It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Some Positives To Moving To America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In defense of America and Americans, we are a big country with many different types of people and scenery. America is home to Manhattan and Death Valley. We have Las Vegas, Berkeley, and New Orleans. We also have the Bible Belt. We have the frozen Tundra of Alaska, the sunny beaches of California, the forests of the Pacific Northwest, and the deserts of Arizona.

Given our diversity, it is not really fair to paint us with one brush. You should also not feel witty when you criticize what you feel is the typical American, because chances are one segment of American society has already blasted the segment of America you think is typical.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
The USA is a great place, don't get me wrong, but consider this:

Who comes to America for a better way of life?
Who has made it its new home, a place for new beginnings, well, the outcasts, the thugs, the criminals, the lowlifes of many countries, I'm sure that if you are doing Ok in your everyday life, then you wouldn't be moving to America!

First you are clueless as to who comes to America these days.

Second, most of the mexicans who come to America are not all illegals crossing the border in the dark of night. Many well to do and highly educated people come in as well.
Today, there are thousands of people who are very highly qualified and have lots of skills that seek citizenship in the US. Because it is still a great place to live.

To come to America from outside North America, one has to be pretty well to do and have the confidence of having the skills to make it in a new country. I cant imagine many Americans going to China and making a life successfully. So the people who do immigrate to the US are certainly not the thugs you would believe from watching tV.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
We also have the Bible Belt.

Not sure that's something to be proud of but ok.

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Given our diversity, it is not really fair to paint us with one brush. You should also not feel witty when you criticize what you feel is the typical American, because chances are one segment of American society has already blasted the segment of America you think is typical.

I pointed out at the start of this thread it was meant to pick up the positive areas of American culture.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Hey man, no disrespect intended, I lived in the US almost all of my life, I know what you mean, the US is great because of its people, not because of its laws and its government.
Many do get to the US with the right ideas, and many dont, many flock to its gates because many countries lack many of the commodities the US has, and many americans take for granted...

I've been working recently in several embassies and believe me, my ideas dont come from watching TV.

For instance, ever heard of the Mara Salvatrucha?
Info here

Its hard to say that those people really gave something back.
Its a tough world, and its tougher outside the "western block"

And its also true that many take without giving anything back, and that goes to many born americans and immigrants, the power of changing the nations and the people of the earth lies within the idea of a unified human race, unfortunately the NWO implanted its memes and fnords, and everything changed for the worse....

but there is hope, hope in changing ourselves and the place we live in...

<< 1   >>

join