It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle Me This & gets some points with the first right answers!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Not too easy.... Just one of those trick questions.

With no wings, I fly. With no eyes, I see. With no arms, I climb. More frightening than any beast, stronger than any foe. I am cunning, ruthless, and tall; in the end, I rule all. What am I?

[edit on 10/31/2008 by skeptic1]

Dreams? or Imagination is what I would think.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just figured I'd throw one out there.

Brad stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 22nd floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived the fall?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For the people that posted answers to my riddle....

The human imagination is the right one. I'll let Sauron sort through the posts and find the person who posted it first.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I gave it Deson,
I don't know how many more times I was going to have to us the word imagination

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He jumped in the window not out

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85
Just figured I'd throw one out there.

Brad stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 22nd floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent, how could he have survived the fall?

Going for the "What the (bleep) is he on??!!" Award here:

Brad was a Genetically Engineered (By the Grays) cross breed of a Flying Squirrel and a Cat. You thought that "Rocket J. Squirrel (Rocky)" was only a cartoon. After leaping out of the window he spread out his paws and slowed his fall. Partway through his fall he realized that he was falling too fast and contacted his overlords who teleported a carbon nanotube parachute thus further slowing his fall. Then of course being part Cat he landed on all fours and thus landed safely.

Sorry about that, been thinking too seriously for too long and I needed release.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Your right!!! JK

Sauron you got it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Brad was on the ground floor. He was looking out that clean window, up to (and through) a soot-smeared window on the 22nd floor of the office tower across the street.

(It works, doesn't it?)

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is a pretty simple one, maybe (or not.)

#

All of his life, Mortimer wanted to be buried in one particularly expensive graveyard. It was his sole ambition and goal of his life. He saved all his money, and made all of the arrangements in advance, including a complete prepayment of all fees.

Yet this particular cemetery NOW REFUSES to bury Mortimer, even though there is a perfectly acceptable grave site for him. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Because he is still alive??

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Because he is still alive??

How can you be so smart? You are correct!!!

The cemetary would love to accomodate Mortimer, and his life long ambition, but he needs to be dead first.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Its a gift!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes, it seems that one could potentially have 2 answers. But not the one I was looking for.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think I got it.

He was a window washer and he was on the outside of the building. He opened the window and then jumped through the window INTO the building!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Your right on...... except Sauron already said the answer, so I don't think it counts.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Deson

Your right on...... except Sauron already said the answer, so I don't think it counts.

whoops, didn't notice that one. 17,69.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Got a riddle here then.

32 white knights stand on 2 red hills. 16 knights move 16 knights don't. 16 knights on one hill meet the other 16 knights on the other hill. The immobile 16 knights stand firm and don't budge.

What am I?

Edited to clarify riddle.

I also have taken the opportunity to U2U Sauron the answer for this riddle.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Deson]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I'm stumped. Been stumped all weekend.

:bnghd:

Anyone???

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Deson

I'm stumped. Been stumped all weekend.

:bnghd:

Anyone???

I'm sorry I can't give out the answer to this one. But a little background. From what I remember this one dates back to the middle ages. So you can safely ignore most technology related answers.

If there is no answer within a few days I'll give a hint. Personally I'd rather people figure this one out on their own. Besides, I'll admit that it's a rare opportunity for me to stump someone. Usually it is the other way around. (chuckle)

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Deson]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Iam excluded from this one, because I googled it.

Very clever!! I think people will need a hint. Good one Deson.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join