It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderbolts of The Gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
anyone else watch this incredible documentary?

I was just blown away

You can watch the whole thing online here

official website here

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
thanks for the post and info, could you give a brief description of the movie please? i have dloaded it and plan to watch it soon,but would like a little more information on to what exactly its about. i watched the first 5 or so minutes and it seems to be about our laws of physics and such and new discoveries. once again thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. Interesting about the "comet venus" towards the end. Well worth watching.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
thanks for the post and info, could you give a brief description of the movie please? i have dloaded it and plan to watch it soon,but would like a little more information on to what exactly its about. i watched the first 5 or so minutes and it seems to be about our laws of physics and such and new discoveries. once again thanks.

Description:

www.thunderbolts.info...
Thunderbolts of the Gods by David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill introduces the reader to an age of planetary instability and earthshaking electrical events in ancient times. The 108-page full-color monograph, based on the life work of the two authors, offers a revolutionary synthesis of historical investigation and the newly-discovered "Electric Universe.

Talbott and Thornhill claim that cosmic upheaval occurred so recently as to have profoundly affected early human cultures, provoking “incomprehensible” myths, symbols, and commemorative practices. Through a synthesis of ancient testimony, high-energy plasma experiments, and space age discoveries, the authors bring the ancient world to life. If their hypothesis is correct, it could not fail to alter many paths of scientific investigation as well.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There's a rather interesting thread here on ATS already discussing plasma/electric universe cosmology.
Check it: HERE

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

thanks for the description. i still have not had a chance to watch it yet, but i did download it with my realplayer. and as soon as i get some more dvdrs im gonna burn it to a dvd. along with a few more documentaris i have.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I didn't like it that much and lost interest after eighteen minutes of watching the video. The connection between the ancient symbolism and the photos of shapely galaxies taken by the Hubble space telescope built for the purpose of seeing something that the ancient naked eye couldn't obviously detect renders the premise fictional.

I think that the answers to the true nature of the universe will be answered either by the boring, but somewhat reliable way science works, or someone will break the stereotype in the way things are approached and comes up with a ridiculous, but elegant idea based on a different premise than the "archcosmology" -- an idea that will take its hold and develops into a black sheep theory just to be vindicated later on.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
I think that the answers to the true nature of the universe will be answered either by the boring, but somewhat reliable way science works, or someone will break the stereotype in the way things are approached and comes up with a ridiculous, but elegant idea based on a different premise than the "archcosmology" -- an idea that will take its hold and develops into a black sheep theory just to be vindicated later on.

Plasma cosmology is a fascinating alternative theory, to our current 'standard model' which is, IMO, badly flawed. Don't get me wrong, it ain't perfect, still has alot of mistakes and suppositions, that it states as 'fact', but it does offer alot more in terms of experimental 'proof'.

IMO, mainstream science at the moment, is a dogmatic belief system, in which only the 'current' theories, or theories that expand the current model, are accepted, this is a seriously flawed way of thinking and it is showing. The old 'publish or perish' system, is gone and has been gone for a while, IMO. Now, people are afraid to lose their credibility by coming up with the more bold and exotic ideas, and so, we are stagnating, re hashing new 'spins' on old ideas, this ain't working.

I can see no way out of this, apart from showing people that there is more to this world, than what is 'currently' discovered, that main stream science doesn't have the answer to everything, they just have a louder voice than most.

I am not trying to have a go at you, just trying to say that just because a theory hasn't been widely accepted by MSS, doesn't make it wrong, it just doesn't fit in with their current 'frame of reference'.

One of the greatest things I like about 'plasma cosmology' or 'the electric universe' is the possibilities it would open. Now I know, just because it has greater possibilities, doesn't mean it is right, but it just makes more sense to me. Everything, in plasma cosmology, is connected, from the planets, to the stars, to the galaxies, right the way down to your billionth and one atom. It gives rise to an 'Aether' or a pervasive energy that encompass' anything and everything. Basically, all the supposed 'black technologies' such as ZPE, phase propagation, quantum teleportation, weather manipulation, none of them, seem like 'sci-fi' when you think about the possibilities that this field would open up.

Sorry for the rant, this subject get's 'brushed' to the side far too quickly and far too much for my liking and it 'grinds my gears'.

EMM

[edit on 31-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Exactly, the whole theory just seems to "fit" better, and you points about the impact an "aether" of sorts would have on the viability of such technologies is right on the mark.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 31/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If anyone wants to learn more about Plasma cosmology or Electrical universe models, here is a great starter, I ain't seen ZeuZZ in a while on here and iMO, it was a shame he left, if he has, lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If the competition among the various theories could be likened to a horse race where I would be asked to make a bet, I would put the minimum amount of money required to participate on the favorite -- the Standard Model.

If there are objections to the leading theory, which has been developing for some time, there had to be alternative views to this theory when it was developing. There surely were -- a bunch of them, but most of them are no longer advocated by their proponents or their scientific progeny. Actually a good number of those theories tended to explain questions regarding weaker spots in some of the material the Standard Model was built from -- these theories were not standalone competitors. Those that were couldn't account for certain stuff that the Standard Model could.

Mozart's compositions were not that great when he was 15 years of age, as compared with his later work. So I would bet on the talent that the Standard Model has, meaning it can predict stuff which would be observed later; I wouldn't go by the way how the Standard Model sounds now.

I like to bet on long shots though. But the insider info about the good chances that a long shot lights up the board with a fat figure is encoded in abstract formulas which I don't understand. So I would go by the past performance of the alternative theories.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, from what I have seen, the standard model of our Sun, hasn't answered many questions, the list of the things the ES theory explains, that the SM can't is the overuling factor for me, 10 major aspects of our Sun, that still can't be explained today, are easily explained, and whats more, easily replicated under laboratory conditions.

A sustained thermonuclear reaction has never been achieved to this date yet the way in which they 'imitate' these reactions on Earth is using Z-pinch fusion, the very same Z pinch fusion the ES model theorizes takes place on the surface of the Sun.

These aspects, would lead me to 'bet' on 'the underdog' anyday, but thats me.

EMM

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
nice video
very interesting, though I do wish they would have gone a bit further into tying all the different parts of their theory as one.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

you admitted you didn't even watch the entire video - not even half...

how can you say it's wrong then?

the reason i like it is because i also agree that it just "makes sense", but also, it explains the "standard" model of the universe, and proves how it's incorrect by using facts from modern science...

watch the entire video!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I made a remark about the standard model of cosmology. The standard model of the sun is an almost separate issue.

When Alfen began to speculate in terms of "ambiplasma" back in 1960s, he went against iconic Albert Einstein. The result can be compared to Charles Darwin trying to make appointment with pope Pius IX -- the mainstream science wasn't impressed. Alfen didn't know about or disregarded the existence of cosmic microwave background that, when finally discovered in 1964, supported the Standard Model. That made plasma cosmology sort of a dead-end street.

Developing theories, such as the Standard Model, would always have competitors. The problem is that the counterpoints come from the guys who went to the same school with the guys responsible for the challenged leading theory. They all undergo the same education and stand to make the same mistakes in the way complex problems are approached. When Albert Einstein published his famous, groundbreaking theory, he was a patent office clerk; he was isolated from the mainstream views and that enabled him to cast an independent look on the works. History will not repeat itself, because the present requirements do not provide for an outsider to achieve academic sainthood. Also, cosmological stuff got very complex and an individual human brain may not be able to handle this type of task.

To me, the critical alternative views sort of resemble those get-rich-quick schemes. But the way money is made is usually through a long, hard work. So I think that the Standard Model must keep working the 9 to 5 shift and wait a bit longer.

I also think that the biggest danger to the Standard Model are future observations of the universe through advancing technologies. The astronomers may get the chance to see hitherto unknown effects that would defy the Standard Model.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
reply to post by stander

I didn't say anything like that; I just made a bet that plasma cosmology won't get developed to the point of outrunning the Standard Model.

As far as the "Electric Universe" is concerned, I regard it as a help-me cry from sinking New Age philosophies trying to attach themselves to something really big to stay afloat. Science is a race for thoroughbreds -- not for zebras.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by adrenochrome
reply to post by stander

I didn't say anything like that; I just made a bet that plasma cosmology won't get developed to the point of outrunning the Standard Model.

As far as the "Electric Universe" is concerned, I regard it as a help-me cry from sinking New Age philosophies trying to attach themselves to something really big to stay afloat. Science is a race for thoroughbreds -- not for zebras.

THe way you dismiss the EU is truly ignorant, and in no way scientific.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Are we talking about mathematical, "observed", or theoretical physics here?

We need people who talk to the uber scientists who have SANE ideas that can account for things we haven't tried to figure out yet.

I am not knocking EU but I am not saying Zero Movement to "fantastical" theoreticals, either. Meh, mainstream is the issue here. You have to give them debatable, testable, and "provable" solutions so they can extol how great they are and how dull their job "really is".

Michio Kaku has talked about EU yet? Or is he not concerned with that? He should get credit for something that is "huge", in my opinion, because he has talked openly about his futurist ideas. I think we could speed things up a wee bit but there isn't really any point except to benefit "the little guy" - combining solutions into a miniaturized but amazing, uhm I guess mentally "technological" advancing answer for problems is a good idea even for businesses and the uberelitists, they just might not get the idea of expediating the advancement of the common will.

Meh, who am I to talk?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarSeaman

I emailed Michio Kaku about a month ago asking if he was familiar with the EU theory, I got a reply saying he wasn't so I sent him a few links and he said he would look into it.

I'm eagerly waiting for his response

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is this seriously a new theory? This is hard for me to believe. Or else im insane or something.
I watched this, and for some reason, I just assumed we already knew we were in an Electric Universe. Watching them explain the electric sun theory I was dumbfounded, I thought thats what they already thought, I assumed the nuclear theory was ancient or another aspect of the electric theory. I didnt realize such theories were new and unaccepted. Weird. I understand the other theories fairly well, but I just assumed they took into account the fact that electricity makes up everything and electricity connects large bodies over vast distances etc etc connecting everything with everything else. Or perhaps, I assumed that electricity makes up everything even the "empty" space. Hmmm. Im having De Ja Vu now, this is weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join