It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone worried about going to work on Nov. 5?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I commute to the city...and i work a regular eight hour shift during the day...for the most part a normal work period.

With all of the talks about riots possibly happening....i'm worried about going to work and having my vehicle vandalized or possibly even my companies building. Often we hear of shootings blocks away and twice i've actually heard gunfire at work...which none of this had anything to do with the election. What i'm asking is with the current history of the area...should i be worried about going to work? Is anyone else feeling alittle nervous about it? I keep hearings stories and i've seen a thread about people stocking up on weapons and ammo. I've also started to see commercials from gun stores on tv which i don't remember seeing before.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A few officers like myself have wondered that ourselves since we work in a prison.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Anything could happen no matter who wins, If this election goes by with out a riot, it will be because God himself stepped in and stopped it...I'm going to work, but I live in a small town so not to much fear here.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
im more worried about the hangover i will have from the drinking game i will be playing

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Since i no longer work i will just load up my guns and wait for the fun to begin.

I think it unlikely that it will begin on the 5th it will take a few months for the different groups to plan there moves.

It may take weeks just to find out who won.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Since i no longer work i will just load up my guns and wait for the fun to begin.

I think it unlikely that it will begin on the 5th it will take a few months for the different groups to plan there moves.

It may take weeks just to find out who won.

well maybe for those in denial. but im predicting obama to be into the 300s

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have been trying all week to get my hub to stay home. He works opposite San Fransico (other side of the bay).
The mayor of Oakland was already on the local tv news last week saying that they had the army and national guard in place in case riots broke out. I just dont like the sound of it at all.
Then today there was a thread on here about jesse jackson and others calling for civil unrest etc....just makes me sick that we are having an election like this. Oh and I checked in with a couple of sites (even though they where pulling it from a blog); it is all over the place even videos on youtube straight up telling people to riot on either side no less. I just hope that people who dont want to destroy our society can find a safe place to be. Me I will be at home with my kids going to have all the windows and doors shut and my dogs standing by...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You won't get a prediction from me.
I have no idea what's going to happen....and i really don't know why people can be so sure..

This isn't a sports game...i'm not putting my money on either team to win.....but i can hope.....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

may not be a sports game. But im sure as hell turning it into a drinking game.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

You won't get a prediction from me.
I have no idea what's going to happen....and i really don't know why people can be so sure..

This isn't a sports game...i'm not putting my money on either team to win.....but i can hope.....

Bush took us to our graves, bury us and pissed all over it. Obama is making sure our children's future are well taken care of.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I just hope that people who dont want to destroy our society can find a safe place to be. Me I will be at home with my kids going to have all the windows and doors shut and my dogs standing by..

Well i hope the best for both you and Chance321. I don't understand why people are thinking it's all going to blow over. I say always prepare for the worst....I'm glad that you will be taking precautions and keep those kids safe! If i had children...i don't know if i'd let them even go to school. Very uncertain times.

The more i think about it...the election...more than any other....was made to divide our country and it's doing it on so many different levels.

I just hope that good people don't get hurt.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I will be at work that night. Since I work 12 hour shifts, I am worried about a couple of things. Will my vehicle be vandalized or stolen? And I am worried about a couple of neighborhoods I will have to drive through in order to get home. I may have to drive 20 miles out of my way to get home, but it may be worth it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your well wishes. I've worked through four riots so far. Truthfully not really sure how this'll play out, gonna be interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My work is very close to my home (wont give to many details). If I need to get anywhere, I can get there fast, especially seeing how I drive like a maniac.

Im slightly worried, but I dont think thinks will get that bad. At least thats what im hoping.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have already taken off. Just in case.

Hope it won't be necessary, but seeing as how I work in the New Orleans area, which is already pretty violent... I see no reason to take any chances.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Wll make the thread already and quit posting drinking game rules...some people actually take this seriously.

I for one will make sure that i'm completely sober as i want to be fully aware of what is going on...and besides I'm supposed to work.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Sheesh David, lighten up already. nothing wrong wit ha little drinking game for the closure of the 2008 election.

im not gonna make the thread til la day or two before... dont you think its a bit early for one

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Bush took us to our graves, bury us and pissed all over it. Obama is making sure our children's future are well taken care of.

Sure will, he'll bury them next to us!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join