It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQ's of 70-100 think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

No, he was just that teacher's retard. He had to project it constantly. No offence.....

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 31/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My point is, there are many like me in society. You see us every day, in the markets, on the streets, in your apartment buildings. You walk by us with nary a glance.

We do what we need to do to get by day by day. We look to you smart people to run things. But things aren't so good, are they?

Ask us what we think. You'd be surprised at the common sense answers we'd give you....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
This is already beginning to sound like an appendage-measuring contest

It only seems that way because you cannot fathom the vastness that is my IQ

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm neither smart nor do I run anything, other than this laptop.......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Oh, a pet retard,eh? Nice try.

No offense taken. I'd have to respect your opinion in order to take offense.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 31/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No you muppet. The teacher had to project, not the student.

Glad you aren't offended by me, the way you fly in, I don't want to be rated by you. And I'm not.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It might be very interesting for many here stating their Iq's as this high etc...

and they do seem to be getting higher by each post lol,

to research Einstein's IQ before anyone makes themselves look a bit silly no?

Kind regards,

over and out to the world of dreams and bed where IQ means didlewack and its all emotions and spatial abilities, and the subconscious.

Elf

PS before I do go to bed.

There was a very keen disciple of the Buddha

He though was not able to intellectually grasp the very very complex treatises and realisations of the sutra's and realisations of the Mahavatsa's

Some of the Buddhist logic and learning can be very very very intellectual and difficult to grasp.

He was not the brightest star in the sky shall we say.

He was though very very keen and dedicated to learning and the buddha.

The Buddha spent quite some time with him, and when the Buddha moved on a monastry was made in this place and the monk stayed there as caretaker.

He was ridiculed and made fun of by the librarian, and abbot;s the "Mensa" ones and highly intelligent scholars of buddhist thought.

Every day he swept the courtyard and did cleaning and repairing chores.

But when he was sweeping the Buddha had taught him to say a certain mantra, and imagine, feel the realisation of that. it was a mantra for clearing the Ignorance (not intellectual but one of the precepts of Buddhism that keeps us from realizing true reality, Ignorance, Anger & greed) from his mind, and heart, and senses.

When cleaning pots, again he would do the same.

When fixing parts of the monastry another Mantra to imagine and visualise certain "Winds" in his body channels of energy opening up.

30-40 years of this, and people mocking him, he would put his head down, do his practise, and sweep away.

The abbot, the Librarians passed away, they were developed and had grown in their lives.

However in that same lifetime that "Stupid" monk one day became enlightened whilst sweeping the courtyard, you see his ego was much less advanced than the intellectuals, and so he was able one day to see"reality" with no "Label" "judgement" "measurement", "me" "you" he just saw things as they actually are

:-)

Think on that eh.

Strange how a Blessing can be a downfall and a Weakness a Strength no?

Good night JSObecky thank you for a good thread.

Elf

[edit on 29-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Glad you aren't offended by me, the way you fly in, I don't want to be rated by you. And I'm not.

You're the one that used the word retard. We're not retards, muppet.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
IQ is a very narrow measure of one's capabilities.

Savants like Daniel Tammet are way off the IQ scale in some areas and don't even know how their minds/brains process information. Solutions to difficult problems just pop out, without any reasoning, as most of us know it, at all.

IQ is way overrated. I've been made a monkey of by morons numerous times. I'm too trusting.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I get what you are saying, however I don't think that means there is anything wrong with "smart" people's logic. Yes the best and the brightest have been screwing things up lately, but I don't see how that means smart people are incapable of fixing the problem, they aren't stupid, they are just greedy and blinded by their ideologies. Just because all the "sane" people in the world start screwing up do we say, "Hey I think we should hand over the keys to the kingdom to the guys in the loony bin, sane people keep screwing up, what good are they?"

Not to say that you are not smart, I think you need to give yourself more credit while not labeling those you deem intelligent as lacking common sense because some smart people have been linked to doing dumb things, we are all human aren't we?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My guess is that there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the actual smartness of humans, and that we are all at the exact same level of ability to reason and problem solve.

I would say the single exception exists with people who have severe (not minor) brain damage, or are possibly insane.

That is not to say that IQ scores are bogus -- they measure "information content", which is what intelligence actually means. And they may measure how practiced we are at solving certain types of problems that we have direct or indirect experience with.

#

I know this is contrary to what a lot of people believe. But consider that the ability to understand language is quite profound. We often look down on people for speaking incorrectly, perhaps using bad grammar, but this is just elitism. We want to find people to feel superior to.

All languages are exactly equivalent. All rational human beings can use language to express themselves. There is just one human conscious archetype in existence, and we all share that.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

You're the one that used the word retard. We're not retards, muppet.

I was being ironic. And I used 'muppet' softly. I hate MENSA people unless..... like they care, this teacher did not and taught me much about MENSA. He treated the child like a retard, never me. And we all talked about him together after the lesson. I simply cannot believe I am in a dogfight with you.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

It only seems that way because you cannot fathom the vastness that is my IQ

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

Oh Lucid, you are awesome.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I cannot express my feelings after reading that post. All I can say is Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
With people that have an IQ that low....My first reaction is they think something like this: Duuuuuuuuuh, what was the question? BRONDO....its what plants crave!

don't you think you should have written

"With people who have an IQ that low, My first reaction would be to think something along the lines of : (insert insult here)"

?

You really are laying yourself open and asking for it, Bismarksea you are lucky it is late!

Do as you want to be done to you, my friend is a strong sign of EQ and not IQ, which the above proves you are lacking in both!

A slap
Elf

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
HAHAHA I loved the reference to the proverbial locker room show and tell...my appendage is bigger than yours hee hee

I have taken a standardized IQ test which consisted of a 5 tests 3 which were timed. Turns out I'm smarter than even I knew (143-148 respectively)

Doesn't make much difference really. I have incredible "tard" moments, I never really shone in school (except art and English) to be honest I can just barely do simple arithmetic...however some things that subsist entirely on mathematics (like accounting, computing, and the like) I have no trouble at. They relate to something I can see, measure and are "tangible"

I work for peanuts, have no set plan to take over the world and I still play with toys. I'm almost 40, have little or no savings, no investment portfolio, and my prized possession is my computer...

So IQ clearly isn't all that it's cut out to be.

All in all I'm still stupid enough to be happy and relatively content so it's all good.

I don't think people with a lower IQ think any differently.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

My guess is that there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the actual smartness of humans, and that we are all at the exact same level of ability to reason and problem solve.

I would say the single exception exists with people who have severe (not minor) brain damage, or are possibly insane.

I absolutely agree with this. We all have the nature. The difference is in the nurture.

I think that science is going to start working on that though in the hope of turning out an elite class and an underclass. I think we are heading for the island of Dr. Moreau, that is, bizarre attempts to artificially enhance humans. The people who brought you things like Gatorade and aspartame now want to get into the driver's seat of human evolution.

Can't wait for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I was being ironic. And I used 'muppet' softly. I hate MENSA people unless..... like they care, this teacher did not and taught me much about MENSA. He treated the child like a retard, never me. And we all talked about him together after the lesson. I simply cannot believe I am in a dogfight with you.

There is no dogfight. I now understand what you were saying.

Peace, please. I have no energy to fight.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Originally posted by justgeneric
HAHAHA I loved the reference to the proverbial locker room show and tell...my appendage is bigger than yours hee hee

I have taken a standardized IQ test which consisted of a 5 tests 3 which were timed. Turns out I'm smarter than even I knew (143-148 respectively)

Doesn't make much difference really. I have incredible "tard" moments, I never really shone in school (except art and English) to be honest

All in all I'm still stupid enough to be happy and relatively content so it's all good.

I don't think people with a lower IQ think any differently.

You are very fortunate, and one of the type of people that bring beauty and art to our world. I am lacking in that ability, but I appreciate the arts for expressings what I feel and what brings out a song from my soul.

Write a book, paint a painting, make a speech. Use your talents. I wish you good fortune.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by gullychief

I taught computer courses to Fortune 500 companies for many years. They paid $500 - $1000 per day for what I taught them. One of my mentors screwed up so badly that I walked away from him in disgust. He followed me down the hall saying "But I'm a member of MENSA!!".

I just turned to him and smiled. He opted out of future eval's.

But I make no bones about my intelligence. I'm just an average guy.

You're a member of MENSA. Want to go one-on-one? Any time.

Hah, well as I said, I don't actually believe the high IQ means much other than I'm quite good at logic puzzles, I never would go to any MENSA event, as I'm sure they are mostly elitist idiots, but as long as employers think it's a good thing, I will put it on the resume.

As for one-on-one, in what kind of competition? If it's debating, no thanks, I scored D's in English, and can't argue to save my life. If it's Math, no thanks, I took all my options as Statistics, so I could get an easy pass without having to learn anything like Calculus.

The only areas I actually compete in are Programming challenges and Martial Arts, and even in those areas, which are things I think I'm quite good at, I tend to get beat more than I win.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join