It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says change needed as McCain derides TV ad/Palin suggests she's now GOP political fixture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

SUNRISE, Fla. – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama plunked down $4 million for a campaign-closing television ad Wednesday night and summoned voters to "choose hope over fear and unity over division" in Tuesday's election. Republican John McCain derided the event as a "gauzy, feel-good commercial," paid for with broken promises.
"America, the time for change has come," Obama said in the final moments of the unusual ad, a blend of videotaped moments and a live appearance before thousands in Sunrise, Fla.

"In six days we can choose an economy that rewards work and creates jobs and fuels prosperity starting with the middle class," Obama said.

The 30-minute ad, aired on CBS, NBC, Fox and several cable networks, came days from the end of a race in which Obama holds the lead in polls nationally and in most key battleground states as he bids to become the first black president.

And while it is unusual for candidates to acknowledge the possibility of defeat, Republican running mate Sarah Palin said she intended to remain a national figure even if the ticket loses next week. "I'm not doin' this for naught," she told ABC News in an interview.

Anyone else watch? I thought it was a pretty good "gauzy, feel-good commercial"
I obviously like what he had to say and if elected I hope Obama isn't just a good speaker and actually follows up with all the talk.

I am glad that Palin isnt doing this for naught, I wonder if her 15 minutes will be up if McCain loses.

Interesting times...

I really like this line of the 30 minute spot...

"choose hope over fear and unity over division"

because I do think that McCain is about to pull OBL out of a hat

McCain, in Florida, argued that Obama lacks "what it takes to protect America from terrorists" as he sought to shift attention away from the economy.
"The question is whether this is a man who has what it takes to protect America from Osama bin Laden, al-Qaida and the other great threats in the world," he said. "He has given no reason to answer in the affirmative."

link

[edit on 29-10-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Palin suggests she's now GOP political fixture

TOLEDO, Ohio – Facing the unhappy prospect of defeat, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin indicated Wednesday that she will not disappear from the national political scene if the GOP ticket loses on Tuesday.
"Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doing this for naught," Palin said in an interview with ABC News, according to excerpts of a transcript released by the television network.

link

I didnt want to start a whole new thread since this subject was mentioned in the original article so I just added on to this thread.

It looks like Palin is planning for a longer stay then 15 minutes but I will take bets right here and now that if McCain losses the election Palin will disappear from the spotlight within 6 months. Anybody???

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
so nobody wants that bet?
Regardless I have had enough of Palin, actually I have had enough of this entire campaign. I have one hope left...please no recount!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I posted this one in another thread. Did anyone else notice the multiple Wal-Mart and Ford product placements in the infomerical? It was sickening. I wonder why them......

top topics

join