It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post apocalyptica free writing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm doing some 'free writing' at the moment, which basically means not having any plot ideas or narrative or characters pre-thought, so i can basically go anywhere with it.

But up to now, it's kind of set in a post-apocalyptic future, where the few remaining strands of order are struggling against world wide chaos... Set maybe in 2014.

So far, I've had an incident between a group of five people on an supposedly abandoned dock, but they were ambushed by some uniformed people and three were killed (two executed and one caught by guard dogs and killed)....

The other two are split up, one a woman who feigned death when they were ambushed and another a guy who stopped to tie his boot as his mates walked into trouble, he fled into a warehouse and has now found himself stranded on a roof after climbing a ladder to escape the dogs.

Ok.... so ideas: Plot, characters, themes.... anything.... I want YOUR ideas.

One Love

Mr - L

[edit on 29-10-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
seems to me that the man and woman who escape from the agents keep running. As the do so, they gradually encounter people and things that are able to shed some light on why the agents are after them and the nature of their "crime". Something along the lines of "The Prisoner" or "Nowhere Man".

The guy on the roof needs to take a leap of faith adn end up in in the arms of the agents. Where he is tortured and broken down only which serves to teach him how to overcome his weaknesses and ultimately escape his captors/bounds. A metaphorical death/rebirth of this guy who eventually becomes the enlightened hero. Which doens't mean that it has to have a happy ending.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
anyone?

C'mon i thought there was a ton of post-apocalyptic lovers ou there...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not sure why this is the Rant section but I think if you were to post it in the collaborative writing section of the site you might get a better response.

Link

I hope that this is of some help to you.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mr-lizard, with all due respect, you have been a member long enought to know that this thread belongs in the collabrative writing forum.

You should atleast know that it doesnt belong in the rant section.

I am sure you just made a mistake and meant to post this in the collabaritve writing forum, yes?

[edit on 10-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Apolgies to all...

I don't tend to use BTS as much as ATS, so i'm unfamiliar with the layout...

I would appreciate it, if maybe a mod could move it for me.

Thanks for pointing it out.

peace

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Apolgies to all...

I don't tend to use BTS as much as ATS, so i'm unfamiliar with the layout...

I would appreciate it, if maybe a mod could move it for me.

Thanks for pointing it out.

peace

No need to apologiese buddy. No one is perfect. Ive done that a few times myself.

Dust

top topics

join