It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in America: Drive-through voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can't belive this has not been discussed already. If it has please forgive me...
I heard about this a little while ago. Is there anyone in the states that can confirm or deny this is happening? and more to the point, will you be voting from your car?

With the oldest ever candidate and the first black nominee, the upcoming US election already has a lot of firsts. Now add another: drive-through voting.

Voters There can perform their civic duty without leaving the comfort of their automobiles at eight electronic booths set up in a parking lot. The booths are also available for voters to register on the last permitted day before the November 4 election.

Story

McVoting at California's drive-thru polling booth

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — A cheeseburger and democracy to go? Not quite, but politically active Californians have been able to cast election ballots from the comfort of their cars at a one-off drive-thru voting booth.

The innovative drive-thru voting system was opened late Monday in Santa Ana, southeast of Los Angeles, as part of a push to encourage eligible voters to register and vote ahead of the November 4 presidential polls.

"We want to do everything we can to take the stress off at the voting precincts on election day," Orange County Registrar of Voters Neal Kelley said.

The booth was set up at the registrar's offices in Santa Ana, with voters directed into lanes before casting their ballots at eight voting machines. The machines used were designed to meet disability requirements, making them a good fit for vehicles, Kelley said.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

This is a great idea!! I wish we would have had this in Canada for our elections two weeks ago. Indeed, only in America

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
its the fast food culture!
its odd it didn't happen sooner, the US not also has drive through banks, restaurants, wedding booths, divorce courts, and funerals

it makes me wonder, were do we go from here?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Only in America.. we are lazy lol

Also- who wants to take bets on how long it'll take some oldster in Florida to hit the gas rather than the brake and run a few machines over.. invalidating half a towns votes and holding up the results?

top topics

join