It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executions, Torture in North Korea 'Worse Than Animal Slaughter'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Executions, Torture in North Korea 'Worse Than Animal Slaughter'

www.foxnews.com

SEOUL, South Korea — The condemned inmate, his body torn apart by guard dogs, slumped unconscious as the three executioners fired. The bullets shattered his skull, splattering blood near other prisoners forced to watch.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lost of new about North Korea these days though this isnt very pleasant. I know their leader appears to be in serious health condition and it makes it hard to feel too sorry for a guy like that allows the folks his country to be treated in such a way. Keep in mind that yes these are prisoners so maybe they do deserve what they get depensing on the crime comitted but the the regular citizens of the DPRK doo not fair much better.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's too bad that things wil never change in N Korea without another bloody war. They won't change because in order to have change the people must affect change. They never will because they are hopelessly brainwashed. People in N Korea keep pictures of Kim above their dinner tables the same way christians keep crucifxes above theirs. Kim Il Sung has been deified by the people of north Korea. This is probably the most succesful example of mind control methods, being used to dominate a population in the modern world.

The people are crushed by a boot and they love the boot and shower it with praise.

edit for grammar

[edit on 29-10-2008 by red_leader]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now if only you had a title of "US tortures prisoners by depriving them of chocolate" you would by now have 50 replies.

Didn't you get the memo, no one is interested in the REAL bad guys.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Being a South Korean I can tell you that what the western world hears about North Korea is only the real sensational headlines. North Korea is a regime that starves it's citizens and gives the food aid from USA, China, Russia and the EU to their military only. Aid that is meant for the everyday citizens. It is an outrage how the North Koreans are treated by this criminal regime.

The common people have been indoctrinated into believing that Kim is a god of sorts, so much that even defectors from NK to the south and to China actually cry when there is news questioning their "dear leader's" health.

I hope the leadership there changes and more moderate minds take control. God bless the poor souls that have to live there.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Maybe some Americans (myself included) care more about what goes on here, because this is our country.

What, would you like to start another war? Kill more Americans because of some nut who is no threat to us?

We have our own problems we have to deal with. We don't have the time or the resources to police the world. SORRY.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Smokey420]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanobyte
Being a South Korean I can tell you that what the western world hears about North Korea is only the real sensational headlines. North Korea is a regime that starves it's citizens and gives the food aid from USA, China, Russia and the EU to their military only. Aid that is meant for the everyday citizens. It is an outrage how the North Koreans are treated by this criminal regime.

The common people have been indoctrinated into believing that Kim is a god of sorts, so much that even defectors from NK to the south and to China actually cry when there is news questioning their "dear leader's" health.

I hope the leadership there changes and more moderate minds take control. God bless the poor souls that have to live there.

You full of yourself, so are the rest of you who belive FOX of all people!

Let me ask you, have any of you ever been to North Korea? Though not. If your so ignorant, that you trust every last propeganda word coming out of western medias mouth, then you obviously have no idea what the country is really like. Rather than take these #ty stories and run with them, like your some expert on the goings on of a country you have never visited, try doing some real investigation on the country.

If it is human rights your all bitching and moaning about, need I remind you of Guantanimo bay? Oh but wait you have double standards so it is ok? 99% of those in there have nothing to do with terrorism or AlQaeda, but they wound up there anyway to please to tormented and sick people in the white house and all those sick soldiers who get off torturing, rapeing, humiliating, doing greivous harm to and murdering innocent men, women and CHILDREN!.

Heck if I was givent he choice between Kim or Bush, I know who I would choose anyday (Kim for those too dense or naive to realise).

Keep your democracy bull if police state and no morals is what results from it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Let me ask you, have any of you ever been to North Korea?

I saw a show where the guy went filming undercover in North Korea and he said he once saw two children pull a kernel of corn out of a cow turd and fight over who would get to eat it.

However he did not get that on film.

The conditions he DID get on film were appalling and scary. Yes, the NK people worship their leader with intense fervor. Those who don't, pretend to - because they are terrified NOT to. And children ARE starving in the streets.

You go to prison there if you fail to worship Kim Jong Il adequately. Or if you are seen with the wrong person. Or if a military employee has a whim.

Those poor people, brainwashed and completely subjugated under the leadership pf a madman! It is quite possibly the most evil government on earth.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The best thing that could happen to N Korea is for Kim to die.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Do you really believe that Kim is responsible for the state of the North Korean nation? He's just one guy, and not 'the original' at that!

This totalitarian system has been cannibalizing itself for decades.

The Koreans are the only ones suffering. As usual the ruling class and senior advisers are doing fine!

I am sorry that many Americans don't seem moved by the situation in North Korea. We have been desensitized and flooded with information, most of which is useless. Relatively speaking, few Americans are even aware of the rest of the world right now, outside of where all the wealth is going.

I just want to add. This is not 'news'. There will be a time when it will be scrutinized. It almost certainly will be once it's too late to do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

This is a 53 minute doc its pretty good. The last stop on their subway is paradise!!
video.google.ca...

Google Video Link

I think this is the only American defector to North Korea. He may be the biggest idiot ever:

this is a short one from National Geographic.

edited to fix vid link

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think the saddest part is that North Korea as a nation has the potential to be full of intelligent educated individuals that could really contribute to the world but they are being held back and oppressed by the powerbase there. Not sure what can be done though. Regime change yes, but can the world stomach another war to free a people and get rid of the powers there? I doubt it. Its just not on the priority list...if they were sitting on oil though it would be another matter entirely. The ONLY reason NK gets any pub anyway is because of their nukes.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh even better I found this full version of the national geo doc:

Google Video Link

I can`t make the embed feature work heres a link:
video.google.ca...
edit to fix vid embed

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere

I saw a show where the guy went filming undercover in North Korea and he said he once saw two children pull a kernel of corn out of a cow turd and fight over who would get to eat it.

However he did not get that on film.

No kidding? Sounds like US misinformation. To those accoustomed to plain speech -- BS.

The conditions he DID get on film were appalling and scary. Yes, the NK people worship their leader with intense fervor. Those who don't, pretend to - because they are terrified NOT to. And children ARE starving in the streets.

You go to prison there if you fail to worship Kim Jong Il adequately. Or if you are seen with the wrong person. Or if a military employee has a whim.

Those poor people, brainwashed and completely subjugated under the leadership pf a madman! It is quite possibly the most evil government on earth.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

The US has committed more crimes and warcrimes than perhaps any regime in the last century. The stories we get from government and corporate controlled media is frequently fiction. In fact, we are fed enough fiction that anything they say is suspect.

One thing is certain. The most evil government on earth is uncle sam.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
without wanting to start a crap-fest on how the american government commits enough crimes on humanity; if i could have one wish it would be some sort of invasion into north korea to liberate its poor working camp cities and people...

that place is one of the most f'ed up places on earth. in MY opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

I dunno buddy... this one shows some really graphic images... its kinda the trump card here.
video.google.ca...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

People keep pictures of kim yul whatever in their houses because it is mandatory, they have to have it, every househould also has to have a radio fitted to the wall that is unable to turn off, and the volume can only be turned down to a certain extent so they can listen to propaganda 24/7

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
You full of yourself, so are the rest of you who belive FOX of all people!

Let me ask you, have any of you ever been to North Korea? Though not.

Pah-bo, your ignorance is sadly humorous - Yes I have been to North Korea, the Hyundai Corporation hosts tours to Kaesong for over 100,000 South Koreans annually as part of the reunification effort.

Heck if I was givent he choice between Kim or Bush, I know who I would choose anyday (Kim for those too dense or naive to realise).

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. If you are a Korean then I can tell you that your expressed viewpoint here are an insult to your ancestors.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousATS

The US has committed more crimes and warcrimes than perhaps any regime in the last century. The stories we get from government and corporate controlled media is frequently fiction. In fact, we are fed enough fiction that anything they say is suspect.

One thing is certain. The most evil government on earth is uncle sam.

Uncle Sam does not starve his own people, Uncle Sam does not gun down tourists who take pictures of bridges, Uncle Sam does not kill disidents (or you would probably be taken away for your post), Uncle Sam does not throw entire families into freezing rivers because they have embraced christianity.

If you want to think Uncle Sam is so evil, that is fine - if you want to not believe stories about atrocities in NK that is fine as well, but I think you are deluding yourself .

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
more american BS as usual , i can only expect that from USA , the most evil and genocidal nation on earth ....

american propaganda at best

Uncle Sam does not starve his own people, Uncle Sam does not gun down tourists who take pictures of bridges, Uncle Sam does not kill disidents (or you would probably be taken away for your post), Uncle Sam does not throw entire families into freezing rivers because they have embraced christianity.

much worser things were done by Uncle Sam to the native american indians and yes

Uncle Sam does not throw entire families into freezing rivers because they have embraced christianity.

sounds like typical american BS to me

Uncle Sam does not kill disidents

gun down tourists ?? sorry .. waht ??

[edit on 30-10-2008 by sadchild01]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join