It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army plans to seize 7 million acres in southeast Colorado

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Funny thought just popped into my head - What if the US military are planning to start up their very own space program? Think about it, let NASA and all the other space agencies do all the hard work, make all the mistakes - solve all the problems and say 'Thank you very much - We'll take it from here'

Just a though to throw into the pot.

The military (air force) space program is already far larger than NASA's.

They have TV commercials bragging about all their launches.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
maybe they are doing in in anticipation of the nuclear threat growing in the east? its possible they know of how easily a situation like that could arise, or after a tactical strike from another country, the possibility of a ground invasion.. somethin like that would be impenetrable from the surface..

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by Now_Then

Oddly enough, a space station was recently being considered near the base in western Oklahoma

Are you talking about Burns Flat?

If so, the last I heard of it, it had been mostly closed down and many of the base housing had been turned into local housing. This WAS several years ago though. Has something changed?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
maybe they are doing in in anticipation of the nuclear threat growing in the east?

The entire eastern seaboard is a prime target for nuclear attack by terrorists. It just seems logical that the military eschelon would desire to have a secondary major operations base as far away from the targeted areas as possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
During the Cold War, massive armored formations in huge combined arms exercises were the key training scenario. The army has been reduced in size since then, and reorganized around smaller, modular combat brigades.

I trained at Whitesands/Ft Bliss for several months. The area there is huge, enough to have several mini-bases set up, and train thousands of troops on multiple simultaneous exercises. Urban operations and small unit tactics are the key now for training, and they don't take up much space relatively.

Maybe the Army is looking down the road at a possibilities of a renewed cold war, massive land battles against the Russians, or Chinese, or European Union.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Oh, so that's whats happening with all our taxes, and the f'ed up thing is they don't even say please or thank you, how damn rude..

i can prove that the average American is pretty damn slow considering if we just all stopped paying them to F up the whole world we could actually get somewhere with this damned revolution. One might say that they'll use the military to suppress our uprising but i'll be the first one to call their bluff, the average soldier is an everyday hardworking american who chose a certain career, they still have hearts. If they're smart enough they'll call out the nwo, and guess what...they're the one's with the guns. these elites are living on a bad bet with sh*tty odds. >END RANT

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

true

but, if you were labeled a "terrorist " or "traitor" you'd be there. the line between citizen and threat to the gov't is a fine line (in their view) between the two.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I don't know if its anecdotal or not but the four guys that lived upstairs in the apartment above me for 4 years where the ones I was talking about. They started out as NYC subway sand hogs and left to become hard rock miners. They are the ones I posted about. The guys wandering off to never be seen again? VERY spooky!! Also very probable!

Zindo

This sounds like something pirates(masons) did; pirates had people dig a hole to bury their treasure and then killed them so no one except themselves knew where it was.

It would be strange if the military were using the tunnels for themselves ,but it would be an excellent way to dispose of corrupt elite leaders who sold this country to her worst enemies with the result that millions of people on the east and the west coasts died due to nuclear weapons.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This doesnt suprise me, being self assumed dominant thinkers. They like a nest of bees, sting any chance you had at real freedom away, the slef deceived often commit this mistake, But in my view were the equivelent of 1931 and were about to be plunged by force into war. (Sarcastic thanks to the world)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hello, again. Well I asked around at the base I work at, and I got a few "winks, and nods" about the government buying this land. No one would tell me what it was for but said it was "a good thing." So......I guess we will have to wait and see. Sorry I could not get more info.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I was going to say it seems like there is nothing the people who are paying for that base can do to stop it. I just wonder what those people consider "a good thing" to be.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I must say I'm very glad that I live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Colorado is shaping up to be one of the most heavily guarded states that this country will see. Between NORAD, the Air Force base in Colorado Springs, this new project, and a few other outposts.. A target? Probably, but as mentioned before, the Eastern Seaboard is much more likely to be struck in the event of all out warfare. Colorado has it made. I feel super safe. =) Plus I'm 50 miles SW of Denver, into the Rockies, which makes for a great place to bug out. In all seriousness, if anyone feels the need to get out here and very quickly, due to a up-and-coming war, please do so now while gasoline is cheap and real estate is cheaper. Just my 2 cents, now worth 1.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I talked to someone that comes from this area and this is rugged land, canyons for the most part. A lot of this area is horse back only travel.

The people are fighting this take over.

Roper

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

"Geo Cities"

I have a fascinating story about this geo cities thing. I live in Wyoming out on the range, and there is this tunnel underneath the highway. Since I am the explorer that I am... there was a little tub filled with toys. Small little treasures, like little dinosaurs, baby troll toys, erasers, etc etc. In this small tube there was also a notepad that served the purpose as a check point. The lid of the container said geo cities. com. Might I add this tub was covered by a old colorado license plate. Then after about three to five months I went back and it vanished.... maybe because I wrote in the notepad? Well, I just thought it would be wicked to talk to someone this way, underground and undercover.

Any explanations?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Ya that or the huge military build up means Colorado is the first to succumb to Marshall Law and the police state and can most easily round up the citizens.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Marius Blackwood

Where are they going to get the money? Do they expect the the nation to just stand back and twiddle their thumbs while the military/gov insure that the economy will never recover? Do they expect that the people that they're displacing will not fight back? ......

You're joking.....right? The money......they have a massive black ops budget that only they are privvy to; accountable to no one. Nation twiddling it's thumbs? Isn't that pretty much business as usual in these United States? Fighting back?????

I'm JUST not seeing it. I don't mean this as a PERSONAL attack on YOU. But I had to respond to your remark

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Ya that or the huge military build up means Colorado is the first to succumb to Marshall Law and the police state and can most easily round up the citizens.

Marshall Law school? What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am so glad to see some interest in Southern Colorado. I live in Huerfano County. There is not much here our population for the whole county is around 8,000.

The people to the southeast of me are truly outraged. Along our interstate south semi truck trailers are parked these trailers are painted with signs denouncing this action by the military.

Due to the sparse population in Southern Colorado outside sources continually come in to exploit the land drillers, military, land developers you name it.

Right now a methane drilling operation is going on not to far from where I live. This project is pulling up ground water to extract the methane. This process is depleting private wells and polluting our rivers.

It has also been suggested depleting our aquifer is adversely affecting our trees. We are an area of low rainfall our trees depend on the aquifer. We have lost many of our pinons and our cedars are beginning to show signs of stress.

Whatever the military is planning for this area is not going to be good for the land or people.

No one cares about us down here especially the State of Colorado and the military. They forget we are even down here until they see an opportunity to make quick money ruin the land and get out.

All this loss of water in our aquifers makes me wonder if something more is going on. I know when the drilling began we were experiencing small earthquakes due to the voids left from the sucking out of the ground water.

This is such a shame this is a most beautiful area. The land the military wants is mostly used for cattle. This is rugged canyon country dotted with petroglyphs the Santa Fe trail runs near this area.

This whole area of Southern Colorado is beautiful and pristine you know it's where the deer and the antelope play.

I live between Walsenburg and a little 60's hippie town called Gardner. I have the Rocky Mountains in my backyard and the vast grasslands of the prairie in the front. I love it here and for the most part we are left completely alone. I would invite anyone to come to our area regardless of what goes on here one can still "get lost."

Thanks for the thread and bringing the plight of these ranch families to light. These people have lived on this land for generations. These are self-sufficient people who ask for nothing and in return the government takes over their land nullifying their way of life via imminent domain. They will not go down without a fight. They are mad as hell but unfortunately their numbers are low and this area is not well known, not enough votes down here. Thanks again for bringing this forgotten area and it's forgotten people to ATS and the public.

Here's a link from Walsenburg's Huerfano Journal our weekly paper!
www.huerfanojournal.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Do you ever get a chance to check out the sands dunes national park and the area around there? That is one area we should try to pay close attention to.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the article. I find some of the best news in blogs, gossip web sites, and comments left on a site after an article. I take something that was stated it and research it for more reliable sources. You won't believe some of the articles/official documents I find in this way! I am a human data miner. I scan all kinds of official and unofficial sites! My best research, many times, starts with a non-news, non-official site!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join