff!

Does this make my visual imput supernatural?

I think not.

Auras are (imo) the minds way of providing a perception and not a reality.

Q: If auras were REAL, then why don't we ALL see them?

A: because they are imaginary!

The skill comes in understanding why you are seeing them and what message they contain.

It's all in your own head!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well,...i thought about posting this for a bit because it makes one susceptible to cynisism and debunk and the lot....but here are my thoughts on auras...

I've occasionaly seen colour auras around people and never know what they specifically mean though when focussing on that person i feel them too....as did someone else explain in this thread...maybe that;s feeling the aura or being able to read theirs on a feeling intuitive or even psychic basis....

Now this is someones aura i;m talking about....here is a question though and something for the interested to look at and think about....

just two weeks ago my beloved pet (doggy) died...before he died i took pictures of him at home (just half an hour before he left)....i litteraly felt him leaving and on the picture i found out when i looked at it better in the evening ...i saw what i felt at that moment....on the picture it's his aura litteraly leaving/detaching his ill body....or is then his aura, his spirit....
I'm clearly not understanding it fully yet so...
?
Maybe some thoughts on this?...but please be kind about it alright...

as this is a topic bordering on the paranormal it just made me question aura and spirit...

Anyone?

You can see the picture of my here

i195.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know when I had to have my 1st surgery ,spinal surgery and I was worried I'd end up paralyzed or possibly die during surgery,the day before surgery I had to meet with the head nurse to go over final things,as I talked to her she had a golden aura around her,I somehow knew everything would go fine

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
auras are one of those things that can draw near violent reactions from people but from my point of view everyone deals with auras everyday all of the time. it may not be visible 100% of the time but you are just as aware of people's energy as you are of their clothes, probably even more so.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

:-) thx i dont know that theres a name for this :-)

"To people who can see auras,

Can you see them around other objects or only people? "

.... Sometimes i can see/feel it at everything. Special trees. Or in the Nature... But there are no colours then, only Light :-)

Have you ever tried to see the Aura of a tree, or plant?

...lol
Have you ever looked for an aura in metal, or plastic?

yes.. they have it too.. but not light or bright, like electrical energy i cant explain that.

Also animals..they have Auras too, also bright...and i cant see/feel colours..

friendly

Nia Wind

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rken2

thanks for you answer :-)

yes.. the 3rd eye or 6th chakra is the "door" to our soul...
You wouldnt believe me, what i can see and what i know with this eye.

Healing? yes.. thats the point. I guess

So, let us learn to understand Auras, and we will able to heal. (thats Shamanismus, the old native Americans, used it. They healed persons only in the Aura...) Hope we find this way too

;-)

Nia

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i saw some sad lookin purple auras on some bushes at my apartments once when i was on shrooms.

to me seeing auras is like this.

imagine that when you change the channel on the tv the signal (from an antenna) goes through a distinctive change if you went from say; the simpsons, to a documentary on serial killers.

you can't read the person's mind per say, as in you can't see what they are imagining but you connect on a more fundamental level as in seeing the connection to the tv.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What do i think about aura's

I think up and down. heaven and hell. earth and the multiverse.

I think our Auras are within us. be god to ourselves and each other.

Auras! until we can love each other we aint goin no where.

Albert Fothergill

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

I don't know much about them in the 'new age' spiritual sense. A friend back in high school claimed to be able to see them and she would tell me what my aura looked like to her almost daily but that is the only experience I've had with them.

Anyways, on a more scientific level, there are machines that can supposedly test and measure them. I've seen them on educational television programs but never saw one in person. The whole 'aura thing' never really interested me.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I see auras, too. It's called astigmatism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join