It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Times Poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In case you missed this week's issue of the Army Times, here are the results of the Army Times' poll of Military personnel re: the election (in percentages):

McCain Obama

Overall 68 23

Army 68 23

Navy 69 24

Air Force 67 24

Marines 75 18

Retirees 72 20

White Non-Hispanic 76 17

Hispanic 63 27

Black/African-American 12 79

Enlisted 67 24

Officers 70 22

has this poll been printed or talked about in any newspaper any of you might see???

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
no because it has nothing to do with who will be the next president. i doubt you would of posted it yourself if it went obamas way.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It would be the same results except for Obama if you took the poll in San Fran Sicko.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

And my personal favorite!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know, I was going to post this.

I did not because I figured that no one would believe those numbers, or they would claim that members of the military have been brainwashed to want to support McCain.

Obviously Obama does not care what the military thinks of his chances of being the Commander in Chief or he might address that very topic when he speaks to them. That is why his support is so low among the military.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Consider the source people. Armytimes is HIGHLY RIGHT WING. cmon. Use your heads people. I doubt this truly represents reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Like you've asked me before. Prove that 'Army Times' is politicaly leaning to the right! Show me another poll that proves that these figures are incorrect! I'm willing to bet that you can't!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound

And my personal favorite!!

I was coming here to post about that very thing. Its almost disgusting in terms of supporting a candidate just because hes the same skin color. I guess 12% know better though.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Find the democrat on this list.

gop.cha.house.gov...

I dont believe people are saying this is the way the election will go. I find it interesting those supporting the military stop supporting them when they disagree. The dem's have tried to suppress this vote for years.

Do you not see the irony. They will fight to register people over and over again. Fight for illegals to vote, fight for bums on the street to vote. Yet where is the fight for the exact people who defend our right to vote. Not there because there not voteing for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oops!!! Hope someone will keep an eye on the Dems so they don't try to have all the military absentee ballots thrown away, like they tried to do in 2000 and 2004. You know they feel that illegals, cartoon characters, and the deceased have a higher right to vote than those who serve this country in the armed services, as displayed by the actions of their federally funded voter registration organization, ACORN. And they'll do anything to disenfranchise the members of the armed services any chance they get.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
An American friend said something about this kind of thing to me a while ago, he said that all his military buddies vote Republican because under Republican governments they always get pay rises, and under Democrats they still tend to get the same number of wars, but with no pay rise, so they may as well vote for the pay rise.

Any truth on this?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gullychief,
There may be some truth in that statement but more to the point. The last time a Democratic POTUS gave a damn about our service men and women was Kennedy. All the rest have done their level best to denude this country of its military heritage and the pride in our nations military personel! When your second or third generation military you tend not to forget this. Pay for our folks has always been a consideration but thats only a miniscule point on the map!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is all a moot point anyway.If Obama is elected he will probably gut the funding for the armed services.Most democrat presidents have.Force numbers will dwindle down,and in case of a conflict he will have to enact a draft. Besides Obama won't need a standing army anyway.He's going to use diplomacy to diffuse any problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Fox News picked up this story several days ago.

It would be the same results except for Obama if you took the poll in San Fran Sicko.

And instead of Seattle it's Sickattle I suppose?

BTW, I noticed how you find it so funny that blacks support Obama..

Haha.

I find it equally funny that the majority of the military is white and they support McCain who is white.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Like you've asked me before. Prove that 'Army Times' is politicaly leaning to the right! Show me another poll that proves that these figures are incorrect! I'm willing to bet that you can't!

Zindo

Oh cmon. Prove army times leans to the right? Thats like asking prove the huffington post leans to the left.

Its plain as day.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

lol yea. its racism when the majority of blacks vote obama, but when the category of whites is in the majority of mccain in that poll, its not racism. hypocrisy knows no bounds

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I believe he said he would cut military funding by 25%

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by daddyroo45

I believe he said he would cut military funding by 25%

Oh please. I heard... .someone said.... my friend told me... blah blah blah

go to barack obama's website to see if he said he will cut military spending by 25%...

the truth

nowhere does it say that. ignorance is blissssssssssss

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Daddyroo,
25% reduction in military spending has many repercusions people don't realise. When this type of reduction takes place, it puts many of our most highly trained machinists out of work. The US ability to build basic tooling for things we use every day is at an alltime low. Try to find a tool maker that knows his stuff that is under the age of 55. Some companies here in the NE are going to retired toolmakers. Most of these folks are in their 70's. The tool making art is not well taught like it used to be, Aprenticetool makers are almost non-existant. Companies treat toolmakers like overhead instead of assets. They are the first to be layed off when contracts are not renewed and many are just leaving the trade out of frustration. This is a real problem, and the military industrial complex is almost the last bastion of this trade!

Zindo

[edit on 10/29/2008 by ZindoDoone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join