It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flying tank or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is this photo showed T-90 jumping ture?

Do you have this video to share with me?

centery vanguard forum

The photos seem to be took from a video.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Might sound stupid, but it looks like a RC-tank to me...

But the entrie concept of a flying tank is pretty...well, not so likely.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It looks like a model. Airfix probably.
Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe they are jumping it over some RV's and through a ring of fire.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Maybe they are jumping it over some RV's and through a ring of fire.

You bet! And it burns, burns burns, the ring of fire...

I call it fake and this is not a one-liner!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Raud]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

I don't think that's a real shot. Antonov put wings on a T-60 (?) I believe back in the 40's or 50's. It was supposed to be released by a tow plane and glide to the ground where the wings would be detached. I seem to remember there was a test flight or two.
I've seen a Sheridan delivered by LAPES before -- that's as close as I can get to saying I've seen a flying tank

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This photo does look suspect, though the road wheels appear to be turning the track is still flat across the bottom showing no effect of being "unsprung". With about 60 tons on top of it track tension is set, lift the 60+ tons and this should have some effect on the track, at least some loosening or slack should be seen. I am ex-military trained on both the M60-A3 and the M1 series main battle tanks. I once in training "jumped" an M1 over a 6ft tank ditch at about 45mph and ended up spending the next 18 hours in the hospital with 3 broken ribs from the impact while my crew spent two days rebuilding track and changing 3 torsion bars that were sticking through a section of the hull. While built to withstand a huge impact on the frontal armor they are not designed to absorb the same amount of energy in other areas. I once witnessed and attempt at air dropping an M1 from a C5 galaxy which resulted in a torn parachute, a VERY buried M1, empty grandstands, various parts strewn about the field, and a slew of very unimpressed high ranking officers. Tanks cannot and will not ever fly!
Main battle tanks are very quickly becoming phased out warfare today has evolved beyond the days of trenches and tanks, line 'em up & shoot 'em tactics are gone for good. The Texas Army National Guard had the 49th Armored Division which was the largest Armored Division in the world. Now they are mostly enginieers. I don't foresee anybody in the world activly persuing any advancements in Main Battle Tank Technology they are simply put, no longer needed.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
its real. go to google video and look up t-90 you can see it yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OMG i could do a better pic than that on Photoshop 7.0
totally fake.

the ground shows movement of approx 80-100 mph....
yet the 'tank' is in perfect focus...

for christs sake take a close look at the image directly around the 'tank'
you can see where the background image has been smudged away from the 'tank'.

it's not even a good attempt.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's a Leopard in full flight:

This pic was taken from another forum I frequent, click the pic to enlarge.

And yes it's shooting while in the air

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Be warned before you anyone else clicks the link in the OP. It tried to crash my computer. I clicked once and it kept bringing up the same window. After about the website popped up on me about 50 times and showed no sign of stopping ( couldnt x out as fast as they were popping up) I had to do any emergency shut down.

UGH. Any one else have this trouble?

Just to stay on topic, The photo looks incredibly faked by the way I dont know anything about photoshop and I could probably come up with something more realistic looking than that.

Dust

[edit on 9-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
fake as fake can get... you seriously couldn't tell?

If you look really close you can see Chris Angel standing on the tank... This is real, the other one was fake, they covered up Angel cuz he's a secret weapon... hehe.. .

[edit on 9-11-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As a tanker, I have to say that in the unlikely event that the picture is authentic I feel real sorry for the crew. I have had an Abrams momentarily airborne (thats what happens when you get in a hurry at night at NTC- you find those wadis that arn't on the map) and it resulted in concussions all around and a few broken bones and chipped teeth (damn .50). Not to mention reconnecting track at 0200 with a degraded crew, waiting for 6 hours for a Herc, and spending the next few blistering desert days pulling razor sharp shards of shattered torsion bars out of the housings and replacing a control arm.

If the picture is true to scale, that tank is up there. Whoever is inside it is as good as dead when it hits.

I heard the Soviets did do some experiments with "airmobile" tanks which involved parachutes and farm animals, but haven't found any reliable info on it. From the lack of parachute tanks today we can guess how those turned out- or didn't.

Not to mention that that is the cleanest tank I've ever seen. Thats what really makes me think its a fake.

top topics

join