It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks drop over 350 points after Interest Rate Cuts!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Today, they did cut Interest Rate at around 3 pm. Stocks were rallied up little over 9350 points. But at just after 3:31 pm, Stocks dropped to 8990 points at closed bell. That's so FAST drop! We better brace our belt. THere's coming BIG CRASH tomorrow or Friday!!!

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nope....

Not til after elections.

Just to give you an idea....

Oct 20 2000------> DOW 10200
Nov 3rd 2000----->DOW 10800

Oct 22 2004------> DOW 9757
Nov 5th 2004-----> DOW 10400

See the trend, and thats only the last 2 elections do your own DD.

Afterwards, LOOK OUT BELOW!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I KNEW that NWO is puppeting(control) on Stock Market!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, wait and see. I predict, they would make another Interest Rate cut again, reduce to zero. Then, everything all will be collapse!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What exactly are you baseing your claim on? The market is extremley volotile right now. investors have no idea what to do so everything going on right now is panic buying and selling. What proof or knowledge are you using to base a total market crash because of a drop at the end of the bell.

It is common knowledge that the first and last hour of trading is always the most volotile...and during the last few months it has been compounded. The losses and gains during the first and lost hours of trading for the past few months have been staggering. I hope your not basing your crash claim on the fact that the market dropped in the last 30 mins? Or for that matter what the Fed's announced. Is it not obvious now that the markets and investors could care less what governments say and release to try and boost the economy?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It Doesn't matter what the rate is if no one is borrowing it...
consumer confidence is at all time lows .. banks aren't loaning to one another.. whats the rate matter... it doesn't.

People are hunkered down.. However if they go to 0% i bet i can get a nice refinance of my already low interest rate on my home loan, that would be nice ..

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
An obvious acceleration to economic destruction by years end or beginning of new year. They know a rate cut does no good for the economy (interest rates are steadily climbing and with it inflation) and I agree, the market will probably tank again soon.

BTW, has anyone noticed the skyrocketing prices of canned foods lately?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh really? No, I haven't notice prices of canned food increase up. I am working at grocery as night shift doing stock food on shelves for 6 years. I will check the prices. I will let you know.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about that post-election hypothesis. The markets always see some volitility surrounding an eminent regime change, but this time around we also have a very real hyper-recession in progress not to mention absolutely illogical volitillity the likes of which have never been seen before.

(look at this to see what I mean: en.wikipedia.org... You have to go all the way down to #9 to find one of the largest intraday point swings that has occured in the DJIA that hasn't happened in the past month. 10 of the top 20 have occurred in the past 20 days of trading alone and virtually every other day in that span has had an intraday swing that would have put it on this list before the month started.)

There is no guarantee this is going to hold together until after election day. We're trying to hold onto an overfilled water balloon while wearing gloves with shards of broken glass glued to them.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisAgain

No, I've actually seen the price of canned goods go down a bit here in the Pacific NW. At least when you take into account the fact that, for example, at Safeway's recent 10 for $10 sale things like Chef Boyardee pastas and canned chili are included once again in these sales. During the summer when gas was outrageous their 10 for 10 sales were pretty much limited to Shur-Fine brand canned veggies & some fruits while the primo stuff like Speghettios were "on sale" for 2 cans for $4. (I have a toddler... trust me, I quickly notice the prices on foods like this after my wife does the shopping and the bill is $30 or $40 higher than usual.)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafPosttrib
Oh really? No, I haven't notice prices of canned food increase up. I am working at grocery as night shift doing stock food on shelves for 6 years. I will check the prices. I will let you know.

Priceless! plucky loves your sense of humor!

As far as glass shards and water balloons...poo or don't! This is taking longer than the election!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When was the last time the DJIA had a gain in three or even two days in a row?

We have become numb to 4% moves up or down - and intraday swings of 8-15% up and down within a day. It's now been a month since we've had more 1 up day in a row, and two months since we've had more than 2 up days in a row.

2 of 10 Biggest Index Days Have Been this Month

[edit on 29-10-2008 by newguyhere2]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think this is what you're talking about.

The first circle is Bernanke announcing the rate cut. You see how that went over...

The second circle is manipulation.

The third circle was further manipulation.

The final trades closed at -74 pts but believe me, at 16:00 the Dow was down over 190 pts from 265 less than 2 mins earlier.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by newguyhere2
When was the last time the DJIA had a gain in three or even two days in a row?

September.
Lots of numbers here

There's no use in trying to predict what's going to happen on the markets tomorrow. Hell, there's no use in trying to predict what's going to happen on the markets an hour from now.

No one saw that crapdive coming at the end of the day today. GE released a lackluster forecast minutes before the bell, but it wasn't catastrophic; that's the only news I've been able to pick up that might have sparked the sell frenzy.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I knew it was going to drop today, how?

Well, I know very little about chart predictions and how all the indicators effect what the market is doing. But the ones that do are consistently wrong! The markets have doing nearly the opposite of what they are 'supposed' to do.

When it was supposed to tank the other day, it didn't. And when it was supposed to follow the rally today, it didn't.

I also knew after a sharp a dive it would magical stop and go back up again. How? Because thats what has been happening. This magical push far above what you think should be possible.

Today must have been a short sellers dream come true, or nightmare, most charts looked like some kind of crazy roller coaster ride with massive gains followed by massive drops, only to repeat the process again.

What are the chart analyst saying about all this? Is there any formula or trend at all at play here?

As far as tomorrow, as soon as everyone says what 'should' happen, look for the opposite. Then again, who knows, I'm just glad I don't have any real money in it. But I have made some decent fake money just doing some swing trading actually.

I highly recommend sinkorswim.com if anyone wants to play around, or just watch the markets; it gives you 100k paper money and 10k for Forex trading.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Second time this week a MASSIVE sell off in a seemingly coordinated sale at the last second of the day.

If you ask me, it looks like hedge funds are trying to bail out the second they get the prices as high as they think they will.

top topics

join