It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analog TV: My government wants ME to have the BEST reception

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN
why the American government wants to make sure we have the best television reception possible and spend so much money promoting the day of the change?
They even offer converters to help us...coupons or what not.

Why not insure we all drive a Cadillac, or fly first class or eat steak every night?

What don't I know about this?

Is it possible that people with a tiny bit-o-know-how may be able to communicate via analog as compared to the number that could harness digital technology? Should I get a converter box for whatever may be in it? Could that come in handy somehow somewhere down the line?

Someone please explain this to me. I just don't get it.

[edit on 09.05.2008 by Anna Kronism]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Converting to digital and switching off the analogue broadcasts free's up bandwidth in those spectrums previously used, which can then be auctioned off to companies for other uses.

There you go, nice and simple, no conspiracy there. Unless you factor in the point that the Government's auctioning off those spectrums will make billions...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
this is simple, they want the bandwidth, they are forcing every one to switch to digital as it takes up less data bandwidth compared to analog.. then the FCC sells of that old bandwidth to the highest bidder.. or use it for there own sinister ideas..

I think its insane that the government can dictate what technology people use to communicate , the market will decide this..

Really tv in standard def is fine with me.. ill be sticking with my satalite tv in standard def for a while.. and this is coming from a guy that edits HDTV footage for a living and is a video electronics nut..

Sure HDTV is great but its the content that matters not the number of pixels in the image.. heck if that were the case youtube and other web based video would have failed long ago at 320x240 resolution.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You need to upgrade, how else are they going to control your brain?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Digital broadcast enables interactive control of television designed around commercials. Ever hear of pay-per-view? With the advent of digital broadcast, companies will be able to interactively sell you products through your television and converter box in the very near future. The switch is only the precursor to enable this. The entire TV industry is pushing it for that very reason, to expand the ability to sell interactive advertising.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

In the UK we already have TVOD were, instead of subscribing to a package of channels (most of which you won't watch) you can instead order TV series, Films or specific channels etc that you do want to watch.

[edit on 29/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the purpose for the switch to digital is the simple fact you can fit more programing(mind control) into a digital signal that uses less bandwidth space, in terms of transmitable frequency... spelling I know. any way I am no electro engineer by any means but it kinda makes sense, also there is that one simple point that with HAARP actions we are sinply running out of analog transmition bandwidth, the swith would provide a temporary fix, or its so they have the bandwith needed for project blue beam once we switch over. Thoughts any one?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

Mind control? Please...

Apart from the obvious effects of people being duped by Mass Media deliberately reporting stories with a certain spin, the signals themselves don't control your mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here is a video that covers the conversion of your analog tv. I am looking forward to the extra channels that digital tv will provide. My local public broadcasting station has 3 channels on digital, but only one on analog.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

not true the technologie outlining the impuls controll via electro mag wave from the set itself was pattented back in the mid seventies, again homework before debunk.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

So why are we not all mindless drones then? What exactly have I been brainwashed to do?

Your the one who made the claim, back it up. The onus isn't on me to prove you right, but rather yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is happening in the UK also, in fact the government have a campaign running, telling people they don't need to buy a new TV, all they need is a set top box which will do the conversion, I don't know any other reason behind it, other than to allow more access to the broadcasting network, which is deemed unfair, with some families unable to buy fancy TV's, and with more and more channels being broadcast for free, you need a box to be able to receive them.

People wouldn't accept having to buy a new expensive TV, seeing how we have to have a license to watch one £124 a year, people think they have paid enough to watch as it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumasonMind control? Please...

and why not?

Need proof?

Look at American culture.
From the day TV came out to today, people mimic and replicate what they see on TV. Most people buy products because they saw them first on TV, or decorate their homes, or drive a car they saw on TV.

The power of suggestion cannot be underestimated.

Derren Brown manages to take someones wallet and house keys, simply by asking for them

Here is several hundred videos you can educate yourself with.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Bear with me I am at work and cant spend all day on this but here a couple examples if you dont belive them look it up your self, and by the way the burnden of proof should be on the individual trying to debunk.

US PATENT --4,717,343 --METHOD OF CHANGING A PERSON'S BEHAVIOR--A method of conditioning a person's unconscious mind in order to effect a desired change in the person's behavior which does not require the services of a trained therapist. Instead the person to be treated views a program of video pictures appearing on a screen. The program as viewed by the person's unconscious mind acts to condition the person's thought patterns in a manner which alters that person's behavior in a positive way. SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 5,270,800 --SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE GENERATOR--A combined subliminal and supraliminal message generator for use with a television receiver permits complete control of subliminal messages and their manner of presentation. A video synchronization detector enables a video display generator to generate a video message signal corresponding to a received alphanumeric text message in synchronism with a received television signal. A video mixer selects either the received video signal or the video message signal for output. The messages produced by the video message generator are user selectable via a keyboard input. A message memory stores a plurality of alphanumeric text messages specified by user commands for use as subliminal messages. This message memory preferably includes a read only memory storing predetermined sets of alphanumeric text messages directed to differing topics. The sets of predetermined alphanumeric text messages preferably include several positive affirmations directed to the left brain and an equal number of positive affirmations directed to the right brain that are alternately presented subliminally. The left brain messages are presented in a linear text mode, while the right brain messages are presented in a three dimensional perspective mode. The user can control the length and spacing of the subliminal presentations to accommodate differing conscious thresholds. Alternative embodiments include a combined cable television converter and subliminal message generator, a combine television receiver and subliminal message generator and a computer capable of presenting subliminal messages. SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 5,123,899 --METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR ALTERING CONSCIOUSNESS--A system for altering the states of human consciousness involves the simultaneous application of multiple stimuli, preferable sounds, having differing frequencies and wave forms. The relationship between the frequencies of the several stimuli is exhibited by the equation g=s.sup.n/4 .multidot.f where: f=frequency of one stimulus; g=frequency of the other stimuli of stimulus; and n=a positive or negative integer which is different for each other stimulus. ALSO SEE: US PATENT --5,289,438 --METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR ALTERING CONSCIOUSNESS SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 4,877,027--HEARING SYSTEM --Sound is induced in the head of a person by radiating the head with microwaves in the range of 100 megahertz to 10,000 megahertz that are modulated with a particular waveform. The waveform consists of frequency modulated bursts. Each burst is made up of ten to twenty uniformly spaced pulses grouped tightly together. The burst width is between 500 nanoseconds and 100 microseconds. The pulse width is in the range of 10 nanoseconds to 1 microsecond. enjoy

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I used to work in a building 6-7 years ago that had controlled labs where some experimentation was being done on human subjects for both mind control and advanced or rapid learning. (speed learning). Went into them a few times during emergency responses to remove occupants to safety. Didn't look too sinister but I did leaf through some manuals to learn a bit more. What your eyes see and what your brain 'sees' are two completely different things. Compliance at that time was around 70% but it bound to have gotten better. The whole technique is the subject of a huge corporate arms race to perfect the technology. This does not however work on projection screen TVs that are first generation. These TVs exhibit a 'screen door' pattern when you get up close to the projection screen, and at the maximum projection distance of 12-14'. You can get the old projectors off ebay or other places. The newest generations overcame this flaw.

Analog does not support the formatting of these sort of efforts. Oops there was the popcorn and coke flash. Gotta go to the snackbar now.....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Digital tv lends itself more to a control grid type architecture than analog. The people in charge want a control grid. So this is how they do it. With digital media they have more control about what is broadcasted and who sees it. Plus the hardware itself lends itself better to abuse.

Digital phones can be remotely activated for example. Digital tv's will soon have inbuilt webcams. Usage statistics can be secretly collected. Things like that. And the equipment is more closely synced to brainwaves and designed for a more hypnotic effect, if you believe some of the reports out there.

And, on top of it all, you have to pay for it, just the way the elites like it. A bill for your own downfall.

I'm considering getting rid of tv altogether. Internet is where it's at anyway, and I'm learning to filter out all the bs anyway...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think we all need to take this as a sign that the universe is telling us not to watch TV. Come on, you know you want to unplug your programming cube. It feels good I promise. Heck, if you have the internet, whats a TV for anyways? Just do us all a favor, and at least boycott the commercials...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Congress/FCC wanted to show their superiority to Japan. it came down to using their system or making our own, so we made our own. this has been many years in the making, and the febuary deadline is the third push back date.

I assist to the co-manage a small independent infomercial station in NC. our parent company is freaking out because our digital is 480P and not 1080. i still say Progressive scan wins out all day long against interlaced video. My camera is an HDV 1080i and if you try to slow down the footage you see ALL the problems of interlace.

your looking at a pretty broad spectrum that analog was eating up. everyone has said it right when they say they just want to free up the spectrum for new tech. ive been hearing alot about holographic media, possible "thought telepathy", and a move to make FM radio HD radio and fixes for AM so it would have a more FM sound. lastly, you have military black ops stuff that probably none of us know about.

However, the FCC has already decided where the spectrums got auctioned off too. luckily, they have this nice list of where everything is going to go.

Spectrum allocations

Also, "snow" will be a thing of the past. if you use an antenna to pickup broadcast stations, you will have no snow after February in the states. there is no such thing as a weak digital signal. Its binary nature dictates that either the signal is there or it is not there. you can watch, but there will be times when it will look like the signal just "disappeared" for a few seconds, and that will likely be true no matter how you receive your digital signal, IE over the air and/or cable systems.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ben91069

In the UK we already have TVOD were, instead of subscribing to a package of channels (most of which you won't watch) you can instead order TV series, Films or specific channels etc that you do want to watch.

[edit on 29/10/08 by stumason]

That's nice. Everytime 'ala carte' television is brought up in the U.S. we get screams of 'thats deregulation, deregulation is evil' and 'if we dont force subscribers to buy a lot of crap theyll never watch so they'll have the money to support some high school idiot on cable access talking about his video games.'

I'm sure if 'ala carte' television was ever okayed here it would be three times as expensive as cable currently is so all the little groups can get can there money and support goofy little programs for the sake of forced equality.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Digital broadcast enables interactive control of television designed around commercials. Ever hear of pay-per-view? With the advent of digital broadcast, companies will be able to interactively sell you products through your television and converter box in the very near future. The switch is only the precursor to enable this. The entire TV industry is pushing it for that very reason, to expand the ability to sell interactive advertising.

interactive will do nothing unless there is a 2 way communication , over the air is not two way its one way , to you and thats it.. so for now there is no tracking what you watch...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join