It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the best weapons to use against robots?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have had great success killing the majority of robots with the run of the mill Phased Partical Pistol, available at most intergalactic Walmarts.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well frankly, first my TV, then the Internet were the first robots to have 'owned' me.

But robots can be disabled by other robots, or threads. Roomba has trouble with threads and twine. Therefore a bigger version should work for robots. Hmm, cars should have the same problem as my vacuum.

Problem is, once something animated is used for police work (think dogs), they become 'knighted' as police officers or property and you can't mess with robots without getting into the same trouble you would messing with officers or property.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a heat reflective blanket, the stuff that looks like the foil they use in spacecraft, might be useful camouflaging from optical and thermal sensors, or a remote control plane to crashbomb or wrap a thin steel wire around its legs

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
People the simplest answer is always the best. Spray paint will block any and all sensors then a cordless angle grinder will make scrap metal. You can then make some armor to protect yourself that is as strong as theirs.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My thoughts are the simpler the better I see a few possible options but of course the biggest weapon we would have over them is our ability to analyse and adapt.

here are some possible yet simple Ideas that occur to me straight away

Petrol Bombs/Molotov Cocktails - electronics don't like heat.

Salt Water - It's conductive and if it gets to the right places will cause damage

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I BELIEVE IT IS PHASERS

PHASERS

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How about a super soaker filled with "Magnetic Water"
or some kind of water filled magnetic bullet?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gullychief

Thermite, by far the best weapon used against any material. Just destroy the whole thing. One doesn't need military grade components by the way, and it can be made from readily available shop scrap if you know who to talk to.

EMP is fine if you can afford the fabrication but be aware of EM shielding like certain communications gear has. Magnets as one member mentioned may work, but bots may not be constructed from conductive structures. So all in all, thermite would be the best all around fail safe to use agianst the subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just replace the barbs on the stungun pack with magnets, use cotton wadding to keep them apart, repack with electrical tape. Only good at close range. Frys the chips like bacon; won't work on most alloys but you can still snare and shock if wires cross or add water to floor for contact. JC 2012

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

He knows his stuff... but it`s not as simple as it sounds. I can`t make my own bullets but what would happen if you fill a bullet with Thermite?

PS: don`t hit it with your car ... u will die and it`s just a machine it may be able to repair you may not.
- use the microwave idea a few posts back and you will die (microwaves lose power because of distance, but you are the closest.)
- explosive rounds might work.
- water will not, this is stupid ... what if it rains they all short ? that`s just lame this may happen if microsoft bets the contract.
- at 300 C most memory chips will fry, the problem is that at 200 they might work, you will not.
- magnetic mines work

If a computer becomes selfaware like eagle eye and the terminator ... the outcome is simple ... we die.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
How about liquid nitrogen?

Labs, hospitals, chemical companies etc.

-196 C will make for a nice robot statue, which can then be shattered by throwing a brick at it!

T2 anyone?

spikey.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Head shot to the operator. Really wouldn't worry about this for at least twenty years my friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The best weapon to use against robots?

Simple...so simple its too easy for most to grasp.

Simply....turn it off.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The PCBAR(practical curved barrel assault rifle) will must win OICW, because the OICW utilize traditional mode of straight-line shot; she will defeat the robotic soldier, because the robotic soldier can not see the shooter using the PCBAR; she will be terminator of the AK47 and M16, because the AK47 and M16 use straight shot.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
sand.

that or push em in the lake or a puddle.

-

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gullychief
...What are the best conventional weapons to take out robots, and is it feasible to make our own EMP or similar weapons?

Yes, a home-made EMP weapon is possible. Look around on the internet, it will tell you how to do so.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Agree with couple other posters that said thermite.

Roll out a bunch of marbles as soon as they fall hit them with the thermite and their toast almost quite literally.

If all else fails use this
cache.jalopnik.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
7 Sure-fire Ways To Defeat New World Order Robots:

Unplug It.

Recent studies show conclusively that most robots cannot continue to function without a constant source of power. Unplugging their power cord from the wall socket will disable most robotic adversaries. Beware of robots with large panels on their backs (including pink robotic rabbits) as this identifies the more advanced battery-powered type of robot.

2. Dance Off!

Robots can only perform two types of dance: the Robot and the Ro-bo. An easy victory.

3. Garden Hose

Apply copious amounts of water to robot enemies. Hide for a month until rust sets in.

4. Stairs

Self-explanatory.

5. Robot Disguise

Robots are binary thinkers: something is either a robot or it is not a robot, there can be no in between. Hence, intelligent use of air-duct tubing, tinfoil, and blue hair dye should be enough to fool most robots.

6. Hydraulic Press

Robots have a weakness to hydraulic press attack, for which see Terminator (Part 1). Simply carrying a hydraulic press on one's person may be sufficient visual and psychological deterrent against robot aggression.

7. Sword Duel

Lesser robots generally have simple pincers in place of more complex grasping apparatus. Challenging a robot to a duel with rapiers may be an un-gentlemanly but ultimately successful tactic for victory.

Happy hunting and stay safe out there!

[edit on 2008-11-29 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
From Amazon:
How To Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion

I have wanted to get this book for a while now.

Jon

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thermite is always fun to play with... But perhaps an electrifyed wire 6 inches off the ground. High current might short them out...? Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join