It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lies beyond anyone! (Healthcare)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ok today what obama said has completely P@##@% me off.

First off I would like to state the fact I am NEITHER Republican nor Democrat!

Today at his speech in North Carolina he spoke about health care and his so called plan. He said stated that he is going to do away with "pre-existing" scenarios.

Meaning say you get cancer and your health care company drops you. with his plan he is going to make it where ok your health care company drops you but you can do sign up for new health care and get fully covered.

Now...lets see the facts here.

OBAMA CAN NOT TELL HEALTH CARE COMPANY'S WHAT THEY CAN AND CANNOT DO

ok was it that obvious? Well it's true he has no power what so ever to tell health care company's they have to change there policy agreement. When you sign up for health care you are SIGNING that companys rule book saying you stated everything wrong with you and they can drop you at any time if you get sick or they think you lied.

Seriously. Obama CAN NOT do anything with health care company's. HE CAN NOT tell them to lower there price. They are a company just like EVERYONE else's.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by xweaponx]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Before you start frothing at the mouth, you should really try and understand how healthcare works.

Under most employers plan, people with conditions are covered due to bulk packaging of the contracts.

Moreover, Obama can introduce regulation, if it comes to that, that will relate to such situations, so your other premise is equally moot.

People who are aging and with health conditions will suffer the most under McCain's plan (you should really study it sometime, there is a decent analysis of pros and cons in yesterday's NYT). Ones who gain under McCain's plan are young and healthy who can risk it and buy minimal coverage.

Removing state regulations (under McCain's plan) will lead to the situation that you can be shafted by the companies and there'd be no recourse. In addition, I would be spending a few thousand dollars more as I live in NY and have a family.

Obama rulez.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Before you start frothing at the mouth, you should really try and understand how healthcare works.

Under most employers plan, people with conditions are covered due to bulk packaging of the contracts.

Moreover, Obama can introduce regulation, if it comes to that, that will relate to such situations, so your other premise is equally moot.

People who are aging and with health conditions will suffer the most under McCain's plan (you should really study it sometime, there is a decent analysis of pros and cons in yesterday's NYT). Ones who gain under McCain's plan are young and healthy who can risk it and buy minimal coverage.

Removing state regulations (under McCain's plan) will lead to the situation that you can be shafted by the companies and there'd be no recourse. In addition, I would be spending a few thousand dollars more as I live in NY and have a family.

Obama rulez.

But those companies can regulate it and don't have to accept the regulations from Obama.

You can't tell a company what they can and can not do.

Plus he's going to tax company's more.

Ok yeah lets be smart here. A company getting taxed more is going to lay people off and or move over sea's.

Wow obama your real smart (sarcasm) I really don't care he's going to get assassinated anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Now...lets see the facts here.

OBAMA CAN NOT TELL HEALTH CARE COMPANY'S WHAT THEY CAN AND CANNOT DO
Seriously. Obama CAN NOT do anything with health care company's. HE CAN NOT tell them to lower there price. They are a company just like EVERYONE else's.

Babe, if he is president and the Dems control the house, guess what? HE CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
You can't tell a company what they can and can not do.

Do we live in the same country? What are you talking about? Heck, did you even hear about zoning rules or transportation safety commission, who tell the companies when and where and how they should check their airplanes? Do oil companies drill everywhere they please? Can a company sell a machine gun to an individual? Can a drug company release a drug without FDA approval? Come on now (from under the rock).

Wow obama your real smart (sarcasm) I really don't care he's going to get assassinated anyway.

When I read these two sentences in their entirety, I can only conclude that your call to being smart is a farce. You don't even know what you talking about.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

When you raise taxes on corporations, they lose money. I think we all no that, so to make that loss up you must make other cuts.
A. Jobs, so the gov. under BHO will pick up the tab for there lost medical ins. with our tax dollars.
B. Benefits, see above.
C. Regulations requiring coverage, he gets to appoint the judges.

So if it's not "C" why would any company cover healthcare unless forced to by "C". If that happens my business goes under and my 8 employers are looking for jobs.

But, hey we will have national health care and the quality service we have come to count on from programs. sigh

Why are Canadians coming here for coverage? there gov. pays for it. Because it sucks, they can't get treated and they are so overwhelmed that they are having trouble keeping up with preventative medicine.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well all I have to say is if he does, then the unemployment rate is going to go through the roof. If Obama takes away the insurance companies tax breaks they are going to raise rates. Then if he makes them not to be able to deny coverage to people then that is going to jack the rates up even more. Then he is going to make every employer provide health care coverage for their employees. That is going to jack up the overhead of the business no matter how small.

You know for a guy that preaches about "common sense" regulation he doesn't see to have very much. I'm not siding with the insurance companies, but you can't defy the "laws of business." As in businesses can't stay up and running if they aren't profitable.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.cnn.com.../video/bestoftv/2008/10/28/ec.campbell.brown.obama.cnn

look he's even on a spending problem.

top topics

join