It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video From Asfordby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this video... I din't see it covered yet in the forum so Here it is.
Click where it says video

ANy on got a comment for this one?
Ohh rah

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That could be anything, including a hoax. Who knows from that?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
looks like lights reflecting off a window to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sure, light off a window, balloons and swamp gas. Now back to serious comments.

Watching the second half of the video it looks like theres someone behind the lights holding them, if you freeze frame it there looks to be a figure stnding behind the ring holding it out and waving it around.

The first part is well done and credible, its the second part that I found a bit suspicious to be honest.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's a remarkably high resolution image from a phone camera, especially for an object that's presumably in the sky at some great distance. The problem I have with it is it's rather too good. The fact that the observers were night fishing also worries me a little. Why? 'Cos the latest thing in night fishing/camping paraphernalia is the multi-functional LED lamp. These lamps come in a circular shape and are actually marketed as UFO spoofers. Here's a typical example from eBay:

LED Night Fishing Lamp

Many of these lamps allow you to have four, eight, sixteen, etc LEDs lit up and look exactly like the UFO in this video. So, at this point, I'm plumping for hoax.

WG3

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thats what I believe it is also, my friend has one exactly like it and it looks very much like theres someone behind it holding it. Total HOAX if im being honest. If you pause the video a few times in the last section you can see the figure behind.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What absolute rot. This is nothing more than someone waving around a torch (flashlight) in front of a window. These torches are available from most shops and consist of several LEDs instead of a bulb. A rather crude attempt indeed!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
sorry if I dissapointed any of you. I thought it was weird but you all are the pro's.
Next time I'll find the video that shows the real deal. LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
sorry if I dissapointed any of you. I thought it was weird but you all are the pro's.
Next time I'll find the video that shows the real deal. LOL

Well thats part of the process, seeing whats what

Its hard to tell these days.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As someone who has had more experience handling cameras and working with visual footage than the average citizen, my personal opinion is that this is crap. The camera moves around in what looks to me like a blatant attempt to "move" the UFO around the screen. I mean, you can see the way this hand-held camera is swaying around in little circles, very much like someone with a hand-held camera might do, and not at all like an actual, three-dimensional movement would suggest. "Oooooohh, it's moving in circles now! Now it's going left.... now it's going right! Wait... where'd it go? Gasp! It's back!"

At the beginning of the film you can even see a second light toward the right of the screen, which seems to be mysteriously doing the exact same movement as the first one. Could it be a second UFO, moving in pattern with the first? Or could it be a street light or star that accidentally got into the frame? Oops.

I don't know what that light is that they're zooming in on in the first half of the footage. It could easily be a street light, if you ask me. Then, you'll notice that the screen goes totally, 100% black for a while, before the appearance of the closer "flying saucer." Either it was very, very dark outside and the person with the camera just decided to keep filming the blackness for a while, or this was an amateur transition between the street light footage and the footage of a toy on a string in a dark room.

Honestly I'm having a hard time accepting this one. What I'm having an even HARDER time accepting is the notion that there are so many people out there who actually seem to enjoy making honest UFO witnesses look like fools, by making amateur UFO hoaxes in some kind of sad attempt at getting attention or self-gratification.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

exactly the type of lights I was thinking of... just couldn't remember the name of em.. LED Halo lights. thanks for jogging my memory

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Sure, light off a window, balloons and swamp gas. Now back to serious comments.

Sorry if you didn't think my comment was "serious". The OP asked for opinions, and I gave him my honest assessment. I gave no reasoning for my assessment of the vid because I couldn't remember where I had seen those types of lights before; even though I was sure I had. At least until another member posted something similar and jogged my memory.

As for your implication that I'm some sort of forum troll, just looking to cry "hoax" to whatever is posted, you couldn't be further from the truth. Then again, I could care less about your opinion or assumptions about me. Though I will say jumping to conclusions suits you; it highlights your foolish side well
Buh bye.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Light off a window? You might as well have said it was martians, which id imagine required at least an attempt at supporting it?

Its obviously not light off a window, although there were pretty easy debunks which made simple sense as the ones given, thats my point.

One liners like "Its CGI" and "Its swampgas" without any support just seem a little pointless.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
You were all pretty close...

Its not "light off a window"... but light off a mirror.

You can tell by how the over saturated light or flare moves opposite of the LED's in the background.

Good eyes though boyz and gurlz it IS complete garbage.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Alter-Ego]

new topics

top topics

join