It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a visitor last night. Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey guys. I recently started visiting abovetopsecret.com to review alternative media resources and things like that. . .more importantly, aliens and UFOs.

Let me give you a little background information about myself before I tell you what happened to me last night.

I have always been DEATHLY afraid of Aliens. Ever since I was a child, I was convinced they were coming to get me. I would seal the blinds closed so tight, fearing they would be looking through the windows for me, every night before I went to sleep. The fear was unjustified and ridiculous, and up until last night, I didn't think it was necessary. On this board, however, I've read some posts quoting similar situations. I have never been visited by an ET or seen a craft. If I see ET movies or television specials, it makes me incredibly uneasy.

Almost every night before I sleep, I feel an eerie presence in my room. Like I'm not alone. It could be paranoia, it could be from all the information I pull up on places like this and youtube.com, but it's always from the same location, and it's always very uncomfortable and hard to pass out. Because of this, I sleep very lightly.

I awoke once last night for unknown reasons. I awoke a second time from dream because I heard knocking around in my room. I asked if anyone was there (assuming my roommate had been knocking on the door or something) and got no response. The apartment was empty, and the door was locked.

Finally, as I lay in bed, I became aware that I was not alone. A strange sort of music started playing in my head that seemed to be almost "planted there" (I know this is hard to understand) by something else. Almost to keep me calm. And then something touched me. As soon as I was touched, my body became wholly paralyzed, and I felt this sort of low buzzing sensation all over my body, almost like a hum or vibration. This lasted for about a minute and I realized something was directly to the left of me. I don't know if I was still in bed or what, I was so completely disoriented. I tried to look at this thing that was doing some kind of fiddling around over there but I was so terrified I could only squint through my eyes. It was blurry, and before I got a chance to move, I was sitting up awake in my bed (which is on the floor). For some reason I mentally projected the words "well, I thought you'd never come" and just let what was going on keep going on.

Needless to say, it was completely terrified as well, and I don't think this is the first time this has happened to me. Except this time, I woke up on accident or something? Or gained consciousness. The presence wasn't necessarily evil feeling but it was strange looking (from what I could make out) and terrifying to experience in the middle of the night. I'm pretty sure it was an ET.

If any of you could shed some light on this, please let me know. Or maybe someone has had a similar experience? I told my brother and girlfriend about this, and they think I'm nuts.

thanks.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by soitgoes]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by soitgoes]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Research Sleep Paralysis, a lot of these things happen to people when they have SP.

The word nightmare actually comes from these types of experiences, a waking dream, look at the picture in this link, people see and feel all sorts, a lot sometimes have something sittin gon their chest.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why is it that "these" type of stories always come, and I mean ALWAYS come from people that register the same day? Not saying that they can't, but being a member of ATS for 30 minutes doesn't lend any credibility to the story.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well I can't tell you whether or not you are being visited, but I'm interested in what everybody else has to say. I've experienced this "buzzing" or "vibration" of my body many times in my sleep. I even thought maybe it was just something with my bed so I slept on the couch one night and it still happened. I personally have only one time thought I was not alone and it was during sleep paralysis I felt there was somebody beside me. I don't know if it's "aliens" or not, but I'd love to hear some opinions since we seem to have similar stories.

Oh my brother is a doctor as well and I asked him about it to see if it was some common occurance and he said he had no idea, that he'd never heard of anything like it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would have to agree with phoenix on this one dont get your undies in a bunch about it either bub

It does sound like perhaps you are having a form of sleep paralisis, my mom has had it since she had her second heart attack and it sounds EXACTLY like what she explained to me.
I am able to sense/see things and when she had one at my house there was nothing here at all. Well in the room anyway. the 2 that where at the other end of the house where staying way back so as not to harm her in anyway.
The best thing I can suggest is to have a sleep test and also to see if perhaps there is a higher level of stress involved lately in your life. That part would be for you to go over and perhaps asess if things are getting to you more than you are letting on to.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The humming/buzzing/vibration sensation is a classic sleep paralysis/waking dream phenomenon. It's scary, seems real, you are completely awake - or so you think. You're actually asleep and you're dreaming you're awake.

Some see it as another dimension of consciousness. It's used a lot by film makers to scare the s**t out of you when the hero is dreaming. A sort of dream within a dream. Best stay off the cookies before bed. Drink something warm and milky. You're brain is too active at the wrong time of the day. Relax more.

WG3

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
The humming/buzzing/vibration sensation is a classic sleep paralysis/waking dream phenomenon. It's scary, seems real, you are completely awake - or so you think. You're actually asleep and you're dreaming you're awake.

Some see it as another dimension of consciousness. It's used a lot by film makers to scare the s**t out of you when the hero is dreaming. A sort of dream within a dream. Best stay off the cookies before bed. Drink something warm and milky. You're brain is too active at the wrong time of the day. Relax more.

WG3

Ah I didn't know that. I've had sleep paralysis off and on for the last year. As I said in my last post my brother is a doctor so I asked right away about it and he told me about sleep paralysis, but even he said he had no idea about the buzzing/vibration.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well I have read about some abductions taking place while people were driving their car etc, they have become completely paralysed as a UFO hovered over the vehical.

So I'm pretty sure sleep paralysis can't be stamped onto every night time experience like yours. It is very possible you were abducted by extra-terrestrials.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

Actually your really awake, you just can't move. I've had it many times.

What your talking about is false awakening.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If we are really trying to be honest the best approach would be to be open minded.

Go to a doctor and get tested for sleep disorders.

If you are not feeling quite right you may want to talk to a mental health professional as well.

If you were abducted you should at least rule out some of the other things as well and perhaps seeing a doctor may shed more light on your situation.

Either way I do hope you find out what happend to you, thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Oh one more thing...you may want to set up a camera if you think something may be around you at night. This could also be an interesting way to find out what is going on while you are sleeping.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by atzmaz]

[edit on 10/29/2008 by atzmaz]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the skepticism, malignant. I don't blame you for assuming that stance, even I have a hard time swallowing what happened. But I will be posting here regularly, thank you. It just took this incident to spark my membership. Otherwise, I'd have nothing much important to talk about. I like to listen.

For everyone else, thanks for the input. I checked out the sleep paralysis idea and it seems plausible. I have had one instance of SP before, and though it was similar, it was not the same as last night. I really feel that something was in the room with me.

I think the camera in the room was an excellent idea. If this keeps up, I think sometime this week I'll check out some cameras at Best Buy or something, see if I can find a cheap one that will roll while I'm asleep. Maybe I'll catch something? Or maybe if it is an ET visit, they won't come because of the cameras (which will be a good thing, anyway).

Any other input is appreciated. Thanks guys.

top topics

join