It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Olbermann has beaten O'reilly lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
im actually quite shocked by this. never thought that would happen..

of course hannity beat em both by 20,000 viewers. But still. With all the turmoil surrounding Olbermann's obvious hatred of the republican party, pretty big numbers....

my link would is simply be olbermann saying so. and i doubt he'd do that and lie. as he never claims to beat someone in the ratings unless hes right.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I like Olberman, he has a comedic way about him. He obviosly has a lefty spin, but I dont mind as Fox and Hannity have an almost , shall I say, Nazi spin againds the lefet and a Kiss ass spin for the right. I have been Ill for a year so I switch back between MNSBC and FOX a lot. What I find is Oriley, mush to the shagrin of the left has kept a fairly balenced account of this election, until the last 2 weeks. While Olberman has constantly slammed repubs without a break for the last 2 years. I woud bive Oriley the award for beinf fair in MOST accounts, not all. And I would Give Olberman a c- in fair and balenced.
Dont get me wrong, I much prefer Olberman, I am middle of the road type guy and Obama appeals to me.
I think that Fox's Demonizing is well deserved a lot of the time, Some of those Anne Coulter Lokkalikes sithing in for Oriley are truly frigid and are very difficult to look at.....By the way> where is Anne? She wasnt going to vote Mccain a few months back, so she must have been abducted by hard up aliens with earplugs. All in all Olberman is tougher on the right than oriley is toughter on the left. I have witnessed it. No spin here. The rest of Faux however is so far right that one would think they could paddle to Spain with just the breeze of thier talkin points. But the will step up to the plate sometimes. Which is more than Olberman does.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

my link would is simply be olbermann saying so.

c'mon!
now sreiously, if someone else had use this line in their post saying that Fox News was fair and balanced, how would you respond?

double standard????

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

no i agree with you. but olbermann was quoting the neilsen ratings, i doubt he would hang himself to dry by misquoting neilsen....

can someone fact check olbermann?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by deathhasnosound

no i agree with you. but olbermann was quoting the neilsen ratings, i doubt he would hang himself to dry by misquoting neilsen....

It's your post you lazy apple, you do the work! And I highly doubt O'Lbermann beat O'Reilly... unless he used some obscure poll for one eye'd left handed people with mullets driving right hand drive vehicles between the ages of 25 and 54.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...

There ya go...

Its been going on for a week I guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Done and done.

Found the ratings of O vs O for 10/23 thru 10/30 you can see them at..

TV by the Numbers

It looks like on 10/29 Olbermann beat O’Reilly in the 25-54 bracket. But their graph has O'Reilly squeaking out slightly better numbers overall on that night (if I'm reading it right). (Edit) - Just noticed on a second look (I was looking more at the overall raitings the first time) - Olbermann did beat him 10/24 & 10/27 as well it looks like in the 25-54 bracket. According to the graph very close on 10/28 & 10/30 and my eyes aren't good enough to tell who won those nights)

What was the deal Wed night on Olbermann? The Obama 30min show?

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Frogs]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem like they could use Digital Cable numbers to figure this out?

The cable company should be able to see what you were watching... Seems like that would be a better gauge than sampling families and households..

anyway, Off topic, but gnawing at my brain..

top topics

join