It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science of invisibility's giant leap forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Science of invisibility's giant leap forward

www.thestar.com

"You could build a shed out of this material and drive a tank in there, or hold a party inside it, and once you close the door everything it contains would be completely invisible," he recently said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So the article states that the army could have a device within a decade. Marvelous, the military can now bend light and cloak themselves to kill more effectively and efficiently.

So when the time comes for civilians to have the opportunity at using this technology, how comfortable will you feel in your own house knowing full well that somone invisible can be watching you shower or watch you taking a dump? Oh my, the possibilities are just endless. Have fun folks.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can see it now, SEE WHAT IS INVISIBLE. these new stylish glasses Rebend light to see the "UNSEEN". See if there is horny Japanese school boys looking up your skirt. Or Sneaking into the girls shower NOW! for only 199.99. (made in china)

I don't think this technology will ever see the light of day in civilian hands in my country.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you, just because that is that cool. Unfortunately it will be used for the wrong reasons. Besides military what else would that be used for. Not by an average person, but the gov't. This would be good for hide and go seek. Just kidding. Neat technology though,

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It would never be released for them, but imagine what film crews could do with this sort of technology having cameras all over the place all at once without having to worry about covering up the other crews.

Imagine how good it would be to stop real criminals, they can't see you coming so they don't run.

Imagine how good it would be for dodging house chores

It's things like these that COULD be used for good, but probably never will.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by StevenDye]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LOL just what we need, cloaked airplanes flying around, cloaked Humvees's. Think of the potential for accidents! Not to mention being able to find your cloaking material if you misplace it!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow. Finally there is a way for me to do my business anywhere I just have to without getting charged. The last time was at a beach on new years eve and got arrested. That wont happen again now.

EDIT: to clarify doing business = bodily function (not selling stuff...lol)

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Benarius]

new topics

top topics

join