It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Work Ethic Dead?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

*grins* Good one Sonya!

I respect all opinions, I just get a little defensive when stuff like that comes up - I'm an emotional being and often think first with my emotions -

Now then, let me try and get some work done. * Goes back to Christmas shopping on Amazon*

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I'm sorry but attacking the poster and not the message is dne when you can't be bothered to think up a more decent arguement. Your analysis of me is way off, but try again if you wish.

Im curious as to how you interpreted that as an attack against you. I was merely trying to point out the subjective nature of judging others on how "hard" they work. I tried to make that point by showing how I could deem you lazy for not working when you were posting.

It's a shame I had to spell it out now, because it totally ruins the effect.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Im curious as to how you interpreted that as an attack against you. I was merely trying to point out the subjective nature of judging others on how "hard" they work. I tried to make that point by showing how I could deem you lazy for not working when you were posting.

It's a shame I had to spell it out now, because it totally ruins the effect.

Yep a shame isn't it, that's why i did it, because you did put in a few little messages about me and not just the issue. So lets just leave it there shall we as i don't really want my thread derailed.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I apologize if you think that a differing opinion is derailment. Duly noted. I'll make this my last reply to your thread: judging others on how hard they work is a risky game, because just like picking on those that are weaker - there's always someone stronger than you, just as there's always someone that works harder than you. So don't throw stones in your crystal palace on that ivory tower.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
I apologize if you think that a differing opinion is derailment. Duly noted. I'll make this my last reply to your thread: judging others on how hard they work is a risky game, because just like picking on those that are weaker - there's always someone stronger than you, just as there's always someone that works harder than you. So don't throw stones in your crystal palace on that ivory tower.

Ivory tower? Crystal palace? Man you really have no idea do you, nice to know you can't come up with a decent arguement and still resort to mocking me instead of what i'm saying.

People in the past worked hard, regardless of whether it was a menial or pointless job in their eyes. They took pride in earning their money. That's the important thing, a sense of pride out of work that's been lost in many people.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
why do we still have to work 40 hours a week
it should be 20 hours or less machines have easily doubled our production

did anyone see any benifit no just companys
companys dont have kids they dont need houses and food its alll for the company nowadays and no one cares
why because the company is nothing

and as we all see the companies are doing fantastically with record profits and what do we get

well we get tired and sick only to find out that the medical insurance you have payed for all your life decides your injury isnt worth them paying for
so in your time of need after you worked all those times they begged you to stay and you did

they leave you to poor to even buy food to get better
you watch the bosses yell at you in front of other people and disrespect you
tell you to work harder as they get company truck and buy themshelves harley davidsons to look like loser going thru middle age and as they tell you to work harder they take the day off to go golfing

probably with the money they were supposed to use to improve the workplace
that your stuck at while they play golf and after watching this for 25 years you start to wise up and ask your shelf why should i break my back for a place that thinks of me as employee #35421

gas costs more electricity costs more all the basics cost more i had a good paying job 20 years ago i made 15 dollars an hour i could afford my rent drink like an alcholic go to the bar 5 times a week and still had money left over never went without a meal

nowadays i was making 19 dollars an hour and was just getting buy when you loose all the good thing money used to bring like eating out going to a movie going to a bar going camping whatever it may be they have beat you there and raised the price out of the average persons hand and people are just looking tired to the core lonley family less homeless without hope

the price of houses here went up x3 at that point i relised that no matter how hard i worked that i could never afford one that was truly depressing
time

life is really geting harder everyday its not getting easier

then what happens they give money to the bank that stole everybodys money what did they do go ona holiday and gave themshelves bonuses

learn from the politicians and bosses dont work for your company steal it blind eat the rich there nice and fat now
work ethic yah my work ethic is im number one not #454565345643432

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join