It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Auras?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well i saw the randi challenge about the person who said he can see auras so don't bust me out from teh start about that.

I used to do kundalini yoga when i lived in australia. After about 2 weeks of doing this every day i was at the end of an exercise set where you flex your spine while looking into a mirror. the trick is to have each eye look into the respective eye individually instead of both eyes looking into one eye only. i saw my aura that day as clear as day. it looked like gold smoke rising from my head. it wasn't supernatural and i didn't turn into a super saiyan. everything just felt normal.

sometimes when you see an old b/w tv show the camera would pick up people's aura as well. old war footage sometimes shows it as well. i don't know if it's the camera or the people or what but today's tv seems like it's designed to specifically NOT show any auras.

i can still see auras today, only it's pretty rare. i have to really try and i can't do it on call. the last time i saw a vivid aura was during training at my job. one of our teachers was a sexy latin girl and we connected in our little way while she was explaining her job to us. then all of a sudden, "pop", comes out the aura.

the basic aura i see around everyone is a misty white haze that barely extends past your sin and hair. looking deeper you can see the gold or white smoke that rises from the top of the head. sometimes there are colors to people's faces too.

i also notice how people give energy with their hands, it's very telling.

well i've got more to say but i want to hear other people's views.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I’m only familiar with the photography side of it, and I think that is bogus.

As far as anyone being able to see them, I have heard that Edgar Casey could. Other than that, I don’t know.

I myself I have seen what you have described. I don’t know it is an aura though. Maybe it is. I guess it is possible that I had envisioned them as being something much more spectacular.

I’m a bit skeptical on the subject, though. I’d like to believe in them, but I am just unconvinced.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Auras are cool. Mine fluctuates from like this indigo to like you said gold and sometimes white smoke with the edges being like this prismatic spectrum of bright colors. I can always see mine. A lotta times I'll look around and think something is burning because I'l se these wafty waves rising, and then I'll notice "Oh that's just me and my carayzay superpowers."

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
if you've seen an aura how can you be skeptical about it? i'm not saying they're some sort of supernatural phenomenon, maybe it's just electricity.
it sure makes me feel better to see them though, it's like talking to an old friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

uh ok i guess i'll take that as sarcasm. there's nothing spectacular about the way auras look. it's not half as amazing as a good fire.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
I’m only familiar with the photography side of it, and I think that is bogus.

As far as anyone being able to see them, I have heard that Edgar Casey could. Other than that, I don’t know.

I myself I have seen what you have described. I don’t know it is an aura though. Maybe it is. I guess it is possible that I had envisioned them as being something much more spectacular.

I’m a bit skeptical on the subject, though. I’d like to believe in them, but I am just unconvinced.

Try this:

When you think you see an aura, close your eyes and look in the direction of where the aura is coming from. It's pretty spectacular to see it then, because it just keeps going. I like to think of the aura as the part of the iceberg that's submerged beneath the water's surface, but still visible. Depending on how clear the water is and how sharp your eyes are, you can see more or less at certain times and in certain places. The aura is endless, though. It extends through all dimensions and back again. It does not have a boundary, contrary to most contemporary belief on the subject. Everything has an aura. Everything that can be observed with the plain eye in this "reality" is just the tip of an infinite "iceberg" that folds back into itself. The aura is your etherical "trail". If you're keen enough, it can show you where you've been and where you are going. It can show you who you were before and what you will eventually become. Don't think of the aura as something confined to a certain space, for actually... there is no space. No. Actually, we are an eternal essence of observation suspended in a layer of energy that folds into itself and condenses into matter. Our auras are like the trails behind a coment, or the crown of light around those spheres of fire high in the sky called stars.

The aura is our pathway to ifinite existence.... i guess. Whew that kinda just poured outta me. Enjoy and nibble, please.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, well honestly the Aura can be many things. It honestly depends upon the person. For me I can sense an Aura around people, and there are very rare times where some peoples aura will be a color, or a small energy wave around a persons body that varies in colors.. However this is very rare for me to see with my eyes.
And for me its never been bright and vivid colors.. I tend to see Auras when I have been without sleep for longer than 24 hours. And when I see them, its more of an energy field, presay what some say, or other claim to have seen. Its much like a distortion around the bodies when I see it phyiscally with my eyes.. LIke when heat is comming off pavement, or like fumes of gasoline.

Now I can say the one I exp more often than anything is when I "feel" an aura around someone. Hence I am not truely seeing like bright reds, or blues around a person, but I get a sense within my mind of a color, and those colors denote an expression, and or a feeling.

I tend to feel its my 3rd eye which is picking up on these feelings, and emotions. So in essence when I see an aura, I am just picking up on the feelings and emotions.. Not so much a bright and vivid color that surrounds a person.
And a blue for one man, would mean something different than a woman with a blue color surrounding them.
And these colors to me are a personal thing.. And its not magical or anything to far out of this world.
Every person on this earth can sense them..
And when you have someone who says they can see your aura.. Its mostly either they are trying to use smoke and mirrors to manipulate you, As they have insider info, or know something about you that you didnt know they know!
And some people are honest and just trying to help, by saying I sense this or I sense that about you!
Yet its rare to find someone who can litteraly see colors around a person.
As I stated before, its very rare for me to physically see colors around a person.. But more often than not, I can pick up on how they feel at the time!
Just like if you are close with someone, be it a friend, your wife or a family member.. You can look into the eyes, and you know if they are down, or if they are happy!
I must say that its all in the eyes! The eyes are the window to the soul I belive
And if you can open yourself up, and have a little empathy, you do can sense a persons aura.
Yet as I said in my post. There is nothing magical about this..
Its all about having a good sense of observation!

That at the base root is what a person who senes auras is really doing.
They have a high sense of observation.

And I wont discredit people who say they can truely see the colors around a person.. As I have too, and I have really seen colors surrounding a person.. But its very rare, and only when I have not had enough sleep can I start to pick up on these things. And or if I am very close to the person.

But its not everyday that I can just walk up to a total stranger and see something.. Sure I can walk up to a stranger and use my sense of observation to tell if they are in a good mood, or a bad mood.

Thus over all I would say an aura is a persons mood, and if you have a good sense of observation, you too can pick up on this.

Yet when it comes down to science, there is an energy source that surrounds people.. And its many different colors!
Ive had pictures taken of me, where these energy fields show up in the pictures! And I think they are really cool, and awesome photos.

I dont have the name of the photo handy with me.. Im sitting here playing a video game, but noticed your thread, so I had to come in and give you a real quick run down on what I personally feel to be true about aura and reading an aura!

I hope this helped a little bit.. As I dont claim to have the 100% truth to all this.. I only know what I know, and wanted to share that with you here..
And as the time passes, I will be happy to come back, and give you some links, and sources of what I know

Also if you have any personal questions about this, Feel free to send me a U2.. And we can talk personally about this..
As most the time, people will laugh and call you crazy for such things.
But there is nothing crazy about opening your 3rd eye!

Its real and true.. And its not magical.. Its something that is Normal, and many people are able to do this!
And that goes for anyone else comming into the thread reading and learning about this.. Im free for open U2's and would be more than happy to share with you all what I know..
And I do not charge, nor do I ask anything back from you.
Other than keeping an open mind, and an open heart.
Be kind, nice, and open.. And I will do what I can to help!

Best of luck and happy hunting!
The knowledge is out there, and you came to the right place to learn more!

Zy5 (The Druid)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
reply to post by dunwichwitch

uh ok i guess i'll take that as sarcasm. there's nothing spectacular about the way auras look. it's not half as amazing as a good fire.

Nah I'm not being sarcastic. I seriously look like my body is smoking in fluctuating neon colored smoke most of the time. I can tune it out and sometimes I forget and seriously think I lit a cigarette and forgot about it or something.

There's about a two inch space around my body that whenever I move my hand around in front of me, that two inch space, it like distorts what's behind it, and sometimes makes the space around it ripple like water.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
well if you're serious i'll tell about a dream i had once. i usually don't put much stock in dreams because i have such a vivid imagination that i just consider dreams to be the pinnacle of my imagination, er... know what i mean?

anyway i won't go into detail to derail the thread but i saw two beings that had multicolored auras. it was as if the entrire spectrum (including emptiness/black) flucuated from bottom to the top in a cyclical pattern. these creatures were amazingly intelligent but i got the sense that we were diffent somehow.

But its not everyday that I can just walk up to a total stranger and see something.. Sure I can walk up to a stranger and use my sense of observation to tell if they are in a good mood, or a bad mood.

yeah that's pretty much it. to see an aura on a stranger you have to have their permission. to do that you just have to be honest about what you and that person are feeling at that moment. doesn't matter if it's a trivial feeling or something important. you just have to accept what's happening and you should be able to see the "base level" aura that i described earlier. which to me is a white/gray/gold haze extending possible a few inches from the body.

i'm going to try that technique of closing the eyes. i like what you were saying about the auras being extensions of ourselves.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Within the last few years, I have developed a very strong sense of feeling auras. I can see them on rare occasions, usually white but I have also been able to distinguish a few colors (usu. blue, occasionally other colors.)

The biggest thing is feeling them. I can tell if someone is happy, excited, upset, angry, depressed... Everything, even if they don't show any signs of it. I have even had long-range aura readings of people I'm emotionally close to. I can tell if they're upset or whatever at a particular time, call them later and ask, and be dead-on.

I can also tell if somebody is dangerous, simply by being around them. I was once just about to walk into a building, opened the door, and the first person I saw sent such a shockwave of bad aura through me that I just turned around and left. It's a very useful tool, being able to sense aura, but it can also be a bit painful.

I've noticed that when I come in contact with an upset or angry person/people, I seem to take on their emotions strongly. I get extremely depressed, and it feels like I'm being crushed by the force of their emotions. I have to leave, because if I don't, it's not uncommon for me to have something akin to a nervous breakdown. Yes, I have seen a therapist, but it's not like I could tell her about the aura thing... She'd send me to the looney bin, probably.

Anyway, from what I can tell, auras are the semi-visible form of life energy and emotion. They can only be seen with the third eye, even though it seems like the actual eyes are seeing it. Auras get stronger with stronger emotion, such as anger and excitement, and can be somewhat contagious to the person who picks up on them.

I guess that's all I have to say. Have fun.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Only one type of aura that I'm aware of personally as I haven't attempted to develop the ability

The one I see or sense consists of dirty colours: ochres, khakis, greys, etc., what I call 'bruise colours'.

I don't look for auras and even when I see someone with the bruise colours, I invariably push it aside and continue with the person as usual

In every case I can remember, the person with the bruise colours ends up being 'not nice'. Sometimes I don't learn that for years, other times it's fairly swift.

I've known children with the bruise-coloured aura as well as adults, teens, the elderly. Age doesn't seem to play a role.

Quite often, those with the bruise colours are interesting to know and are adept at playing the 'victim' role in one form or another. But sooner or later, they reveal themselves as disturbed/disturbing.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Anyone can learn to read Auras. I taught classes in the art for 10years. You have to realize Auras are not seen with the eyes but energy is picked up by the sixth charka or third eye and is super imposed over what we see visually. The eye is only capable of perceiving energy of a certain frequency. We see Aura in the visualization area of the brain. Part of the process in developing the ability is deprogramming. Most of use could read Aura's when we were young and turned it off. For instance a person might be angry and therefore have a red aura, at least certain aspects of it. But she is wearing a yellow dress. If child when asked what color the person is wearing and answers red, they are told no it is yellow. There by teaching the child not to look at that level. Also adults do not like it when children read them and pay attention not to what adults say but what is really going on behind the scene. Also some of us have been programmed to belief that psychic abilities are tools of devil.

There are 12 basic layer to the aura corresponding to the major chakras (inbody 7 and out of body 10) The7 body chakras correnspond to different aspects of life . From survival to knowingness 1 to 7 respectively.
The out of body chakra have more to to with qualifying and quantifying the energy we bring into our energy system and experiencing oneness. The 5 below our feet with earth energy or the female principal and the 5 above our head with cosmic or the masculine principle. There are 144 different layer of the aura as each chakra forms an sub layer of each other chakra. Thus the seventh layer of the first chakra would correspond with knowingness or your own information about survival level issues. A blockage here would be representative of using someone else's information or programming, like life is hard. This information in the charka would then be self fulfilling and life would be hard when this information is active. Reading the Aura can be a very effective , tool for physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual healing. S&S

[edit on 2-11-2008 by rken2]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by rken2]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've always believed in the Aura and I would love to see these energy fields that everything give off. I was in my friends 21st last year and I got talking to his aunty, or rather, she got talking to me.

I had just been laughing and joking with my mates and just left the group, to go and get another bevvy, when she walked up to me smiling and told me I had a 'beautiful aura'. We began talking and I mentioned how I believed my aura to be a predominantly indigo/blue in colour, she said she saw it as more of a gold and red. This conversation wasn't long, but it was seriously fascinating and left me thinking all night.

Since then I started to research auric phenomena and it's theories and it has me seriously fascinated. I'm sure others have their own definitions of the aura, I guess most don't believe in Auras at all.

What do some people here think the Aura is? I prescribe to a sort of 'holographic' universe theory, so my belief is bias towards that, but I'd like to hear other people's opinions of the aura.

EMM

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you want to see an aura, heres a simple way:

Put your hand on a dark background, preferabbly black. Concentrate on a point just outside your hand and look at it while opening your third eye (kind of like those books you looked at as a kid where you have to find the hidden image in a mural of dots)

If you look, youll start to see a white line surrounding your hand. Look even further past the white, and youll start to see color. This is your aura.

It takes a little while, but youll see it if you concentrate hard enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can make out a clear energy field against black, especially when squinting. But I'v yet to actually notice color.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I can make out a clear energy field against black, especially when squinting. But I'v yet to actually notice color.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by mystiq]

Yeah its very hard. It takes practice. You probably wont see it the first, or even first few times you try. But after a while youll start to notice a hint of color. Mine was a greenish yellow.

It's pretty neat. My brother can see auras around everyone without even trying. I wish I could that easy

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rken2

is this about the kabbalah or something? or is this eastern like reiki?

i've never tried looking at my hands like that, i've alwyas noticed it more around the head.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
reply to post by rken2

is this about the kabbalah or something? or is this eastern like reiki?

i've never tried looking at my hands like that, i've alwyas noticed it more around the head.

I just call it energy work. I learned from some people in oregon about 25 years ago. I taught the technique for them for a while and then went out on my own to teach these techniques. A good book by a women who learned from the same people I did is The psychic Healing book by Petey Stevens. and a book by the same title by amy wallace and bill henkin. Petey's book goes into more depth. Amy'sbook deals more with just healing. It is not really hard to learn. A small mistake in my first post. You can see a white Auric field with your eyes but this is such a small part of the aura. Your third eye, 6th chakra is much more suited to picking up the energy of the many layers of your aura. I will be around for a while today should you have any questions.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
hello :-)

Auras are real (i guess so), but I cant see them allways. It needs a high level of meditation for me.
Only one time: I saw the Aura from my son (he was 3 there)... It was wonderfull, blue with with lights in it. Then i read (i forget where) that "indigo children" have a blue Aura. This could be real, cause he is borned 2000.

My own Aura? Never saw!

But i can feel Auras. You know, standing somewhere and feel the Auras of the People.. I cant explain that, but if the Aura is "dark" i have a bad feeling. Or the Aura is bright, then i can "feel" the light in this person.
Its the same, if somebody is ill. Then the Aura is grey... Again: i cant see it with my eyes, but i feel it. (Maybe its my 3rd eye which show me this) I feel the colours.. strange or?

Nia Wind

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think they're pretty, but it's not easy to pick out a purse or a pair of shoes to go with them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join